Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Exercising while fat and jiggly
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 4:02 pm
Is there any way to do running and jumping kind of exercise without the painful bouncing?

ima22

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 4:03 pm
Water aerobics! Greta way to start if you have an accessible pool

asmileaday

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 4:06 pm
High waisted compression leggings and tight sports bra. Makes a huge difference.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 4:14 pm
ima22 wrote:
Water aerobics! Greta way to start if you have an accessible pool

I don't, unfortunately.

imasinger

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 4:45 pm
I second a good sports bra, it really works!

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 4:54 pm
Low impact exercise. You’d be surprised how intense a workout could be without jumping

amother
Begonia

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 5:24 pm
asmileaday wrote:
High waisted compression leggings and tight sports bra. Makes a huge difference.

This. And lift heavy weights instead of so much cardio.

amother
Acacia

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 5:49 pm
Remind yourself as do I that it is a temporary situation! Much hatzlocha!

jj1236

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 6:03 pm
Fabletics leggings! They are the best leggings and really suck you in and make you look great. Just be careful because they have a "buy 2 for $25" but you have to be a member and pay a monthly fee. I made that mistake and only realized months later I had paid over $500 in membership fees I didn't know about! Bh I got the money back.
That was my rambling way to say buy fabletics leggings but don't become a member. Smile

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 6:39 pm
Exercise bike. Saved me! You sit while only pedaling and moving your arms. It’s also the healthiest for your body Bec it doesn’t strain the knees. I would highly recommend investing in one

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 6:45 pm
I like to move around though. I find exercise bikes boring.

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 10:22 pm
I like walking trails and hills and step aerobics. I’m planning to have a breast reduction, a tummy tuck ( diastasis recti) and extra Skin removed. Told the doctor that I want to be able to run without a bra. He does not recommend that but really, I can hardly wait!

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 2:26 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I relate to this, but we got an exercise bike when DH was healing from a knee injury. It turned out to be amazing for when I was pregnant and the first few months postpartum when you don't want to strain your pelvic floor.

I go on it with an iPad and watch shows I enjoy. You can also try an elliptical.

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 3:04 am
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
I relate to this, but we got an exercise bike when DH was healing from a knee injury. It turned out to be amazing for when I was pregnant and the first few months postpartum when you don't want to strain your pelvic floor.

I go on it with an iPad and watch shows I enjoy. You can also try an elliptical.

Exactly. And once you start to slim down, it’s amazing how much more active you can be and you can do all sorts of exercises then. Then main thing is to start somewhere and I think it’s a great place. It definitely worked for me! I went from not being able to exercise at all (same- too jiggly!) now to jogging, aerobics, jumping rope etc. and down lots of lbs! It really burns those calories off, and you can watch something or listen to music while you are doing it, you won’t even notice you’re exercising. (Unless you like going on super duper high speed!)

amother
Acacia

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 3:49 am
inspiring thread thanks!

baby12x

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 3:54 am
imasinger wrote:
I second a good sports bra, it really works!

Any suggestions for a good sports bra?
I'm looking

chanasmom

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 4:53 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I get that! They really are a great form of cardio, without stressing your joints. I wish I had this option when I joined my gym and the running, jumping and high impact classes impacted my feet and knees over time.
You could make it interesting by alternating short segments of a few different exercises, and do them a few times, like a circuit style.
As far as clothing, experiment what makes you the most physically comfortable.
Now, I’m alone in my windowless basement so I just wear a sports bra and shorts.

chanasmom

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 4:55 am
baby12x wrote:
Any suggestions for a good sports bra?
I'm looking

Depends on what you’re doing! The champion brand has some really good ones. I go to their outlet.

amother
Acacia

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 5:11 am
I see your thread title Op and keep thinking "good for you! keep thinking its only temporary Wink"
yes a good sports bra is essential you can check reviews online

champion

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 11:28 am
andrea levy wrote:
I like walking trails and hills and step aerobics. I’m planning to have a breast reduction, a tummy tuck ( diastasis recti) and extra Skin removed. Told the doctor that I want to be able to run without a bra. He does not recommend that but really, I can hardly wait!

I doubt running without a bra would be comfortable at any size.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise