Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Fifth Disease

NumberOneMommy

Post Sun, Mar 30 2008, 3:24 pm
My 2 1/2 year old has fifth disease, He is red from head to toe. He had this rash for a week already and it just keeps getting worse. My doctor sent him for a blood test to confirm the diagnosis.
Does anyone have experiance with this? Does it usually last over a week. The doctor sent a note to school to say that he is not contagious anymore.
Does the rash bother him? His body is so hot from the rash I feel really bad for him.[/b]

amother

Post Sun, Mar 30 2008, 3:34 pm
NumberOneMommy wrote:
The doctor sent a note to school to say that he is not contagious anymore.

Did a double-take with that one. He's how old?!

NumberOneMommy

Post Sun, Mar 30 2008, 3:48 pm
He is 2 years and 9 months, He is in Otzar a special ed school. They needed me to send a note so he could go back to school.
Sorry for the confusion.

amother

Post Sun, Mar 30 2008, 4:09 pm
my son had that last pesach, he had such high fever for a day, and then a few days later broke out in a rash. The doctor told me once the rash is out the disease is over and not catchy. There is nothing to do about it.

Shif

Post Sun, Mar 30 2008, 5:07 pm
my dd just had this, she has very sensitive skin, so her skin took a real beating from it all. She had a few weeks ago, and her skin is still very dry and broken out in places. Our dr. said to use lots of lotion, aquaphor, etc.. 2xs a day. Dr said that anytime they get a virus w/a skin rash that we should always moisturize tons b/c it dries out the skin...and I guess moreso for us b/c she already has eczema.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics