Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
How many hours a week do you work?
Previous  1  2

How many hours do you work?
 14%  [ 32 ]
35-39  
 13%  [ 30 ]
30-34  
 17%  [ 39 ]
25-29  
 14%  [ 32 ]
20-24  
 14%  [ 32 ]
Less than 20  
 20%  [ 46 ]
More than 40  
 7%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 227

amother
Anemone

Post Mon, Jul 26 2021, 11:52 pm
How do you all manage working so many hours? I work fewer than ten and barely have my act together, taking care of the kids etc.

Frumwithallergies

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 1:02 am
50-90, depending on the week.

Crookshanks

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 1:19 am
Frumwithallergies wrote:
50-90, depending on the week.

What do you do??

amother
Hunter

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 2:42 am
amother [ White ] wrote:
I work full time in a public school which is considered 37.5 hours not 40 🤷‍♀️

lucky you, I work in public school so many more hrs ....I work arnd 50 to 60 hrs a week

besides for the actual 37.5 hours in the school building with my students, I also spend after hours each day and motzei shabbos/sun working by prepping/grading/parent contact and data entry....my bosses take advantage of my coworkers and I..they expect differentiation for studsnts/constant parent contact/detailed plans etc...they are always changing our curriculum to use diff. tech/textbooks etc making us work more hrs to prep all over again....im dreading all the extra prep etc in sept....now im off for the summer but its like I worked each summer day bec of the hrs I put in during the schl yr

SuperWify

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 5:17 am
Wow, I don’t understand how frum moms can work so many hours. Kol hakavod.

amother
Oldlace

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 5:48 am
I am not working now but there is no option for that.
I did work for 25 years though.
When I worked it was anywhere between 17-35 hours a week. (Depending on where I was employed)
Circumstances had it that I was unexpectedly able to stop working temporarily. The temporary status lasted a lot longer than I expected. It will be very hard to go back.
Amazing that so many people work long hours and don’t seem resentful.

amother
Clematis

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 6:02 am
I have one full time job - around 36 hours and then I work 2 part time jobs where I am my own "boss" like Amazon, Ebay and I also freelance for another company. I enjoy working and we need the income so I do what I can. It's not easy as I don't have cleaning help but we all pitch in and do the best we can. Kids are older so it's a little easier.

SuperWify

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 6:11 am
[quote="amother [ Oldlace ]Amazing that so many people work long hours and don’t seem resentful.[/quote]

This. I’m very impressed.

Growing up, my mom always worked from home. A lot of her friends worked very part time or didn’t work at all. My MIL stopped working when she had her oldest and hasn’t worked since.

My friends that work (20,30s with little kids), work until 2 or 3. 4 max and that’s considered full time.

SuperWify

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 6:15 am
amother [ Clematis ] wrote:
I have one full time job - around 36 hours and then I work 2 part time jobs where I am my own "boss" like Amazon, Ebay and I also freelance for another company. I enjoy working and we need the income so I do what I can. It's not easy as I don't have cleaning help but we all pitch in and do the best we can. Kids are older so it's a little easier.

Wow. That’s amazing. When do you have time for other stuff?

I work from home doing two small business part time (selling online type). I do have a baby with me but I have no time for anything else.

nicole81

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 6:17 am
amother [ Anemone ] wrote:
How do you all manage working so many hours? I work fewer than ten and barely have my act together, taking care of the kids etc.

Who said we had our acts together? LOL LOL

My husband does a ton and I have to bite my tongue a lot lol and buy things like robotic mops and vacuums. And my life is basically comprised solely of home and work, and since I'm an introvert, I love it.

amother
Clematis

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 6:57 am
SuperWify wrote:

I work from home doing two small business part time (selling online type). I do have a baby with me but I have no time for anything else.

Wait till your baby or kids are older it gets easier, I used to work full time when my kids were younger and it was a lot of juggling, paying for a baby sitter, making dinners in the crock pot etc. since I had a baby sitter she also cleaned so my house was much neater and cleaner now kids are older, can't afford cleaning help due to tuition and life expenses so we do what we can. I make time for fun and try to enjoy life as much as I can around the schedules. I get up early and sell things online on Sunday early morning. I do my freelance job about twice a week for a few hours.

amother
Acacia

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 7:11 am
I work 36-40. My youngest is 11. That's how. DH works 50.

amother
Steelblue

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 7:37 am
The poll is interesting because it lumps people like me who work 15 hours a week with people who don't work at all. I know I don't work a lot of hours but I still feel like I work during what could be the quiet hours of the day and it's hard. Plus many weeks I work more bc I'm making up time for Yuntif.

amother
Oldlace

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 7:41 am
SuperWify wrote:

Off topic- but you have a baby? Maybe I’m confusing you with someone else… I thought you only had a 4? yr old ..

amother
White

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 12:25 pm
amother [ Hunter ] wrote:
lucky you, I work in public school so many more hrs ....I work arnd 50 to 60 hrs a week

besides for the actual 37.5 hours in the school building with my students, I also spend after hours each day and motzei shabbos/sun working by prepping/grading/parent contact and data entry....my bosses take advantage of my coworkers and I..they expect differentiation for studsnts/constant parent contact/detailed plans etc...they are always changing our curriculum to use diff. tech/textbooks etc making us work more hrs to prep all over again....im dreading all the extra prep etc in sept....now im off for the summer but its like I worked each summer day bec of the hrs I put in during the schl yr

Wow that sounds hard. Bh I’m a school counselor so I don’t really bring work home with me. I do work 12 months so I don’t have summers off but I like that because then I get paid an extra 2 months plus I get 26 vacation days (and 13 sick) which I wouldn’t get if I was a 10 month employee.

Crookshanks

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 12:30 pm
amother [ White ] wrote:
Wow that sounds hard. Bh I’m a school counselor so I don’t really bring work home with me. I do work 12 months so I don’t have summers off but I like that because then I get paid an extra 2 months plus I get 26 vacation days (and 13 sick) which I wouldn’t get if I was a 10 month employee.

That's a really nice job! What qualifications did you need to be a school counselor? Is it just a master's in psychology?

Mommy1:)

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 12:46 pm
my full time job is officially 40 hours per week, but it's a bit more (especially in the spring and summer). I also work part time at night, an additional 4-16 hours per week.

amother
White

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 12:46 pm
Crookshanks wrote:
That's a really nice job! What qualifications did you need to be a school counselor? Is it just a master's in psychology?

Masters in school counseling 😊

bruriyah

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 12:55 pm
Currently 60-80 I’m a resident. Some months will be about 40-50.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics