Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Bathing kids
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Who bathes the kids?
Usually you  
 70%  [ 117 ]
Usually DH  
 15%  [ 26 ]
We switch off equally  
 14%  [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 167

amother
Lightpink

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 6:18 am
DH does older ones, I do the babies. He’s a little scared to do the wiggly slippery babies and toddlers.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 6:28 am
I am absolutely LOVING the distribution of labor and child care here. It's such a nice change from a lot of the Shalom Bayis threads. #restoringfaithinhumanity

When DD was little, I did all the bathing. Her dad was uneasy about bathing a girl. I never suspected him of anything weird, CVS. I think he was just afraid that he might touch her somewhere and she would think it was weird, or something. I don't know, he was just nervous. He was fine with changing diapers, and with house cleaning.

I think that if I had a little boy, he would have been absolutely fine with giving him baths, at any age. Some guys are just really sensitive like that. I get it.

DD didn't care who bathed her, as long as they would sit in the bathroom the whole time and talk to her, or listen to her stories. She loved water, would stay in until it was cold, and talk her head off the whole time. It could be a little exhausting. (*sigh*, I miss those days.)

amother
NeonGreen

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 7:30 am
Nanny usually does it during the week. But Fridays is always my DH. After basketball he bathes the kids

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 7:35 am
redheaded wrote:
Anyone have teenagers that help with bathing the young ones?

I very occasionally will ask my daughter to sit with my little one while she bathed, but I don’t do it too often because it’s not her job.

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 7:44 am
mizle10 wrote:
There is no poll option for it’s always me.

I voted “usually you”

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 8:04 am
I have never seen or heard of a man bathing a child.

justforfun87

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 10:00 am
amother [ Mint ] wrote:

What about changing a diaper? I voted that I usually do it but my husband certainly helps. Sure, he may dump too much water over their head getting the shampoo out and they all start screaming but he tries. I just feel the need to respond because you make it seem that it is inappropriate for a father to bathe a child... which to me is sad.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 10:05 am
amother [ Mint ] wrote:

Huh? Interesting. My dh still helps my dd who's 5, but he's trying to get her more independent before the new baby arrives iyh! Bh it's working, she just needs help with washing her hair and obviously with actually running the water.

My dh is too scared to bath very little babies but he'll help me, be at my side if I need him especially for the 1st couple baths after birth.

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 10:09 am
My dh will bathe the kids whoever is still young enough to sit in a bath my only complaint is that bathtime takes forever cuz he has too much fun with the kids LOL teaches them how to swim underwater etc. he actually was on uncle duty for his baby nieces and nephews annnnnd were chassidishe Surprised

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 10:51 am
amother [ Mint ] wrote:

Do you live in a community where the women are home far more than the men? Or just don't take responsibility for their children. My husband also does bedtime most nights. 😱

GLUE

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 11:19 am
English3 wrote:
My sis comes to bath them, she helps me with bathing. I have a lot of little ones, it's one area where I give myself a breather.

My sister would bath my kids then she got married. Who bath my kids now? Lets not go there.

Rachel Shira

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 11:25 am
I do it when they’re little babies and around 15-18 months my husband mostly takes over. When I’m heavily pregnant he does it all. I do hair after though.

amother
Vanilla

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 11:26 am
My teens do baths a lot. It used to be me most nights, but now that the big ones are older they enjoy getting the cute littles all squeaky clean, besides that they see how exhausted I am after a whole day and it's fun for them.

mha3484

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 11:26 am
I teach my kids to shower from a young age so baths are more of a treat when I have the time. Otherwise everyone but my 2 year old gets a shower. Its so much easier. I usually help the kids take them but DH has helped plenty of times too.

amother
Wandflower

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 11:28 am
amother [ Mint ] wrote:

You can come to my house to see. And now that we all posted you have heard of it. I'm shocked that someone never heard of it.

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 11:33 am
I posted that I do it most of the time. My husband helps out, he usually starts the bath and gets everyone in, I bathe and he takes them out and helps them into pjs.
When I'm pregnant he does all the baths, because I can't bend over into the bath.
He's more thorough than me, so when he does it all (once in a while) it takes much longer. He's also more fun than I am, so he would put in bubble bath, and play while I just do in and out.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 11:39 am
amother [ Vanilla ] wrote:
My teens do baths a lot. It used to be me most nights, but now that the big ones are older they enjoy getting the cute littles all squeaky clean, besides that they see how exhausted I am after a whole day and it's fun for them.

Amazing. I used to love bathing my little brother! I had so much patience for him, played fun hide and seek games under the towel. Wish I had energy to have fun with my own kids. My older ones are boys and they're totally not interested in bathing anyone. Our youngest is 5, and a girl so I wouldn't allow him to anymore anyway.

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 11:44 am
I think dh has done maybe 4 baths in 5 years... it's not his favourite thing to do and it takes him reallllly long and I end up just doing it, so it's never really worth it for me to ask him! (The story of my life☺)

I'm actually scared to bath newborns, so dh did it twice with my eldest but again, I'll ask him to help and he'll arrive half an hour later and then remember he's got to leave so he never did since.

With my second, I just bathed my newborn and iyh very soon I'll be bathing my 3rd newborn!!

finprof

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 9:56 pm
DH does a lot of childcare but baths are not his thing....he does do braids in the morning before davening so all is forgiven!

amother
Poinsettia

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 10:01 pm
Husband bathes the baby and I do 3yo. Just to be sure I scrub him clean especially in the summer. Dh will also bathe 3yo sometimes
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics