Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Diet that helps with anger?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jul 31 2021, 2:05 pm
I have anger issues and also would like to lose 5-10 lbs. I know this soounds weird, but has anyone ever heard of a diet that also helps with anger issues or mood regulation?

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Jul 31 2021, 2:16 pm
Look up anti-inflammatory diets. Inflammation is the number one cause of anger issues.

Also look at where your boundaries are being pushed. If your boundaries are being violated, and you don't stand up for yourself, it can lead to emotional eating in order to self soothe.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jul 31 2021, 2:38 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Look up anti-inflammatory diets. Inflammation is the number one cause of anger issues.

Also look at where your boundaries are being pushed. If your boundaries are being violated, and you don't stand up for yourself, it can lead to emotional eating in order to self soothe.

I dredge up things from the past, and that's what makes me angry and feeling like I'm losing my sanity. I'll literally just be walking down the street with no triggers and I'll think about something that happened in my childhood and I'll feel my blood boil I'll squeeze my hands into fists and just be hopping mad. I've never hurt anyone or myself, but I feel like it would be a possibility.

Success10

Post Sat, Jul 31 2021, 3:23 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I dredge up things from the past, and that's what makes me angry and feeling like I'm losing my sanity. I'll literally just be walking down the street with no triggers and I'll think about something that happened in my childhood and I'll feel my blood boil I'll squeeze my hands into fists and just be hopping mad. I've never hurt anyone or myself, but I feel like it would be a possibility.

Are you in therapy? Regarding food, wheat and dairy might be the first places to start, but really, I don't think that's really going to help. There are ways to release the anger, sometimes without even addressing the trauma that initiated it to begin with, if that's too much for you.

imaima

Post Sat, Jul 31 2021, 5:16 pm
Also sugar and caffeine are things you could eliminate, because when they are addictive and when you lack them, it makes you irritable.

Also, I started taking inositol which helps with both weight and mood swings, it also takes the edge of PMS.

amother
Whitewash

Post Sat, Jul 31 2021, 8:07 pm
unexpectedly enough, I wasn't eating enough to lose weight and I would also get evil hangry. I started eating more normal food, under advisement of a registered dietititan and the scale started moving at a sustainable and healthy rate and I've mellowed out considerably. please consult with a professional registered dietitian before you decide on a plan.

Chana Miriam S

Post Sat, Jul 31 2021, 9:43 pm
Low carb diets which are also coincidentally low inflammation have a n effect on our brains. I know many people for whom mental health issues have been helped and also Ketogenic diets were/are used for patients with epilepsy that were not helped by drugs.

I’m of the opinion that you should not try to lose weight while attempting to resolve your anger issues but if you are like many people and the Calming effect on you helps to resolve your issues, eventually the weight would take care of itself.

amother
Viola

Post Sat, Jul 31 2021, 10:17 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I have anger issues and also would like to lose 5-10 lbs. I know this soounds weird, but has anyone ever heard of a diet that also helps with anger issues or mood regulation?

I used to scream when I felt like things were out of control. I learned all the tools and tricks but I'd still get triggered. Doing trauma therapy calmed my entire body down.

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Sat, Jul 31 2021, 10:28 pm
Inflammatory foods: sugar, gluten, dairy, tomato, eggplant, pepper, potato.

Eat foods with omega 3.

amother
Seablue

Post Sat, Jul 31 2021, 11:08 pm
Yes, anitnflamanatory and gut healing diets may very well help with rage. Look into paleo, scd, gaps, whole 30, clean keto

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 1:50 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I had the same thing. I was healed through a person who heals with the Neuro Emotion Technique

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 3:09 am
imaima wrote:
Also sugar and caffeine are things you could eliminate, because when they are addictive and when you lack them, it makes you irritable.

Also, I started taking inositol which helps with both weight and mood swings, it also takes the edge of PMS.

The us army did a study on energy drinks and the combination of sugar and caffeine especially in volume seems to be extremely likely to create anger and aggression issues. Here’s the study:

https://academic.oup.com/milme.....85551

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 5:59 am
Thanks everyone!

A keto diet would be too hardcore for me, and I need my 1 morning coffee (other than that I don't consume caffeine except the bit that's in chocolate), but I'll combine some of your ideas and try cutting out wheat, dairy and processed sugar.

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 10:45 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks everyone!

A keto diet would be too hardcore for me, and I need my 1 morning coffee (other than that I don't consume caffeine except the bit that's in chocolate), but I'll combine some of your ideas and try cutting out wheat, dairy and processed sugar.

I don’t do ‘keto’ per se. yes, I eat low carb but don’t walk around hungry. I don’t count. I eat good, real food. I also drink my coffee. The energy drink issue is the combination of sugar and caffeine.

amother
Cinnamon

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 11:52 pm
Personal anecdote-
Per my sister in law's report,
my brother was always grouchy and irritable prior to her putting him on a Gluten Free diet. He is now much more even tempered and calm. He has been gluten free for like 5 years and feels healthier and happier.

DrMom

Post Mon, Aug 02 2021, 12:42 am
I think I am more irritable when I am *on* a diet than when I just eat what I want.

honeymoon

Post Mon, Aug 02 2021, 1:15 am
I see a direct correlation between my diet and my mood. When I eat well, cut out processed food, skip dairy and hydrate well, I can remain calm and even tempered and can easily control my anger. When I load up on sugar and white flour I am grumpy and extremely irritable.
I believe diet plays a bigger role in our moods than we give it credit for.

Chana Miriam S

Post Mon, Aug 02 2021, 2:04 am
DrMom wrote:
I think I am more irritable when I am *on* a diet than when I just eat what I want.

I think there’s a difference between what I do and being on a diet. Diets are miserable. Having a way of eating that makes me feel amazing and over time changes my body composition makes me happier than ever before in my entire life. Truth.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise