Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
How to help my ocd child
Previous  1  2

amother
Gardenia

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 2:41 pm
Another vote for Zoloft!

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 3:27 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
He has suffered so many years especially since he’s a sweetheart of a child and keeps it in, no one knows what he’s been dealing with. With therapy he got significantly better. There are times where it flares. Either his anxiety or his ocd. We did antibiotics at age of 11/12 for over a year, maybe we saw some positive but it wasn’t a Refuah for him. I kept trying not to do the Zoloft , and even dr said give the antibiotics time ..... there are times when he’s told me that his childhood was lost or when he feels depressed but then there are times he seems good .... I feel terrible
You can absolutely do medication as a stop gap measure but I personally would still pursue immunomodulatory treatment. There are also supplements that are known as nature’s anti anxiety meds, like l theanine, Gaba, 5htp, inositol, methylated b vitamins, glutathione/NAC, they work on the same neurotransmitters as common anti depressants and anti anxiety meds.

sari00

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 4:37 pm
CBT and DBT Therapy and sometimes short term medications are needed for the therapy to work... lots of luck finding a good psychiatrist and therapist super important:)

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 4:55 pm
Medication until the therapy kicks in
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)