Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
S/o bought a house crazy market. Let's daven for each other
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
DarkRed

Post Sun, Aug 08 2021, 6:19 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Just bumping.
Keep davening. No tefilla is wasted even if we don't see results as soon as we want.
I'm davening for smokey, everyone in this situation, and for yeshuos and bracha for everyone reading this.

Just a word of encouragement. We’ve been in the market searching for a house for 2 years. Prices have gone up by 1-200 k in that area by the time we finally signed contract on our house this winter. I was so upset about it since we’re tight financially and didn’t get anything more for so much more money. But looking back, every singe house that we wanted but fell through was the best thing that happened to us! One place the crowd is totally not for us, a different place has different cons etc. so even if at the time it looks bad, I hope in the end you get to see the good in all of it!

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, Aug 08 2021, 6:32 pm
I'm so sad. I know everything is for the best but we literally almost got the "perfect" house. The bidding war was crazy but the agent told us a few hours before the sellers were going to accept the best offer that we had the highest bid- 60K over asking price (!!!)- I was so excited and I was already dreaming of setting up the house when I kid you not, at the LAST second our agent called us and asked if we have any more money we can offer because someone just offered them 25K more than us. Crying
Enjoy the house, whoever you are

amother
DarkViolet

Post Sun, Aug 08 2021, 6:33 pm
my parents recently passed away 2 years
one home has a ripped out kirchen and bathrooms we got a contract I hope it goes thru with the inspection not showing mold
another older home has a man who used to cut my parents grass and lives in the home rent free since my parents passsing we try so hard to evict himm I pay his water and elcetricity bill he wont leave I need to ell the hosue asap I just payed 5 grand in inheritance tax

mom2mysouls

Post Sun, Aug 08 2021, 6:39 pm
Me. Dying to move.
Almost marrying off, and never owned my own place. I wish I can find something under 500k...I'm not picky with location, size, etc. but I do need min 4 bdrms and it has to be a single family house. I hope a miracle will happen.

amother
Violet

Post Sun, Aug 08 2021, 6:44 pm
Someone is raffling off their house in Lakewood. I don't know the details. Perhaps someone here knows more. I think every person has to give $1000. If they get enough money then they'll choose a winner. If not enough money then they return everything

amother
RosePink

Post Sun, Aug 08 2021, 7:11 pm
mom2mysouls wrote:
Me. Dying to move.
Almost marrying off, and never owned my own place. I wish I can find something under 500k...I'm not picky with location, size, etc. but I do need min 4 bdrms and it has to be a single family house. I hope a miracle will happen.

When you say not picky with location, does that mean you would do outside Brooklyn and Lakewood?

amother
Calendula

Post Sun, Aug 08 2021, 7:15 pm
mom2mysouls wrote:
Me. Dying to move.

where are you looking?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 08 2021, 7:48 pm
Amother salmon and mom2mySouls, are you our next pair?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 08 2021, 7:49 pm
Amother dark violet, thinking good thoughts. Sorry for your losses. That's intense.

amother
Poinsettia

Post Sun, Aug 08 2021, 7:52 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I would love to move now. We've been preapproved but don't hear of anything in time, or can't compete in the bidding wars. I know I'm not alone. I'm starting this thread so we can pair up and daven for each other. Who wants to claim me? Then we'll go on to the next pair.

I’m in.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 08 2021, 7:56 pm
amother [ Poinsettia ] wrote:
I’m in.

Poinsetta, I bet you get someone within 24 hours. If not, we'll take care of you.

amother
Snow

Post Sun, Aug 08 2021, 7:58 pm
Looking for an apartment for my daughter can I join?

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Aug 08 2021, 8:00 pm
amother [ Snow ] wrote:
Looking for an apartment for my daughter can I join?

Absolutely. Good night!
ETA: Sorry OP. Didn't mean to step on any toes. embarrassed

Last edited by PinkFridge on Mon, Aug 09 2021, 6:47 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Aug 08 2021, 9:51 pm
I am in the same boat! Stuffing my growing family and possessions into a cramped basement apartment and we are desperate to get out! I would love to join and can't wait to hear everyone's good news!

amother
Pansy

Post Sun, Aug 08 2021, 10:27 pm
Can I join please?

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Aug 09 2021, 4:41 am
I'm in!
Desperate situation.
No privacy in this small apartment with kallah under my feet.
Bh for camp..but it's almost over.
With the help of Hashem I should find a spacious living space for my family that will be a home of simcha and minucha for all of us

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 09 2021, 7:04 am
PinkFridge wrote:
Absolutely. Good night!
ETA: Sorry OP. Didn't mean to step on any toes. embarrassed

No worries!
Next pairs are poinsettia and yellow. And pansy and mint.
I don't really know what the rules should be. Snow and dark violet, I wish you yeshuos. Maybe we can all daven for you. I don't know if everyone's happy or sticking with the shidduchim I'm making. I think that if it's not the same exact need, that maybe you should make your own shidduchim. I want everyone to be happy with their matches. Maybe someone can reach out or you can claim each other. But like I said, you're not alone. We're all here for you.

mom2mysouls

Post Mon, Aug 09 2021, 7:04 am
amother [ RosePink ] wrote:
When you say not picky with location, does that mean you would do outside Brooklyn and Lakewood?

I'm in Monsey. Would consider anywhere around, (new city, new hempstead, montebello, pearl river, chestnut ridge, hillcrest, etc) but obviously not start anew somewhere far with my kids that are settled here...if it was just me, I'd go to Texas or Wyoming or anywhere else...

mom2mysouls

Post Mon, Aug 09 2021, 7:07 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Amother salmon and mom2mySouls, are you our next pair?

How does this work? I daven for Amother salmon and have her mind?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 09 2021, 7:16 am
mom2mysouls wrote:
How does this work? I daven for Amother salmon and have her mind?

The way these daven for me plans work is that each pair is given a name of someone in a similar situation to daven for.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating