Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Comparative Monsey schools to Bnos Chaya of BP
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 10:37 pm
Munkatch is also on a high academic level in Yiddish and English. Strong emphasis on lashon kodesh, starting in preschool.

amother
Magnolia

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 10:39 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So you're saying Munkatch is more chassidish. What's the difference in academic level? Bnos Chaya is on a pretty high level in both yiddish and English studies.

I think Munkatch is on a pretty high level according to chassidish schools.

guest2

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 10:40 pm
@sunflower I think y mixing up

amother
Poppy

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 11:02 pm
Just want to say that BDY is an amazing school. They have a lot of wonderful parents and the faculty is fantastic. They really put a lot into the girls, and specialize in doing it with lots of Simcha and warmth. You will find many good families there with a lot of fabulous, refined and erliche girls.
Munkatch is a different place with a different emphasis.
Each school has their amazing qualities.
I feel bad I got carried away with the comparisons.
OP I think you should do your research by calling up people personally.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 11:11 pm
amother [ Poppy ] wrote:
Just want to say that BDY is an amazing school. They have a lot of wonderful parents and the faculty is fantastic. They really put a lot into the girls, and specialize in doing it with lots of Simcha and warmth. You will find many good families there with a lot of fabulous, refined and erliche girls.
Munkatch is a different place with a different emphasis.
Each school has their amazing qualities.
I feel bad I got carried away with the comparisons.
OP I think you should do your research by calling up people personally.

What emphasis does Munkatch have?

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 11:46 pm
amother [ Poppy ] wrote:
Im not sure why I'm bothering to keep responding as you seem to have your info a little mixed up.
Munkatch doesn't have girls from Monroe. BDY has a daily bus from Monroe. This is very easily verifiable and anyone can verify this.

Happy Bdy parent here ...yes I can verify that there is a Monroe van.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 12:21 am
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
Happy Bdy parent here ...yes I can verify that there is a Monroe van.

Is bdy strict about internet access and things like that? What would you say the most frum person in the school looks like? (Rabbi M dd/dil doesn't count) What does the most modern person look like? I'm coming from a school where nail polish for parents is not even a rule because it's understood that you won't show up to school functions wearing nail polish, even sheer colors. I'm trying to understand the hashkafos at the school besides for the simcha and warmth and positivity. I'm not ready for my daughter to complain why I don't let her wear x or watch y or go to z place if so many of her classmates do it.

amother
Blueberry

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 1:14 am
So I used to send to bdy and send to munkatch now. I have 3 girls in the school currently. My girls are very happy with the change. They are learning a lot as opposed to bdy where no one cared if the teacher taught or not. My second grader had no spelling tests the whole year. Yes it’s a happy place with no rules and lots of freedom (bdy) rules aren’t enforced. As opposed to munkatch where they’re strict with taking off. U need to sit detention and pay a fee for u excused absence.
It’s a great learning environment (munkatch) they only take too teachers that are trained and they call parents a few times a year to check up and update about the progress of ur child. Yes Tuition is high but u get what your paying for. My girls loved the small classes and all the attention they got this year and they leaned very well. I hardly heard complaints about not wanting to go to school as opposed to the previous years. I think I said enough..
Make ur decision. Yes it’s a new school so ppl are scared to take the risk. I took it and couldn’t be happier I did bh”. As u can see many ppl are switching over for the coming year.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 1:44 am
amother [ Blueberry ] wrote:
So I used to send to bdy and send to munkatch now. I have 3 girls in the school currently. My girls are very happy with the change. They are learning a lot as opposed to bdy where no one cared if the teacher taught or not. My second grader had no spelling tests the whole year. Yes it’s a happy place with no rules and lots of freedom (bdy) rules aren’t enforced. As opposed to munkatch where they’re strict with taking off. U need to sit detention and pay a fee for u excused absence.
It’s a great learning environment (munkatch) they only take too teachers that are trained and they call parents a few times a year to check up and update about the progress of ur child. Yes Tuition is high but u get what your paying for. My girls loved the small classes and all the attention they got this year and they leaned very well. I hardly heard complaints about not wanting to go to school as opposed to the previous years. I think I said enough..
Make ur decision. Yes it’s a new school so ppl are scared to take the risk. I took it and couldn’t be happier I did bh”. As u can see many ppl are switching over for the coming year.

Thank you so much blueberry!
How do the hashkafos and parent body of Munkatch compare to bdy? Is Munkatch more or less right wing than bdy?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 1:46 am
Also how high is the tuition? I love what I'm hearing about the orderliness of the school. Yes schools are supposed to be warm and nurturing but children also need to be taught responsibility.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 10:05 am
Bumping this back up for day time responders. Thanks!

amother
NeonPink

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 11:45 am
I honestly never heard of that school in BP. So not sure what to compare it to. But I grew up in Monsey most of my life, and I can say there is a big problem with schools. Most of the schools are either chassidish or litvish/modern. Leaving very few options for the neutral in between. I do send to Kesser Bais Yaakov. I am bh very happy there. They are very against technology and look for good solid torahdig homes. I do not have a smartphone and only use the internet at work. My husband has a smartphone with a filter that he needs for work. A little less than half her class is like old monsey style, but there are definitely quite a few kids that are very up to date in fashion. But very nice families. Regarding BDY, I remember when they started, they didn't have a great name because monsey wasn't used to that type of school but more recently hearing nice things about it. And munkach I actually know some people that send there that are very stable and nice homes. I also heard they are a lot more strict with accepting now.

amother
Magnolia

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 11:52 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Also how high is the tuition? I love what I'm hearing about the orderliness of the school. Yes schools are supposed to be warm and nurturing but children also need to be taught responsibility.

I think tuition is between $700-$800.

amother
Magnolia

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 12:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Is bdy strict about internet access and things like that? What would you say the most frum person in the school looks like? (Rabbi M dd/dil doesn't count) What does the most modern person look like? I'm coming from a school where nail polish for parents is not even a rule because it's understood that you won't show up to school functions wearing nail polish, even sheer colors. I'm trying to understand the hashkafos at the school besides for the simcha and warmth and positivity. I'm not ready for my daughter to complain why I don't let her wear x or watch y or go to z place if so many of her classmates do it.

There are mothers that wear nail polish both in BDY and Munkatch. But I think the rule is only light/neutral colors.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 12:14 pm
amother [ Magnolia ] wrote:
There are mothers that wear nail polish both in BDY and Munkatch. But I think the rule is only light/neutral colors.

Thank you. Any knowledge on the hashkafos of the school?

amother
DarkViolet

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 12:27 pm
How about sanz? That seems to be neutral chassidish and can compare to BP neutral schools.
Supposed to be a fine parent body, they are very selective.

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 12:28 pm
I'm not sure what you mean by hashkafos, but there was a strong theme of being proud to be a bas yisroel and having an appreciation for the beauty of yiddishkeit. A lot of the curriculum and even extracurricular had that theme. The principal is very inspired by Sara shenirer and her way of relating to her students ( she told us this at an assembly and according to my daughter she always tells the girls inspirational stories randomly and even during lunch). My daughter is quite young but came away with so much this year. There's also an emphasis on yehadus/yedios and she knows so much more about general yehadus then I do. I would say that the overall style is like a chasidish bais Yaakov. Or like the old bais Yaakov.

amother
Magnolia

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 12:29 pm
amother [ DarkViolet ] wrote:
How about sanz? That seems to be neutral chassidish and can compare to BP neutral schools.
Supposed to be a fine parent body, they are very selective.

Sanz is neutral but they don't allow driving.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 12:31 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
I'm not sure what you mean by hashkafos, but there was a strong theme of being proud to be a bas yisroel and having an appreciation for the beauty of yiddishkeit. A lot of the curriculum and even extracurricular had that theme. The principal is very inspired by Sara shenirer and her way of relating to her students ( she told us this at an assembly and according to my daughter she always tells the girls inspirational stories randomly and even during lunch). My daughter is quite young but came away with so much this year. There's also an emphasis on yehadus/yedios and she knows so much more about general yehadus then I do. I would say that the overall style is like a chasidish bais Yaakov. Or like the old bais Yaakov.

Thank you khaki. Is this for bdy or munkatch?

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 12:33 pm
Munkatch
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics