Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Card for child of divorced parents

happy chick

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 9:54 am
How would you write that a child should give nachas to his parents when they're divorced? Do you write "your parents should have much nachas from you?" "Your mother and father should have much nachas?". Any other ideas?

runninglate

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 9:56 am
Same as any other child

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 10:05 am
Whether married or divorced, the parents are still the parents. I don’t see why it would be any different if they are married or if they are not.

lkwdlady

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 10:07 am
You should bring nachas to your family

Chayalle

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 10:51 am
I would think a child of divorced parents does not need this pointed out to him/her at every stage in their life. They feel different enough. Why make distinctions where it's not necessary.

cnc

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 11:49 am
Same as everyone else
May you bring much nachas to your family etc

happy chick

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 12:14 pm
Thank you, all. My point was NOT to point it out, but I wanted to write in a way that wouldn't c"v hurt the child.
Writing your family sounds very good. Thanks to all who suggested that.

amother
Blueberry

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 12:19 pm
I understand the question. It's a matter of sensitivity and not wanting a gift to bring up negative feelings because of the wording in the card.

Unfortunately, I lost a sibling last year. Us remaining siblings have struggled with sending gifts to our parents and wondering how to sign the card. Do we write "From all of us" and have our parents think that's no longer the case? Or is it better to sign our names individually but then there's a glaring omission? It's not so simple.

amother
Blushpink

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 12:31 pm
amother [ Blueberry ] wrote:
I understand the question. It's a matter of sensitivity and not wanting a gift to bring up negative feelings because of the wording in the card.

Unfortunately, I lost a sibling last year. Us remaining siblings have struggled with sending gifts to our parents and wondering how to sign the card. Do we write "From all of us" and have our parents think that's no longer the case? Or is it better to sign our names individually but then there's a glaring omission? It's not so simple.

When we were in that situation we signed
"from your children" until my sister in law remarried. Now we sign our names with her and her husbands name listed.

essie14

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 12:35 pm
amother [ Blushpink ] wrote:
When we were in that situation we signed
"from your children" until my sister in law remarried. Now we sign our names with her and her husbands name listed.

♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics