Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
What’s the point of high school (girls)
  Previous  1  2  3 8 9  10  11  Next

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 1:23 pm
Chayale, you are always the voice of sanity here
At what point do the schools say
You can move or try PS
When there are 100 in a class??

Lady A

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 1:51 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
NO WE NEED MORE COMMUNITIES
I JUST CAME BACK FROM VACATION FOR PETE SAKE
IN PENNSYLVANIA , JUST A FEW HOURS AWAY, THERE IS HUNDREDS OF MILES OF UNTOUCHED LAND...

I live in Pennsylvania.
Please bring plans to open new schools if you move here. In the Philadelphia area, our schools are filling up.. Moving here is great, but for any kind of expansion, you need to have real plans for development. FYI, even our public schools are experiencing this issue.

amother
Melon

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 2:02 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
Chayale, you are always the voice of sanity here
At what point do the schools say
You can move or try PS
When there are 100 in a class??

There will never be 100 in a class. That’s ridiculous. I know girls not in school they won’t move, go to school out of town, or go to public schools. They will wait for Lakewood frum high schools. They only want bais Yaakov, aderes, Bais kaila, Oros, Bais shaindel, chedvas, shiras devora, Meiras. The schools will open another class, squeeze a few more in each class, or another school will open. That’s only option for the yeshivish girls I know.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 2:43 pm
amother [ Melon ] wrote:
There will never be 100 in a class. That’s ridiculous. I know girls not in school they won’t move, go to school out of town, or go to public schools. They will wait for Lakewood frum high schools. They only want bais Yaakov, aderes, Bais kaila, Oros, Bais shaindel, chedvas, shiras devora, Meiras. The schools will open another class, squeeze a few more in each class, or another school will open. That’s only option for the yeshivish girls I know.

You left out Meon.
And that's why we need more schools. B"H for Meiras, right. We need more. So that we don't end up with 100 in a class. Or 50.

Crookshanks

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 3:13 pm
Chayalle wrote:
You left out Meon.
And that's why we need more schools. B"H for Meiras, right. We need more. So that we don't end up with 100 in a class. Or 50.

There's only 9 regular schools? Is this list missing any?

keym

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 3:26 pm
Crookshanks wrote:
There's only 9 regular schools? Is this list missing any?

Bais Yaakov
Bais Shaindel
Oros
Aderes
Meohn
Bais Kaila
Shiras Devorah
Chedvas
Meiras
Bnos Bais Yaakov
Bnos Leah (partial yeshivish/Heimish)

Crookshanks

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 3:58 pm
keym wrote:
Bais Yaakov
Bais Shaindel
Oros
Aderes
Meohn
Bais Kaila
Shiras Devorah
Chedvas
Meiras
Bnos Bais Yaakov
Bnos Leah (partial yeshivish/Heimish)

Bnos Bais Yaakov was missing. I don't count Bais Leah in this list as the girls come from their feeder school. I don't think any yeshivish girls go there.

keym

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 4:07 pm
Crookshanks wrote:
Bnos Bais Yaakov was missing. I don't count Bais Leah in this list as the girls come from their feeder school. I don't think any yeshivish girls go there.

I count it.
Because I know a handful of "Heimish family" girls in Bais Faiga, Bnos Yaakov, and Bais Tova who end up sending there.

Also, they are included in the group testing and application thing.
Girls will apply to Shiras Devorah, Bais Leah, and Bais Shaindel from Bnos Hadassah, Tiferes Chaya, and Bnos Penina.

Crookshanks

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 5:04 pm
keym wrote:
I count it.
Because I know a handful of "Heimish family" girls in Bais Faiga, Bnos Yaakov, and Bais Tova who end up sending there.

Also, they are included in the group testing and application thing.
Girls will apply to Shiras Devorah, Bais Leah, and Bais Shaindel from Bnos Hadassah, Tiferes Chaya, and Bnos Penina.

Interesting! I didn't realize it was an option for anyone out of Bais Rochel.

small bean

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 5:20 pm
Bais kaila still has less than 30 girls in a class. All part of the politics.

amother
Melon

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 5:38 pm
Chayalle wrote:
You left out Meon.

Oops forgot meon and bnos bais Yaakov

barbara1

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 12:08 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My DD is still not in a high School, don’t tell me it’s a numbers game that's why she is not in anywhere. If that is the case why did “Leah Fried” get in when non of her parents are from Lakewood and have nothing to do with the school, when this is the school I and my sister, not to mention my cousins and their kids went there. Why don’t they want my Daughter? Why can’t they give me a reason why they don’t want my DD?

Now I understand why high schools would have their big fundraiser before acceptance season. So people would send nice checks in hope of getting their DD in school. Afterwords the school would just get letters saying that we have no Hakours H’atov you did not take our kid.

I am starting to wonder why I am fighting to pay a few 1,000’s a year plus all the miscellaneous expenses that come along with having a girl in High School. I am sure I learned something in high school, now if I can remember what it was that would be nice. I don’t keep up with anyone from high school so it is not like I got friends for life.
So what is the point of high school?

I agree 100% hight school is way overrated when any smart girl can get a ged education online in 2 months,secondly according to Rabbi Russell the foremost expert in chinuch in the frum world over 60% of our girls and boys are struggling in our elite system that just caters to the elite 10%.

amother
Dimgray

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 1:28 am
What high schools do the bnos penina girls apply to ?

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Jun 26 2022, 8:44 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
Sadly this isn't a Lakewood specific issue and it isn't limited to HS. My daughter can't get into ANY schools near where we moved and we've been trying for 8 months. I literally begged everyone and everywhere. It was painful, humiliating and hurt my whole family. We still don't have a school for her for 8th grade so she's doing homeschooling. The only school that said yes has girls in 7th grade that use the morning after pill. I can't let my daughter go into such an environment. We even tried a 30 minute away drive to another state. Nada. Big rabbis tried to help. Went nowhere. We pulled every string. And this move, BTW, wasn't our choice. I'm very sick and we're moving in with my MIL. It's been horrible. I no longer care that my daughter will learn at home next year. Honestly, she's better off than attending any of the schools that thoughtlessly told us no. If we can't get her into a high school because of this, then maybe frumkeit isn't for us.

maybe try to apply to out of state Chabad high schools with dormitory?
my friend did this and it actually led to her daughter's bashert.

mitzva

Post Sun, Jun 26 2022, 8:55 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:
But that's just a bandaid. There has never been enough room for all our girls - I'm living here over 20 years and it's always been this way as far back as I can remember. And instead of squishing 30+ girls into a classroom, they're now squishing 50+.

What is the problem? Is it money? Is it that women don't want to open schools? What is it?

People open boys yeshivas because it is a "pride"
there is no "pride" in it for anyone running a girl's school.
(Actually, Reb Ben Tzion Abba Shaul said that it is halacha to stand up for a Kodesh teacher because she brings girls to Chaya Olam Haba"...but that's for another discussion.)

Maybe there should be an expectation that every elementary has a high school; just like in the chasidisa kehillas.

barbara1

Post Sun, Jun 26 2022, 9:12 pm
Any Chabad girls high schools next to lakewood or boro park?

boat

Post Sun, Jun 26 2022, 9:33 pm
Psa this thread is from last year

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Jun 26 2022, 9:42 pm
if your thinking next to boropark, why not try Crown Heights?
I think there is some kind of transportation from Crown to BP late afternoon hours.

Moonlight

Post Sun, Jun 26 2022, 10:30 pm
boat wrote:
Psa this thread is from last year

So what happened to OP-'s daughter?

amother
Midnight

Post Sun, Jun 26 2022, 10:39 pm
Lady A wrote:
I live in Pennsylvania.
Please bring plans to open new schools if you move here. In the Philadelphia area, our schools are filling up.. Moving here is great, but for any kind of expansion, you need to have real plans for development. FYI, even our public schools are experiencing this issue.

This is the best part of the whole thread.
You told the poster not to move to philly without a plan to open a new school.
Not one person jumped down your throat saying “how dare you- I will move to philly and I demand you accept my child”
But when all the Lakewood posters say not to come without a school, they get attacked for their lack of acceptance
Page 9 of 11   Previous  1  2  3 8 9  10  11  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries