Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Yay or Nay for return cards

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 4:15 pm
Should we put return cards in each invitation or just dinner cards which lets the people know they are invited for the dinner? I feel return cards may be a waste of a stamp since so many people don't return them. The other side feels we may get checks in the mail for people that can't come, etc.. They said we can do what we want, and they will do what they want...what are your thoughts?

amother
Feverfew

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 4:38 pm
yes return cards

forever21

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 4:44 pm
Don’t you need to know how many ppl are coming so you could tell the caterer?

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 4:47 pm
Cards are classy

amother
Clear

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 4:52 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Should we put return cards in each invitation or just dinner cards which lets the people know they are invited for the dinner? I feel return cards may be a waste of a stamp since so many people don't return them. The other side feels we may get checks in the mail for people that can't come, etc.. They said we can do what we want, and they will do what they want...what are your thoughts?

We used them a few years ago. Not everyone returned - maybe 25%? But hey, that means 75% did return and no one had to spend extra time chasing them down. That made it worth it IMHO.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 5:39 pm
lots of people use an email address or 800 number instead. you might end up paying someone to track people done however.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 5:53 pm
Send them. But don't use them to decide seating and catering numbers (you can use them as a rough base then add). Just set up tables Kallah's friends, Chosson's family, etc.

amother
Feverfew

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 6:09 pm
People
Do use them to send checks as we do as well to others

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 6:22 pm
I think we created an email account and used the number from an old cell that wasn't being used. People could email or message and I think most people got in touch that way. I think there was a return card that could be sent back but we didn't supply free postage for it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics