Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Toilet training

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 26 2021, 3:46 pm
About a year ago, my toddler decided to start toilet train herself. It was rosh hashana time and she was 20 months and I thought she was too young. We tried on and off.
Around shavous time we tried to toilet train again. She had no issues with number 1. But with number 2 constant accidents.

On shavous she made a number 2 in the toilet. Accidentally. And freaked out. And didn't make again.

I sent her to gan with underwear and she kept having #2 accidents and after 2 weeks of accidents the teacher told us she is banned from underwear under she knows how to use the toilet properly.
Since then. She's been back in diapers and barely and to go to the toilet. Except when we were out and the toilets were gross and she wanted to go

It's now holidays and I want to try again.
Last Friday I decided to try. I cleaned 3 poos and 1 wee from Friday until Motzei Shabbos.
Aka 3 Shabbos cold showers. I wear very chilled about it. As chilled as one can possibly be when there is poo everywhere and it's Shabbos

Then on Sunday morning. She refused to wear underwear and pooed in her diaper and it leaked on my bed.

I haven't tried again since.

She sometimes tells us she needs to make a number 2

Sometimes refuses to tell us.
Scared to try on the toilet.
I try to be chilled.
She knows what prices and treats she'll get for managing.

I kind of want to succeed before school starts again. BC she's 2.5 years already. And if school starts then I can't train her. And then it will be winter and she'll be 3. Much harder to train in winter.
She needs to be trained before September 2022.

I don't want to rush her. But I would prefer to do it when I'm home quite a bit and she doesn't have school and it's summer

Any advice?

She's my first and only child.

Window

Post Mon, Jul 26 2021, 4:10 pm
Wait until next summer. 2.5 is young. It’ll be much easier when she’s older and more ready

amother
Daffodil

Post Mon, Jul 26 2021, 4:13 pm
Wait till she’s ready it will be much easier

bsy

Post Mon, Jul 26 2021, 4:47 pm
Wait. Either shell train herself during the school year. or you will try next summer.

amother
Strawberry

Post Mon, Jul 26 2021, 8:37 pm
I had one who was scared to go #2 in the toilet. At one point when he was first trained he would go #1 in the toilet and ask for a diaper for #2. After a short while he overcame his fear and outgrew it. To me it's still preferable over going completely back to diapers because you upkeep the awareness and control

ggdm

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 1:37 pm
The ganenet in my child's gan says it is very common that children wear diapers for #2 longer. If your child is fairly regular, you can put a diaper at the time you expect her to make it and go without for the rest. Also, she sayd that sometimes there is a specific fear that you can address if you find out WHY she doesn't want to. But you can of course also just wait...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training