Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Scheduled to Vaccinate on Friday, or shoud I cancel....
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 5:39 am
I am so soooo nervous!!

I am not the strongest person in nature and have ​several (minor) health issues. Am way over 50...

What if I may be one of the minor cases that may get extremely sick and attain long term side affects as a result (damaged organs etc. etc. ch'v)

If anyone can share there own experiences or even from others you may be aware of who had negative outcomes after given the Pfizor vaccinations kindly enlighten me.

I am so undecided whether I should go ahead with it or just cancel.

ETA; I haven't read any previous threads on this subject so if there was already a thread regarding negative side affects from the vaccines I would appreciate if someone can link me to that thread. TIA

Petra

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 5:48 am
If your doctor doesn’t think you have any reason not to get the vaccine, then you should go ahead with it. I’ve seen plenty of “older” people get the vaccine successfully and not only that, plenty that have also had health issues who have gotten the vaccine and were completely fine. Younger people might have a day of aching from the second shot but older individuals, not as much.

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 6:26 am
My parents are in their upper 50s. Mom has a number of health issues. Diabetes, colitis, and more. Both had covid right at the start of pandemic. Both had the pfizer. Mom's arm ached for a day or 2. Dad was in bed for a day or 2.
This is pretty similar to my inlaws ( same age), grandmothers in their 80s and 90s, and whoever I know over 50 that got the vaccines. And I know alot of them.
Go for it!

amother
Firethorn

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 6:33 am
Read all threads under vaccination forum. You’ll hear opinions from both sides. Then you can make an educated decision.

fleetwood

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 7:29 am
Most of my family and friends have gotten the Pfizer vaccine including my teen daughter..I don't know anyone with an adverse reaction. This includes the majority of my mom's retirement complex. I'm talking hundreds of seniors vaccinated with Pfizer over a three day period. Have not heard of a single adverse reaction. Good luck.

exaustedmom

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 7:40 am
If you have not yet had covid and are in a high risk category, you really should vax. I think the Pfizer vaccine probably is the most promising. Stay healthy!

amother
Peru

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 7:46 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I am so soooo nervous!!

I am not the strongest person in nature and have ​several (minor) health issues. Am way over 50...

What if I may be one of the minor cases that may get extremely sick and attain long term side affects as a result (damaged organs etc. etc. ch'v)

If anyone can share there own experiences or even from others you may be aware of who had negative outcomes after given the Pfizor vaccinations kindly enlighten me.

I am so undecided whether I should go ahead with it or just cancel.

ETA; I haven't read any previous threads on this subject so if there was already a thread regarding negative side affects from the vaccines I would appreciate if someone can link me to that thread. TIA

I'm not interested in imposing my vax position onto you, so I won't suggest that you decide one way or the other.

But what I will say is that your instincts are a valuable source of information.

As someone who's trained in somatic trauma therapy I can say that going into ANY medical procedure when you're anxious about the procedure bodes poorly for the outcome.

The better way to approach any medical intervention, including vaccines and meds, is to support your nervous system-

Only when you feel completely relaxed inside about the medical intervention, that's when it's ok to go ahead with it. If there's any lingering doubt or tension in your system about the upcoming intervention, it's best to postpone the appointment and take additional time to get additional support for the nervous system.

One of the biggest mistakes ppl make is going through a medical intervention while having tension and stress about it. It's so important to NOT ignore or override the un-ease or tension we have about an upcoming doctor appointment. The thing to do is to get appropriate nervous system support.
Good Somatic Experiencing practitioners are trained to prepare anyone (child/adult) for medical appointments, so they can go to their appointments with ease and relaxation. A person with a relaxed nervous system has better outcomes .

It's called honoring the intelligence of your G-d-given temple.

amother
DarkGray

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 8:05 am
I was terrified to get the vaccine but had strong reasons to get it (uptick in local cases, zero antibodies etc) & felt the same way right before (like should I cancel?!) I ended up getting the first dose of Pfizer, side effect for me was exhaustion/ weak for 2 days so I stayed in bed.
Grateful I got it though, because I’ve never had covid and didn’t want to deal with getting it.

But that being said, I chose not to get the second dose. There’s a high percentage of immunity after the first dose, and I was okay with leaving it at that.

I feel safer now because I’m somewhat protected, feel better in public areas.

Hatzlacha with your decision!

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 8:22 am
fleetwood wrote:
Most of my family and friends have gotten the Pfizer vaccine including my teen daughter..I don't know anyone with an adverse reaction. This includes the majority of my mom's retirement complex. I'm talking hundreds of seniors vaccinated with Pfizer over a three day period. Have not heard of a single adverse reaction. Good luck.

It depends on what you call an "adverse reaction."

A lot of people I know didn't feel well for about 24 hours after the second vaccine, then they were fine. What was interesting to me is that they experienced the same symptoms they had with covid (if they had covid), but less so. So L, who had the very atypical symptom of severe headaches, had a headache after vaccination. I felt the malaise I had when I was first coming down with covid.

But it was 24 hours, not the weeks of severe illness I had with covid.

Oh, and mild injection site pain. Vaccinate on the side you don't sleep on.

I do know people with no reaction at all. My husband, who has multiple health issues, had no reaction at all. Either did my 90-something year old father.

I think its worth one day of feeling mildly ill, to avoid days or weeks of feeling extremely ill with attendant health risks.

Hope this helps.

trixx

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 8:24 am
You want informed consent?
Nojabforme.info and covidvaccinereactions.com
All hugs welcomed.

amother
Starflower

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 8:26 am
You are not crazy.
There are many people who will push you to get it.
There are so many reasons not to get it..at least yet.
Adverse affects are not known and not being collected properly and honestly
If you don't feel shaleim with taking the vaxx yet, trust that. You know your body best, instinctively.

You are not crazy. Hatzlocha and brocha with whatever you do

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 8:32 am
My husband was reluctant to take the vaccine. I think he was nervous about fertility issues.

He follows the news but I argued with him that it cant hurt to just take it.

He asked his Rav and was told that he does not need to worry about that.

We just went yesterday together and got the Pfizer vaccine! We are happy we did. Just feel soreness in our arms.

We are young though and my husband is obese.

Why don't you ask your doc or Rav so you can feel more comfortable with your choice?

fleetwood

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 8:40 am
[quote="SixOfWands"]It depends on what you call an "adverse reaction."

After my second dose..I had a severe headache, 102 fever,muscle aches for about 36 hours. I don't consider this an adverse reaction. I consider death, stroke,heart attack, hospitalization to be an adverse reaction. As sick as I was I don't consider it to be a severe side effect and don't regret getting vaccinated.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 8:52 am
You will get the vaccine or you will get corona. Which gives you LESS of a chance of landing in the ICU? Which gives you LESS of a chance of dying? I'd bet the vaccine. But of course it's up to you.

Just remember that the Pfizer is the safest and most tested vaccine out there. Millions and millions have had it worldwide and they've been fine. The virus has been around a lot longer and millions have died, including healthy young people like you.

I and everyone I know has received the Pfizer, unless they were sick before they got the chance. Even some who recovered took one dose afterwards. I don't know of any adverse effects other than fever and sore arm and general fluey feeling for a day or two.

May the person administering it be a good shliach and may you have good health.

amother
Daisy

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 8:55 am
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
You will get the vaccine or you will get corona. Which gives you LESS of a chance of landing in the ICU? Which gives you LESS of a chance of dying? I'd bet the vaccine. But of course it's up to you.

Just remember that the Pfizer is the safest and most tested vaccine out there. Millions and millions have had it worldwide and they've been fine. The virus has been around a lot longer and millions have died, including healthy young people like you.

I and everyone I know has received the Pfizer, unless they were sick before they got the chance. Even some who recovered took one dose afterwards. I don't know of any adverse effects other than fever and sore arm and general fluey feeling for a day or two.

May the person administering it be a good shliach and may you have good health.

You can get the vaccine and still get corona. And you cannot get the vaccine and not get corona. Nothing is guaranteed.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 8:58 am
amother [ Daisy ] wrote:
You can get the vaccine and still get corona. And you cannot get the vaccine and not get corona. Nothing is guaranteed.

Statistically, at some point you will get sick if you don't get the vaccine. If you do get sick AFTER the vaccine your chances of landing in the ICU or dying are much lower than they would otherwise be.

Some people haven't had either. Yet. But statistically that's not going to - it can't - last forever, sorry to pop your bubble.

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 9:06 am
All you people please take a look at what’s going on in Israel before you tout the benefits of the Pfizer vaccine.
Doesn’t offer that much protection anymore.
I would hold off a few more weeks. More info is coming out daily.

amother
Daisy

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 9:12 am
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
Statistically, at some point you will get sick if you don't get the vaccine. If you do get sick AFTER the vaccine your chances of landing in the ICU or dying are much lower than they would otherwise be.

Some people haven't had either. Yet. But statistically that's not going to - it can't - last forever, sorry to pop your bubble.

That would be nice if it was true. Look what's going on in Israel. Many people who are fully vaccinated are hospitalized, to the extent that they want to start giving out third doses.

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 9:22 am
amother [ Daisy ] wrote:
That would be nice if it was true. Look what's going on in Israel. Many people who are fully vaccinated are hospitalized, to the extent that they want to start giving out third doses.

Yes, let's look at what's going on in Israel. According to an Israeli study, while the efficacy of preventing infection from the Delta variant is lower than hoped, "the two-dose vaccine still works very well in preventing people from getting seriously sick, demonstrating 88% effectiveness against hospitalization and 91% effectiveness against severe illness, according to the Israeli data published Thursday." https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/2......html See also https://news.yahoo.com/breakth......html (breakthrough infection rate among healthcare workers, mostly minor cases)

And yes, given how contagious particularly the delta variant is, chances are that nearly everyone will eventually get it.

trixx

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 9:26 am
Looks What's going on in Israel indeed
"Those who vaccinated are not healthier" says feiglin
https://www.israelnationalnews.....10833
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics