Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
I am so worried, can’t eat or sleep
Previous  1  2

amother
Topaz

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 10:56 pm
Chaim Medical as stated above is a good idea.

Id also call Judy Fisher and ask her for help. She is amazing. (718) 338-1312

There are the usual ones as well such as Refuah and Echo.

Imax5

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 11:00 pm
English3 wrote:
Mother's that are anxious have kids that are anxious, you need to relax a little. Maybe learn some breathing techniques or meditation. Hatzlacha on your daughters issues. Her sensory needs will be the same if she would have her period later. You need to sort it out maybe OT.

I appreciate what you are saying but this really rubs me the wrong way. Yes, parental anxiety can exacerbate a child’s anxiety. But anxiety is also highly genetic. Don’t make OP worry about causing her child’s anxiety on top of what she’s already worrying about.

Imax5

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 11:01 pm
Also for someone with sensory sensitivities I’d recommend introducing tampons early.

tinyspark

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 11:07 pm
I got my period at 9 and was tall for my age and here to tell the tale. As long as you prepare her with books ect. It will be okay. Just check blood that there is no hormone issues. Pituatary tumors ect.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 11:10 pm
Imax5 wrote:
I appreciate what you are saying but this really rubs me the wrong way. Yes, parental anxiety can exacerbate a child’s anxiety. But anxiety is also highly genetic. Don’t make OP worry about causing her child’s anxiety on top of what she’s already worrying about.

Thanks you. I didn’t even respond to that because I hear it all the time from my sil who’s a therapist. It doesn’t help to shift the blame on me. I’m dealing with enough mother’s guilt as is. Maybe I should’ve gone earlier to the doctor, maybe I caused it by giving her to much junk food and on and on. I’m trying so hard to just believe that this is how her body was meant to be.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 11:11 pm
tinyspark wrote:
I got my period at 9 and was tall for my age and here to tell the tale. As long as you prepare her with books ect. It will be okay. Just check blood that there is no hormone issues. Pituatary tumors ect.

We did a full blood work up and it all came back in range. She’s sending me for more bloodwork that are being measured at a more sensitive scale whatever that means. In other words more accurate results

snowflake1

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 9:45 am
In order to accurately test the growth hormone you need a stim test which is a three hour test. The child does not eat and you go very early in the morning they put in an IV and they draw blood every half hour after giving medication to stimulate the growth hormone
if you haven’t done this then they really cannot say anything.
This will show if the growth hormone is deficient. Because, usually when they test growth hormone you cannot tell because it rises and falls throughout the day.
The doctors at Columbia were highly recommended. There are some that take fidelis if you need that

amother
DarkYellow

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 9:58 am
I was very worried about my daughter who is highly anxious and overly sensitive about anything on her body bothering her and not feeling right. I just knew there was no way she’d handle her period. She would be a mess every month and not handle the pads and bleeding. Turns out she got her period, was prepared for it and handled it exceptionally well. She’s still new at it but often I don’t even know she has it because she is really okay with it. I figured she would be bedridden for days each month but shockingly she seems to really be okay. She still complains all the time about things hurting her and not feeling well but she doesn’t complain about her period. I asked her if she has cramps or pain- I thought maybe she was embarrassed but she said she doesn’t. I guess Hashem knows who to give easy periods to. I seem way more anxious than she is about how she will change pads in school or camp etc but she seems to have this extra strength when it comes to her period. I hope your daughter has a similar experience.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics