Home

DD6 started talking back

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

hodeez

Post Mon, Jul 26 2021, 6:50 pm
Not sure if she's just tired from a full day of camp or if maybe she has friends that talk like this? I'm not sure how to navigate. She has been saying mean things to her siblings that she knows she shouldn't be saying. She has also been negating most everything my husband and I say, even if what she's saying is nonsense (I.e "no, actually the sky is green").

I understand this is probably a developmental milestones, but it's annoying as anything.
Would love to hear how others handle similar behavior.

amother

Almond

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 7:34 am
1. Most effective way to stop negative behavior is to ignore it. You can ignore her when she is just negating or being contrary.
2. Reward for positive behavior - every time she says something nice to her siblings she can get a quarter or a small treat. It will work like magic.
3. Try to find out if someone is bothering her at camp, could even be a counselor who's causing this.
Good Luck!

hodeez

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 7:48 am
amother [ Almond ] wrote:
1. Most effective way to stop negative behavior is to ignore it. You can ignore her when she is just negating or being contrary.
2. Reward for positive behavior - every time she says something nice to her siblings she can get a quarter or a small treat. It will work like magic.
3. Try to find out if someone is bothering her at camp, could even be a counselor who's causing this.
Good Luck!

I super appreciate your response thank you
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h