Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Anyone else pro-mask, but afraid of vaccine?
1  2  3  Next

Bluepink

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 4:11 am
It seems so polarized here and in real life. You’re liberal, mask, and vaccinate. You’re conservative, think COVID is a conspiracy, and don’t mask or vax.

Can I be in the middle?

I’m a nurse, I know COVID is real and deadly. I mask all the time. I know COVID can kill me, but it prob won’t. Firstly, because it didn’t last year when I got it. Secondly, because I’m young and healthy, and not obese. I’m afraid of the vaccine. More patients are being admitted to the hospital every day now with covid, after receiving both vaccines. Also, many coworkers are reporting menstrual changes, so I’m not yet convinced that the vaccine won’t possibly affect fertility or an existing pregnancy.

So I just want to wait and see. Now I am required to vaccinate, or I will lose my job.

I have no one to discuss this with. Everyone I know either thinks that covid is made up, and the hospitals killed patients to make money, or that I’m a murderer and irresponsible nurse to dare go to work unvaccinated.

Anyone else in the middle with me?

SuperWify

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 4:25 am
I’m also in the middle.

I know COVID is dangerous- I’m not ignorant- but I’m not interested in being the lab rat for a new vaccine experiment.

Last edited by SuperWify on Tue, Jul 27 2021, 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Starflower

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 4:35 am
I’m with you on all of that! I’m afraid to catch Covid, hence I’m masking, SD + taking prophylactic supplements. Just recently we chose to have our family simcha outdoors, as an extra precaution. Covid also has caused menstrual changes, miscarriages, long term weakness, etc.

I’m no less afraid of the vaccine though. I know personally some people with severe adverse reactions. Science doesn’t know everything about it yet and even the little bit that gets to the news is scary! To top it off, the latest study by the Israeli Ministry of Health shows only about 40% vaccine efficacy after a few months...

Just as an interesting side note - in Israel it’s the “right” pushing the vaccine and all the restrictions on those that don’t have a green pass, while the liberal left is more pro choice and freedom. Just goes to show how politicians choose their side to gain popularity...

amother
Poinsettia

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 6:38 am
I’m in the middle. I was pregnant at the beginning of the pandemic so was way scared of the virus and happy to comply with lockdowns. And even once my baby was born I was not thrilled with the idea of getting it and got vaccinated as soon as I could, when he was five months old. Once in awhile you hear of a young and healthy person dying, or more often getting long covid, and I didn’t want that to be me.

But I also didn’t love the idea of getting a brand new shot. At that time, all I had heard about was hysterical claims that the shot “affects people’s fertility”, and since I don’t have any fertility to speak of (both my kids are IVF), and I’m probably done anyway, it seemed I didn’t have anything to lose.

I’m happy I got it but I don’t think I’m going to give it to my kids right away when they are eligible.

amother
Diamond

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 6:39 am
What you're describing is common for anxious people, especially those surrounded by a lot of misinformation.

amother
Sunflower

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 6:44 am
I'm in the middle. I'm not afraid of the vaccine exactly but I'm hesitant. If I had to I would but there's nothing pushing me right now to take it.

Bluepink

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 8:22 am
amother [ Diamond ] wrote:
What you're describing is common for anxious people, especially those surrounded by a lot of misinformation.

I’m not anxious nor surrounded by misinformation. I’m just trying to evaluate all sides, and I don’t want to be forced into something with the threat of losing my job. Thanks for your assessment.

amother
Stoneblue

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 8:49 am
amother [ Diamond ] wrote:

That isn’t true. What she is describing is a normal person who doesn’t believe everything the government says and also doesn’t believe conspiracy theories.
She’s right. Covid a real concern. The vaccine is a real concern. It’s a hard decision.

amother
Cyclamen

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 8:50 am
I am with you. I too am a nurse and am getting yelled at by my in laws how can I be so irresponsible. I have so much anxiety about this all. I am newly pregnant which they don't know and regret not getting the vaccine before I got pregnant and now scared to get it. I on one hand think... how can Hashem allow all of his people in Israel get vaccinated plus millions around the world and there be an issue with it. Also it seems more rebeim in my circles are saying we have to get it. How can they be wrong? On the other hand being pregnant makes me nervous because how can they say it isn't bad for the fetus when they haven't been able to even check babies 3 years down the road? I also am now feeling a sense of doom that I will be getting Covid any day now and if my family loses me it was because I was stubborn and didn't listen to "big Pharma." I daven I will survive this. I too am 30's, regular weight, rarely sick (bh).

Gut

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 8:54 am
Me too. I feel exactly the same

amother
Skyblue

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 8:56 am
I agree with u 2. I'm hesitant about the vaccine but feel strongly about masking especially in crowds

#BestBubby

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 8:57 am
The real question OP is why is it legal for your employer to coerce you to vaccinate? Especially with a non FDA approved EXPERIMENTAL vaccine!

Isnt the point of immunization to make one IMMUNE? And if you are not immune why risk the vaccine?

And what happened to My Body My Choice?

Bluepink

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 9:51 am
#BestBubby wrote:
The real question OP is why is it legal for your employer to coerce you to vaccinate? Especially with a non FDA approved EXPERIMENTAL vaccine!

Isnt the point of immunization to make one IMMUNE? And if you are not immune why risk the vaccine?

And what happened to My Body My Choice?

It is ironic that the people that promote abortion don’t allow you to choose what to inject. But apparently it is legal, and many more people will be forced to get it due to their occupation. I don’t want to derail the thread with legal issues, though.

I want to hear from others that believe in the dangers of covid but also are still hesitant about taking the vaccine now, though they may be open to taking it down the line.

Thank you everyone for your responses!

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 9:51 am
Me too!! I was still wearing a mask a while after coworkers stopped and only stopped more recently.
Nervous of new vaccine that hasnt been studied long term.
Difference is OP had covid so most likely immune beH. I am not....
I am sorry your job is requiring vaccine. Am I wrong that I am hearing vaccinated people catching covid more often than people with natural immunity?? You should be exempt with natural immunity. Or they should allow weekly testing instead like de blasio said

Bluepink

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 9:52 am
amother [ Cyclamen ] wrote:
I am with you. I too am a nurse and am getting yelled at by my in laws how can I be so irresponsible. I have so much anxiety about this all. I am newly pregnant which they don't know and regret not getting the vaccine before I got pregnant and now scared to get it. I on one hand think... how can Hashem allow all of his people in Israel get vaccinated plus millions around the world and there be an issue with it. Also it seems more rebeim in my circles are saying we have to get it. How can they be wrong? On the other hand being pregnant makes me nervous because how can they say it isn't bad for the fetus when they haven't been able to even check babies 3 years down the road? I also am now feeling a sense of doom that I will be getting Covid any day now and if my family loses me it was because I was stubborn and didn't listen to "big Pharma." I daven I will survive this. I too am 30's, regular weight, rarely sick (bh).

Feeling for your dilemma!!

fleetwood

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 9:56 am
Bluepink wrote:
It is ironic that the people that promote abortion don’t allow you to choose what to inject. But apparently it is legal, and many more people will be forced to get it due to their occupation. I don’t want to derail the thread with legal issues, though.

I want to hear from others that believe in the dangers of covid but also are still hesitant about taking the vaccine now, though they may be open to taking it down the line.

Thank you everyone for your responses!

Nobody promotes abortion. They promote free choice on this issue.

fleetwood

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 9:57 am
BrachaVHatzlocha wrote:
Me too!! I was still wearing a mask a while after coworkers stopped and only stopped more recently.
I am sorry your job is requiring vaccine. Am I wrong that I am hearing vaccinated people catching covid more often than people with natural immunity?? You should be exempt with natural immunity. Or they should allow weekly testing instead like de blasio said

You never had covid. You won't vaccinate and won't wear a mask...this is a recipe for disaster.

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 10:01 am
OP, I think a lot of people are where you are. Certainly I am.

Bluepink

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 10:11 am
BrachaVHatzlocha wrote:

I don’t know about natural vs acquired (vaccine) immunity, but I do know we’ve had an uptick in the past week of fully vaccinated patients being admitted for covid. So are these patients the “breakthrough”, or is the vaccine immunity wearing off? We don’t know..

#BestBubby

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 10:22 am
fleetwood wrote:
Nobody promotes abortion. They promote free choice on this issue.

But not free choice on vaccination, masks, destroying people's businesses,
shutting down Houses of Worship, etc.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics