Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Comparative Monsey schools to Bnos Chaya of BP
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 6:11 pm
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
I live in Monsey and BDY is definitely more regulated and structured.

I think BDY would be a better fit for your daughters

Compared to? Munktach?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 6:24 pm
guest2 wrote:
Kesser will not take you if you have a smartphone

I heard that if you present them with a valid reason for an exemption + have a filter, they will consider you. Some people I know that truly needed a smartphone for work as I do have gotten in. However it's not really shayich because they don't have a grade for my oldest as far as I know. It would mean sending my 3 kids to two different school, something I was hoping to avoid until high school.

amother
Tuberose

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 6:45 pm
OP, was bnos chaya ok with you having a smartphone?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 7:03 pm
amother [ Tuberose ] wrote:
OP, was bnos chaya ok with you having a smartphone?

Of course not. I explained that I needed it for work, why exactly I needed it for work, had it filtered (it was previously filtered, but they wanted a specific one which I had no issue with), and got a basic flip phone. Once all that was done they were fine with it. Otherwise they were very impressed with our hashkafos and our ideals. Like I said, we are simple people who believe that yiddishkeit deserves to he presented beautifully to children.

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 8:14 pm
Looks like something is holding you back from applying to munkatch or BDY. end of the day those 2 schools seem like its cut out for your type. because the society made up a bad name for the school does not mean it's true , I actually do think it's a lie and bdy is supposed to be a knock of a school. I agree that it's not meant for the ultra crowd, but if you're neutral and as described seems like munkatch or bdy is a match and they are both supposed to be amazing schools! I learned not to live my life according to what society decides . If a school works out for my kids , I know we did the right thing despite the name the school carrys. We gotta learn not to listen to society. It's all 1 big lie . People would make much easier decisions, people would be much happier, and authentic, had they not have listened and left society long ago.

amother
Poppy

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 9:26 pm
As someone who has family in both BDY and Munkatch. Munkatch is definitely more Chassidish. They're actually quite different.
BDY is definitely more established and they have a lot of amazing parts to them, like the school has a very happy positive environment, the girls are very not into brands and clothing. But if you're asking about Chassidishkeit level, Munkatch is stricter and gives a much harder time accepting people.
I know people switching from BSM to Munkatch this year. I think it's the in-between between BSM and BDY. They also have a very high level of learning, more that the typical Chassidish school. I could see some of the girls be more into brands though. I think Munkatch is heading towards being a Chassidish Bais Rochel.

amother
Magnolia

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 9:30 pm
amother [ Poppy ] wrote:
As someone who has family in both BDY and Munkatch. Munkatch is definitely more Chassidish. They're actually quite different.
BDY is definitely more established and they have a lot of amazing parts to them, like the school has a very happy positive environment, the girls are very not into brands and clothing. But if you're asking about Chassidishkeit level, Munkatch is stricter and gives a much harder time accepting people.
I know people switching from BSM to Munkatch this year. I think it's the in-between between BSM and BDY.

From what I heard from people that took out from BDY and put into Munkatch, BDY is more strict and has more rules. Munkatch gives a hard time accepting because they want to stay small. They want to have small classes. There are some really modern parents in Munkatch.
Kesser BY can be compared to Bais Rochel. By now, Bais Rochel is as strict and on par than any regular
chassidish school.

amother
Starflower

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 9:36 pm
What’s BDY?

First Lady

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 9:36 pm
amother [ Magnolia ] wrote:
From what I heard from people that took out from BDY and put into Munkatch, BDY is more strict and has more rules. Munkatch gives a hard time accepting because they want to stay small. They want to have small classes. There are some really modern parents in Munkatch.

I know both schools first hand. Munkatch parent body is definitely more Chassidish.
And they don't have small classes in the younger grades.
I see OP has a kid going into kindergarten so I think Munkatch is out. They have full classes and a huge waiting list and are vetting very strictly.

amother
Poppy

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 9:40 pm
amother [ Magnolia ] wrote:
Kesser BY can be compared to Bais Rochel. By now, Bais Rochel is as strict and on par than any regular
chassidish school.

Nope. You should recheck your info Munkach is attracting a more chassidish clientele.

amother
Magnolia

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 9:49 pm
First Lady wrote:
I know both schools first hand. Munkatch parent body is definitely more Chassidish.
And they don't have small classes in the younger grades.
I see OP has a kid going into kindergarten so I think Munkatch is out. They have full classes and a huge waiting list and are vetting very strictly.

I know a nice amount of very modern parents that send to Munkatch. They weren't accepted to BDY. BDY is stopping to accept modern parents. They really put their foot down.
Only preschool classes are bigger. Even the bigger classes are under 20 kids. Elementary they only accepted very few girls per class. 1st grade is 8 girls.

amother
Magnolia

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 9:50 pm
amother [ Poppy ] wrote:
Nope. You should recheck your info Munkach is attracting a more chassidish clientele.

I know afew people that weren't accepted to BDY because they're too modern for them. I know families that the boys are in Be'er Yeshaya, that's an extremely modern cheder.

amother
Poppy

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 9:57 pm
I'm not sure what your agenda is because your info is just not true. I'm personally involved in quite a few schools and I know a lot of inside info.
BDY definitely accepts parents that Munkatch doesn't. I tried getting some families into both. There is no way that someone was turned away from BDY and got accepted to Munkatch.

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 9:58 pm

amother
Magnolia

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 10:03 pm
amother [ Poppy ] wrote:
I'm not sure what your agenda is because your info is just not true. I'm personally involved in quite a few schools and I know a lot of inside info.
BDY definitely accepts parents that Munkatch doesn't. I tried getting some families into both. There is no way that someone was turned away from BDY and got accepted to Munkatch.

I don't have an agenda. I'm not involved in either school. I'm just saying what I know from the people I know that send there.
I have 2 neighbors that send to Munkatch. 1 took out from Satmer and the other from Pupa. As soon as the girls started school, both of their hats on their wigs came off and both are driving. Their girls are in socks when there's no school. My friend sends to Munkatch, boys to Viznitz. She went from a hat to an uncovered wig and fall and when she goes to her son's cheder, she wear her wig with a hat like she used to. I don't think such women fall into the caliber of a school that's strict with the homes kids come from.

amother
Sunflower

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 10:15 pm
I know Monro people who switch from shpitzel to wig, ( not that it is wrong, just wanted you to get picture), 10 yr old kids wear anklet socks and they go to munkatch. Bdy would have never taken them.
I also know someone who said she is removing her kid from munkatch cuz it's too modern.

amother
Poppy

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 10:23 pm
Im not sure why I'm bothering to keep responding as you seem to have your info a little mixed up.
Munkatch doesn't have girls from Monroe. BDY has a daily bus from Monroe. This is very easily verifiable and anyone can verify this.

amother
Magnolia

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 10:27 pm
amother [ Poppy ] wrote:
Im not sure why I'm bothering to keep responding as you seem to have your info a little mixed up.
Munkatch doesn't have girls from Monroe. BDY has a daily bus from Monroe. This is very easily verifiable and anyone can verify this.

Right. BDY has a bus from Monroe. But I think they stopped accepting from Monroe because people took it as a chance to change their lifestyle. I might be wrong on this though.

amother
Sunflower

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 10:32 pm
amother [ Poppy ] wrote:

Referring to families who moved to Monsey

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 10:33 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
I switched from bdy to munkatch and others who I know did so because bdy was very lax with their rules. There were girls showing up to school with commando boots, cell phones, or talking about movies and nobody was doing a thing about it. It's just not the acceptable standard for a chasidish school. Majority of the girls are refined and sweet, but the permissiveness of the school still bothered many.
Munkatch has a similar parent body to bdy , but in school the rules are enforced and followed. The girls are expected to show up looking refined, shirts tucked in, hair neat... The environment is super warm and consistently structured at the same time.
I won't even get started on the academic difference ...

So you're saying Munkatch is more chassidish. What's the difference in academic level? Bnos Chaya is on a pretty high level in both yiddish and English studies.
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics