Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
S’mores

flowerpower

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 6:28 pm
What is the best way to make smores on the grill? One that doesn’t burn the cookie yet melts the inside stuff?

erm

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 6:44 pm
Just be aware that marshmallows have fish gel and grills are often flieshigs

mom_13

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 6:49 pm
I usually do Graham cracker, marshmallow, square Rosemarie pareve, Graham cracker and wrap it in foil. Place on grates. Usually ready in about 5 mins

challahchallah

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 7:07 pm
erm wrote:
Just be aware that marshmallows have fish gel and grills are often flieshigs

Some marshmallows have fish gel but some are vegan. I think the ones we have are made with tapioca starch. Always good to check though.

We toast the marshmallows on sticks then place on the sandwich. The heat from the marshmallow melts the chocolate a little but not fully, which I like.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 7:20 pm
Thank you!

fraimal

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 8:01 pm
If u have a fleishig microwave, just lay 3 squares of chocolate (or some chocolate chips) and 2 marshmellows on graham cracker on plate and microwave for 30 seconds. Tastes so good and no mess!

essie14

Post Fri, Jul 30 2021, 7:21 am
I put them in a foil pan and then place in grill.

midiskirts

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 12:20 pm
Melt chocolate chips in the microwave at 30 second intervals - every 30 seconds, remove them from the microwave and stir until completely melted. I find semi-sweet to be better than milk chocolate.

Arrange marshmallows on a parchment-paper lined baking sheet and toast in a toaster oven/bake in a regular oven. Keep an eye on them - remove them when they've doubled/tripled in size and the tops are turning golden.

While the marshmallows are toasting, dip one face of each graham cracker in the melted chocolate. Spread these on a plate for quick access.

When the marshmallows are done, take one cracker (chocolate side down) and use it to pick up a marshmallow, and sandwich it using a second chocolate covered cracker. The marshmallow will shrink and caramelize, but still be chewy inside.

When serving the s'mores by the fire, people can insert a skewer in one side to reheat/roast it over the flames.

I find this recipe to be the best combination of diffferent flavours - it's a hit even with people who usually don't care for s'mores. And experiment! Try adding cinnamon, chili powder, peanut butter or peanut butter cup, nutella, toasted coconut & caramel...all very delicious Very Happy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics