Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
How often do you go grocery shopping?
1  2  Next

How often do you buy groceries?
3 or more times per week  
 32%  [ 64 ]
2 times per week  
 34%  [ 67 ]
Once a week  
 28%  [ 56 ]
Once every week and a half  
 2%  [ 5 ]
Once every 2 weeks  
 1%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 194

wife2

Post Fri, Jul 23 2021, 6:56 pm
How often? How big is your family?

BrisketBoss

Post Fri, Jul 23 2021, 7:06 pm
Two adults and two little ones

Twice a week. It makes me feel better that it's already the most popular poll option. I was talking to someone on the phone who was surprised I go more than once.

happinessseeker

Post Fri, Jul 23 2021, 7:10 pm
Twice a week. On Monday to shop for the week and again on Thursday for shabbos.

BatyaEsther

Post Fri, Jul 23 2021, 7:11 pm
There are weeks I go 3 or even 4 times and consecutive weeks I don’t go at all.
TBH, I could easily go a month without going to a store if I am fine eating up the frozen and canned ones-but I do prefer fresh.

SYA

Post Fri, Jul 23 2021, 7:51 pm
Thursday is my Shabbos/weekly order.
Sunday is fresh bread and rolls.
I go once or twice to get fresh milk...

shabbatiscoming

Post Sat, Jul 24 2021, 4:33 pm
Once a week and then if we run out of veggies or milk etc we drop into the makolet.

#Happymom

Post Sat, Jul 24 2021, 5:44 pm
2 adults, 2 toddlers

I go once a week on Sun/mon. Occasionally if later on in the week I realise I've forgotten something then I'll go out again

Tzutzie

Post Sat, Jul 24 2021, 9:56 pm
Main weekly order on Wednesday.
Forgotten last minute things for shabbos on Friday.

Sometimes I'll get some fresh fruits amd veggies on sun/mon too. But I do App orders. My local supermarket is awesome! I haven't stepped into a grocery since before covid.

We also have specialty items that they don't sell that we get at shoprite/target/Walmart for one of our kids. (GF/DF) So we go there once every few weeks.

tweety1

Post Sat, Jul 24 2021, 10:38 pm
I really try very hard to make my menu on motzei shabbos/sunday morning and then do my shopping Sunday night or latest Monday morning. Usually I end up having to go again for one or two things during the week. I never used to be this way. Since I got I to the habit of doing it I love it so much more. I feel more organized, and I do t have to worry every day "what am I making today". Butcher I usually buy the day of or for the next day. I either call in or text. Comes within the hr the same is if I make fish.

hodeez

Post Sat, Jul 24 2021, 11:17 pm
Family of 7, weekly shopping on Thursdays, or Friday morning if we want to make an adventure of it with the kids.

Ema of 5

Post Sat, Jul 24 2021, 11:24 pm
wife2 wrote:
How often? How big is your family?

We are a family of 6. I do one grocery shopping, one fruits and vegetables shopping, one meat shopping (all 3 different stores, usually 3 different days) and my husband goes shopping on Friday for the things we need fresh for shabbos and anything that’s missing.

lucky14

Post Sun, Jul 25 2021, 1:12 am
I used to go almost every day but when the pandemic happened I started doing once a week grocery orders and now I've gotten good at planning ahead and doing it all in one order for the week. It's so much better this way!

dankbar

Post Sun, Jul 25 2021, 1:48 am
I try to do once a week on Wednesday or Thursday main shabbos/weekly order. If anything is missing, during week, I try to do without, or my husband runs to closest grocery to get it.

Sometimes I will do beg of week in one supermarket & end week by other supermarket, but then I end up spending double.
I usually scan sales items first, and try to build my menu around those items, in my head I try to calculate supper menus for the week, while I am at grocery, to make sure everything is covered. I also try to run thru Shabbos courses in my head, while shopping.

ora_43

Post Sun, Jul 25 2021, 2:55 am
I do a big grocery trip once every 2 weeks.

The kids or I end up at the grocery store 3-4 times a week to get fruit, vegetables, milk, eggs, or bread.

Dh goes on Friday to get whatever we need for Shabbat.

In an ideal world the once-in-2-weeks shop would be enough. But it's easier this way. We don't have enough space for all the produce and milk we'd need for 2 whole weeks. And the store is a short walk away.

s1

Post Sun, Jul 25 2021, 6:08 am
Hands up for the disorganised amongst us!
I get a weekly supermarket delivery, go to the kosher store and butcher usually at least twice a week, and send my kids/husband to pick up a few bits I’ve run out of another once or twice a week. Plus we have neighbours to borrow from ... 😂

dankbar

Post Sun, Jul 25 2021, 8:55 am
The response should really be- officially once a week, unofficially couple of times a week.

imanotmommy

Post Sun, Jul 25 2021, 9:21 am
With 2 little kids, I think I would go shopping once every week or two based on our food needs. However, I don't shop based on that. I usually go for 2 reasons-if that store has a sale on something I want, or if I need someplace to go with the kids for a short time to keep us busy. So it can be almost every day some weeks, and some weeks not at all.

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Jul 25 2021, 12:21 pm
The grocery store I use for my regular groceries has an app, so I can add things to my cart as I see or remember we need them, so it really minimizes the number of times I need to make an order.

small bean

Post Sun, Jul 25 2021, 12:23 pm
I go almost everyday.

In the summer, less because we eat less. I go every time we run out of ice cream and for shabbos.

Teomima

Post Sun, Jul 25 2021, 1:30 pm
6 people and I alternate between small grocery errands every day and larger online grocery hauls every other week. It depends on what's more vital at the time, finances or convenience. Overall it turns out to be close to the same amount but with the larger online orders I avoid impulse purchases so that keeps the bills down a bit.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics