Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Why should it be OK for me to not be vaccinated?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 4:11 pm
Let’s pretend I work in a nursing home. The residents are high risk. Even assuming they are vaccinated, there is a significant percentage of patients, especially if they are immuno-compromised or post transplant or depending on their comorbidities …. Who may have very low anti-body levels.
How is it appropriate for me to keep that job if I am against being vaccinated?
I have a right not to be vaccinated, and I need to do what I feel is best for myself and my family, but how is it appropriate or fair for me to get an exemption and work there? What about what is best for you them and their families?

amother
Lily

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 4:14 pm
the nursing home should have standards in place not to allow unvaccinated to work there. I know when I registered to go to college I had to give in my immunization records. currently that would include the covid vaccine.

amother
Bluebell

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 4:17 pm
I think it should be mandated in nursing homes. In general, I am not for mandates (like in schools, offices, restaurants etc). But in specific, very high risk situations, I thin it is warranted.

My child has a medical condition and we went recently to the hospital where she is seen yearly to monitor it. It is a very specialized children's hospital. BH my child is not immuno compromised, but many children there are. I remember thinking that I really hope that every single staff member, from the head doctors to the janitors, were vaccinated. You just cannot risk an outbreak in such a place

amother
Bergamot

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 4:24 pm
It has not been proven that the vaccinated are not the ones who are passing covid onto others.
I’m all for safety texting and monitoring, but putting such high hopes on a brand new vaccine is beyond ridiculous.

amother
Rainbow

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 4:30 pm
The vaccine is only intended to prevent severe covid. It does NOT prevent transmission. All the workers can STILL give it to those in the nursing home.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 4:33 pm
So are you OK with me not being vaccinated and working with your Grandma?
Do you think everyone should wear mask or nobody at all?
Do you think any precautions should be taken and if so, what should they be?

English3

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 4:36 pm
The problem here is that fully vaccinated nursing homes and care workers have experienced outbreaks. You can not prevent this virus however this virus is curable, many elderly patients with a lot of health issues survived this pandemic with the right cure.

amother
Rainbow

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 4:43 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So are you OK with me not being vaccinated and working with your Grandma?
Do you think everyone should wear mask or nobody at all?
Do you think any precautions should be taken and if so, what should they be?

Didn't grandma get vaccinated?
She will be provided with HCQ and Ivemerctin

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 4:44 pm
Since the virus is spreading among the vaccinated too, why does it make a difference?

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 4:57 pm
The one and ONLY reason I see why people vaccinate is because symptoms are less if you do catch Covid.
But vaccinated people can anyway contract and transmit Covid, so what’s the diff to others around you if you’re vaccinated or not?

imorethanamother

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 5:01 pm
Yes, vaccinated people can get Covid, but at a greatly reduced rate.

More and more nursing homes and hospitals are mandating vaccination, or you can find another job. I agree with them.

If you want to say that it doesn't matter, vaccinated can get covid anyway and people can die anyway, then by all means, keep your loved ones at home instead of nursing homes and hospitals to protest this unfair treatment. I for one approve of a higher standard of medical care.

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 6:15 pm
I really want to understand the logic here I feel like I’m missing something. Anyone have any insight to share?

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 6:21 pm
[quote="imorethanamother"]Yes, vaccinated people can get Covid, but at a greatly reduced rate.

Not such a reduced rate anymore. Israel is saying pfizer is only 64% effective.

amother
Valerian

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 6:29 pm
My daughter works in a nursing home. She is BH expecting and not vaxxed (yet). She is PCR tested several times per week and is always N-95 masked. That is probably as good or better the way to prevent the spread of COVID than even people who are vaxxed, since anyone can spread the virus and vaxxed people tend to be less careful overall with SD and masking.

For the record, her DH is the only person in yeshiva to wear a mask all day so he doesn't pick up the virus, even though he has antibodies...

(anon because I probably just outed myself with the info above- SIL is literally the only person masked in a very big yeshiva system that shall remain nameless ;-))

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 6:46 pm
Kol Hakavod to your DD for wearing the N95 all day and for her husband for continuing to wear a mask when he is the only one. They are truly being responsible and doing their histadlut. I wish we could say the same foe every, but we can’t.

To the poster who say that well you can still get it anyway or that the pt.s are vaccinated. I think we are not really understanding how to multiply percentages. But hey as a great sign I saw says, “5/4 people struggle with math”.

English3

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 8:08 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Kol Hakavod to your DD for wearing the N95 all day and for her husband for continuing to wear a mask when he is the only one. They are truly being responsible and doing their histadlut. I wish we could say the same foe every, but we can’t.

To the poster who say that well you can still get it anyway or that the pt.s are vaccinated. I think we are not really understanding how to multiply percentages. But hey as a great sign I saw says, “5/4 people struggle with math”.

Just to explain it in other words wearing a mask is a chumra not halacha, it just to protect you but it can still infect others and yourself.

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 8:09 pm
English3 wrote:
Just to explain it in other words wearing a mask is a chumra not halacha, it just to protect you but it can still infect others and yourself.

And the whole time they kept saying to wear a mask to protect others...

English3

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 8:11 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
And the whole time they kept saying to wear a mask to protect others...

The point here is why vaccinate if you can catch the virus anyway.how are you protecting someone when you think you have a cold.

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 8:28 pm
I’m told by someone who takes the data that while those who are vaccinated do seem to be contagious if they contract Covid, it’s for a significantly shorter time than those unvaxxed. I think that makes a difference in high risk situations.

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 8:39 pm
English3 wrote:
The point here is why vaccinate if you can catch the virus anyway.how are you protecting someone when you think you have a cold.

Your not. I read that vaccinated people are spreading covid more since they aren't testing as much as nonvaccinated are. But they will continue to blame this pandemic on the nonvaccinatd. Have you ever heard where they blame flu on the people who didn't get the flu vaccine? And isn't flu still around despite so many people getting the flu vaccine? How is this different?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics