Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
I need dresses for sisters of bar mitzvah boy

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 9:20 pm
Sizes 3, 7, 8-10. Inspire me with something that might be appropriate for early October?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 6:28 am
No one?

thanks

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 6:53 am
What's your budget? Is the affair in the evening and very dressy, or regular shabbos? Do you live in town or out of town?

Answering these questions might help us make suggestions.

I would shop at kidichic to find a matching dress in those sizes.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 6:55 am
Evening, in town, dressy
I’d like to stay around $100/dress, but if it is stunning and more than that, I’ll go with the stunning option.

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 7:47 am
Most of the stores are only just beginning to bring in the fall clothes. I’d wait a few weeks and see. Not sure where you’re located but in Lakewood I recommend Little Women Too or Ladida (but will probably be more than $100).

amother
Broom

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 8:02 am
Personally I’d coordinate colors. I think a 10 year old matching a 3 year old is silly ..

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 9:06 am
amother [ Broom ] wrote:
Personally I’d coordinate colors. I think a 10 year old matching a 3 year old is silly ..

She agrees with you. Lol.

amother
Broom

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 9:43 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
She agrees with you. Lol.

I live in Lakewood too. Little woman or juvenile also has a Simcha line ..

mamaleh

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 9:57 am
Some of the Burlingtons bring in beautiful dresses, especially for the littler ones (they used to have a few sets of coordinating from newborn to size 16, but they seem to have less in the bigger sizes these days). They’ll be around $25-30 (but might need shells or sweaters). They might also have for your older one, just not necessarily matching.

If you are in/near Lakewood, just letting you know that the new one in brick seemed to have more of this type of stuff than the one in Howell.

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 9:57 am
amother [ Broom ] wrote:

Agree 100000% (and I dress my kids “in towny”)

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 9:58 am
Try luibelle. The fall stuff are just starting to come in.

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 10:01 am
mamaleh wrote:
Some of the Burlingtons bring in beautiful dresses, especially for the littler ones (they used to have a few sets of coordinating from newborn to size 16, but they seem to have less in the bigger sizes these days). They’ll be around $25-30 (but might need shells or sweaters). They might also have for your older one, just not necessarily matching.

If you are in/near Lakewood, just letting you know that the new one in brick seemed to have more of this type of stuff than the one in Howell.

I got my girls gowns for my sons bar mitzvah from Burlington. They ended up not wearing them, because of covid….

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 10:06 am
mamaleh wrote:

My kids are tall, and finding dresses that cover their knees are a problem for me. I’m not against Burlington, per se, but likely won’t find anything there.

Also I have no need to match my kids. Just all 3 of them need dresses.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 10:06 am
amother [ Broom ] wrote:
I live in Lakewood too. Little woman or juvenile also has a Simcha line ..

Juvenile Planet?

mamaleh

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 10:14 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My kids are tall, and finding dresses that cover their knees are a problem for me. I’m not against Burlington, per se, but likely won’t find anything there.

Also I have no need to match my kids. Just all 3 of them need dresses.

My girls are also tall. When they were those ages, the Burlington stuff was great- their fancy little girl dresses (think Easter/flower girl/x-mas) are very long. Also, the way they are cut (sleeveless, straight bodice), it was easy to size up for some extra length-even on skinny kids.

I was just there yesterday with my 14 yo. They had a number of beautiful dresses that were very much long enough (juniors/ladies)

amother
Broom

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 10:19 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Juvenile Planet?

Yep

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 10:33 am
Kidichic usually has 2-3 styles of simchawear each season. I would wait for that to come in.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics