Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Would you be nervous to take subway to upper east side?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 30 2021, 1:18 pm
Have a Dr appointment in Manhattan. I'm nauseous and weak. A part of me just wants to take train so I don't have to ask my husband to drive me, because like to be independent. A different part of me is really nervous for all the crazies that are walking around. Wwyd? Also it's not like my husband can drive me every single time, so it's not a one and done deal.

amother
Calendula

Post Fri, Jul 30 2021, 1:19 pm
Not at all. In middle of the day? Not concerned at all.
If you're weak though, it may be an exhausting trip. Depending which station you're coming from and where you're going to, you must likely will have to transfer, and possibly do a lot of stairs as well.

amother
DarkViolet

Post Fri, Jul 30 2021, 1:25 pm
I've been taking the subway every day for a couple of months now. It's fine, and possible to get a seat most of the time. I wouldn't take it at night but otherwise it feels totally safe to me.

icedcoffee

Post Fri, Jul 30 2021, 1:28 pm
I live on the UES - never once have I felt unsafe taking the subways here.

amother
Navyblue

Post Fri, Jul 30 2021, 1:50 pm
I live on UWS and work in WaHi and take the subway daily. No concerns

amother
Cyclamen

Post Fri, Jul 30 2021, 1:52 pm
Not at all. There are more vagrants than in the past but not to an uncomfortable level.

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Jul 30 2021, 2:34 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Have a Dr appointment in Manhattan. I'm nauseous and weak. A part of me just wants to take train so I don't have to ask my husband to drive me, because like to be independent. A different part of me is really nervous for all the crazies that are walking around. Wwyd? Also it's not like my husband can drive me every single time, so it's not a one and done deal.

If you're nauseated and weak, I don't advise taking the subway. Not because of all the "crazies" -- that's not an issue, really. But because you're nauseated and weak.

Refuah shleima

amother
Firebrick

Post Fri, Jul 30 2021, 2:36 pm
if you are coming from Brooklyn, you can take express bus

amother
Grape

Post Fri, Jul 30 2021, 3:45 pm
Just came back from doctors appointment on the Central Park West. Took subway with my teenaged daughter. Felt perfectly safe and not uncomfortable.

vintagebknyc

Post Fri, Jul 30 2021, 3:51 pm
There are no more than the usual crazies on the subway, but I would suggest wearing a mask.

amother
Anemone

Post Fri, Jul 30 2021, 3:54 pm
I would advise against taking the train if you’re feeling sick or weak. But I’ve been taking the subway throughout the whole pandemic and I haven’t felt unsafe.

cnc

Post Fri, Jul 30 2021, 4:14 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:
There are no more than the usual crazies on the subway, but I would suggest wearing a mask.

This
Train is completely safe but masks are required
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries