Home

How did your parents treat you POLL
Previous  1, 2

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Poll

How did your parents treat you as a child?
My parents loved and cherished me.  
 38%  [ 68 ]
My parents loved me but couldn't express it  
 19%  [ 34 ]
My parents made many mistakes but it did not rise to the level of abuse or mistreatment  
 16%  [ 29 ]
My parents mistreated me  
 7%  [ 14 ]
My parents abused me  
 8%  [ 16 ]
My parents severely abused me  
 6%  [ 11 ]
Other  
 3%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 178

amother

Salmon

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 2:06 pm
amother [ Lightgray ] wrote:
My mother is abusive, my father always loved and cherished me.

Same here. My mother is abusive, my father always loved and cherished me but being married to my mother caused him to be in denial of what was going on. It also took a heavy toll on his common sense which badly affected his parenting.

Success10

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 2:06 pm
I've wanted to make a similar poll on Imamother before. But one where you basically rank the level of function to dysfunction in your home from one to five. It seems there are more than average women here from difficult backgrounds. I was curious to see hard numbers.

amother

Peachpuff

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 6:11 am
I voted mistreated. My mom had anxiety and was probably narcissistic. Her biggest fear was having her children being "out of control", not them being miserable. Better they be miserable than anyone ever think for a second that she lost control over them Mad

amother

Peachpuff

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 6:14 am
amother [ Peachpuff ] wrote:
I voted mistreated. My mom had anxiety and was probably narcissistic. Her biggest fear was having her children being "out of control", not them being miserable. Better they be miserable than anyone ever think for a second that she lost control over them Mad

She told us all the time when we were little kids "Just stay little. I don't want you to turn into teenagers because teenagers are wild. When you become teenagers, I'm just going to have to do everything I can to make sure you don't get wild."

amother

Narcissus

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 8:55 am
Like others said you can still have parents that loved and cherished you and still have issues in the family. My father past away when I was 19 but he absolutely adored us... gave us everything... exposed us to amazing experiences. He also struggled with addiction, was never able to hold a job, and had a mental breakdown in his 20's which he struggled with until the end.

amother

Lightblue

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 9:00 am
I honestly have no idea if my parents love me or ever did. One of my parenting goals is to make sure my children never have this thought. I think all parents make mistakes but if the children know they are loved they can get past it easier.
Previous  1, 2 Recent Topics

Page 2 of 2 View latest: 24h 48h 72h