Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Why should it be OK for me to not be vaccinated?
Previous  1  2

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 8:44 pm
I would assume the facility has rules. If not, I would feel a lot better if someone who wasn't vaxed at least got a strong case of COVID at some point. But no, it's not ok; there are guidelines.

amother
Daisy

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 8:49 pm
Until I hear long term data proving that those that had Covid are at any more risk that vaccinated people in spreading disease, I think it's blatantly not ok to exclude those who had Covid as a reason not to vaccinate.

Yes, I'm a nurse. Yes, I had Covid. Yes, I've been exposed multiple times since and have not gotten sick. Yes, I still have antibodies a year later. No, I have not gotten the vaccine and strongly believe I shouldn't have to.

An article dated July 6th discusses research from the Cleveland Clinic that indicates that those with history of disease need not be vaccinated.

https://www.healthline.com/hea.....nated

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 9:12 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
I would assume the facility has rules. If not, I would feel a lot better if someone who wasn't vaxed at least got a strong case of COVID at some point. But no, it's not ok; there are guidelines.

WHY? The vaccination isn’t making a difference in spreading it vs not spreading it.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 9:17 pm
English3 wrote:
Just to explain it in other words wearing a mask is a chumra not halacha, it just to protect you but it can still infect others and yourself.

That is a falsehood and not a true fact.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 9:17 pm
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
WHY? The vaccination isn’t making a difference in spreading it vs not spreading it.

Also not true.
Read the science.
Still possible to spread but less likely.

People seem to see things and black and white. There are many shades of grey.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 9:18 pm

Hang on. Is OP asking because she's in a position to be setting policy? Then that's a different story and I think your point is valid and worthy of looking into further. But at some point, I won't fight City Hall. I do believe that there is a case for people not to get the COVID vax, particularly if they had COVID already. But someone in the healthcare system needs to follow the guidelines.

There's a fascinating shiur Rabbi Tatz has given, in a number of different forums. You can google Rabbi Tatz the lone ranger and you'll probably find it. It's reasonable to follow contemporary conventional wisdom. There are enough missing pieces here that it's hard to say, one should or must get the shot. But if the CW is that without the shot one can't work in healthcare then one can't work in healthcare. I'm not going to debate the lomdus. If the lomdus is what this thread is about, I probably shouldn't follow, it's way above my pay grade.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 9:20 pm
amother [ Daisy ] wrote:

An article dated July 6th discusses research from the Cleveland Clinic that indicates that those with history of disease need not be vaccinated.

https://www.healthline.com/hea.....nated

OP hasn't told us if the healthcare worker had COVID or not.

amother
Daisy

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 9:25 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
OP hasn't told us if the healthcare worker had COVID or not.

Yes but it seems like people forget about our category (those of us who had Covid) and focus only on vaccinated vs unvaccinated.

Yes I know the CDC recommends that those who had Covid should still get vaccinated but that's only because they don't have the research yet to disprove otherwise.

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 9:26 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Also not true.
Read the science.
Still possible to spread but less likely.

People seem to see things and black and white. There are many shades of grey.

Vaccinated people are getting Covid. Fact.
Vaccination ONLY helps to lower YOUR OWN symptoms. Fact.
Tell me how this makes sense.
There is no science on this yet. They have no idea how and where the new variant is affecting.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 9:33 pm
amother [ Daisy ] wrote:
Yes but it seems like people forget about our category (those of us who had Covid) and focus only on vaccinated vs unvaccinated.

Yes I know the CDC recommends that those who had Covid should still get vaccinated but that's only because they don't have the research yet to disprove otherwise.

And it can be a reasonable decision for someone who had COVID not to get the shot, IMO. But they might have to be prepared to lose their jobs.

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 9:50 pm
There is no science on this yet. They have no idea how and where the new variant is affecting.

If you hugged you might want to explain instead?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 10:06 pm

Not fact.
(I am not the hugger)

gande

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 10:11 pm
amother [ Rainbow ] wrote:
The vaccine is only intended to prevent severe covid. It does NOT prevent transmission. All the workers can STILL give it to those in the nursing home.
Yes and in a way there can be more spread with the vaccinated because they dont get very sick and also they think they cant get it; they are more likely to come into work carrying covid and passing it on without knowing.

amother
Rainbow

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 10:36 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
And it can be a reasonable decision for someone who had COVID not to get the shot, IMO. But they might have to be prepared to lose their jobs.

Covid has thrown all reason out the window. No one has the ability to use any of their own and those in charge have lost theirs altogether.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics