Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Request a specific teacher?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 26 2021, 2:36 pm
A bit of background:
- my daughter is switching to a new school this year. She does know quite a few girls from camp, so I'm not worried about that. There are 4 parallel classes of her grade in school though.
- I was diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder awhile back, and my daughter also displays some anxious tendencies. We are both getting help BH.
- I am expecting, so DD will be a big sister come the middle of the year IYH- another big adjustment

Now for my question. 4 parallel classes. I know 4 of the teachers. Two of them are more quiet, reserved, serious. That's not bad at all, just a personality type. The other two, are much more positive, energetic, happy vibes kinda morahs. I'd really prefer my daughter to have one of them, I really think it would be great for her to see how positive and energetic adults can be. And I think it'll be a great boost for her own feelings. Do you think that's an appropriate reason to request specific teachers?

RevitalizedMom

Post Mon, Jul 26 2021, 2:39 pm
Im sure you can put in a request, but a lot goes into how they choose which class goes with which teacher, so just don’t expect it to for sure happen.

amother
Lime

Post Mon, Jul 26 2021, 2:41 pm
I have had better experience explaining the child's needs and then asking the school which teacher they think is best. You don't want to push a specific teacher; what if it doesn't work? Just my 2 cents...

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 26 2021, 2:43 pm
LeeR wrote:
Im sure you can put in a request, but a lot goes into how they choose which class goes with which teacher, so just don’t expect it to for sure happen.

Right, I definitely don't expect it. I'm sure they get a lot of requests. Also, very well could be they've finalized the lists already. But I guess I'll put in the request and see what happens. I'm not the kinda parent that will be nitpicking about everything. But they don't know that yet. I wanna start off making a good impression, but this is something pretty important to me.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 26 2021, 2:48 pm
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
I have had better experience explaining the child's needs and then asking the school which teacher they think is best. You don't want to push a specific teacher; what if it doesn't work? Just my 2 cents...

That is an interesting thought! Maybe in my email I'll frame it as a question, so they can decide what's most appropriate. Thank you for suggesting this!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics