Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Did anyone hear from their daughter in camp Bais yaakov?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 30 2021, 7:31 am
They were there since Tuesday. I have no idea how my daughter is doing. I heard that the girls are allowed to make a phone call on Friday. I’m I supposed to just sit and wait for the call? I’m I allowed to call her? Has anyone had any contact with their daughter??

amother
NeonBlue

Post Fri, Jul 30 2021, 7:35 am
You can call her - if it’s not rest hour they will give her a message.

Chayalle

Post Fri, Jul 30 2021, 9:13 am
I think the first week of camp they are not allowed to call home till Friday, after that they can call.

All other times, you can call the office and they will give your DD a message to call you.

amother
Azalea

Post Fri, Jul 30 2021, 9:59 am
When I was in camp 40 years ago no one was allowed to call home. Except for very extenuating circumstances. And we didn't have email either like most camps have now.

Chayalle

Post Fri, Jul 30 2021, 10:19 am
amother [ Azalea ] wrote:
When I was in camp 40 years ago no one was allowed to call home. Except for very extenuating circumstances. And we didn't have email either like most camps have now.

Well, my mother A"H went to CBY in the 1950's. And those days, they had bungalows that were available for rent, and her mother actually came up to spend a week with her one summer.

When my oldest went to CBY 10 years ago, you could call camp and ask to be connected to your daughter. You were placed on hold for what seemed like forever, and hopefully eventually she came to the phone.

They don't do that anymore - they just take a message, and your DD calls you back. They also allow much more phone calls (they have specific times when campers can call). My DD was in camp first half, and sometimes she called daily (after the first week).

amother
DarkGreen

Post Fri, Jul 30 2021, 5:51 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
They were there since Tuesday. I have no idea how my daughter is doing. I heard that the girls are allowed to make a phone call on Friday. I’m I supposed to just sit and wait for the call? I’m I allowed to call her? Has anyone had any contact with their daughter??

Did you hear from your daughter yet? I'm still waiting for mine to call...

amother
Periwinkle

Post Fri, Jul 30 2021, 7:17 pm
Chayalle wrote:
Well, my mother A"H went to CBY in the 1950's. And those days, they had bungalows that were available for rent, and her mother actually came up to spend a week with her one summer.

They still have the bungalows for rent. My sister is up there with her kids.

amother
Powderblue

Post Sat, Jul 31 2021, 10:13 pm
amother [ DarkGreen ] wrote:
Did you hear from your daughter yet? I'm still waiting for mine to call...

Did she call yet? My dd called on Friday. It sounds like there was quite a line for the phones.

Optione

Post Sat, Jul 31 2021, 10:58 pm
My friend got a call from her daughter on Friday. Call the camp office and check in? Ask what their calling policy is?

amother
DarkGreen

Post Sat, Jul 31 2021, 11:17 pm
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
Did she call yet? My dd called on Friday. It sounds like there was quite a line for the phones.

Yes she Bh ended up calling Friday some time after I posted.

amother
Broom

Post Sat, Jul 31 2021, 11:32 pm
This summer campers are allowed to call home on Fridays only. TC's are allowed to call home at night, during specific hours.
On Friday the lines for camp phones are very long. One suggestion is to tell your dd to use a married staff member's bungalow phone. Those lines are shorter.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children