Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Can't seem to start work again

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 11:27 pm
I had a baby about 2 months ago. I told my work I was going to take about 6-8 weeks. I was going to start a week or two ago, but had guests come visit so I pushed it off. Financially I cannot take more time, already things happened that put us in a worse place financially than we thought we would be right now.
I have yet to notify my company that I am restarting. I don't like my job too much (boredom, some people I work with, mid life crisis?).
I am looking for new work..no idea what it is I want to do.
Help..what do I do? I know most people will say just start it'll be fine, but I know it won't be at this place (some more details I didn't share as don't want to be identified)
This is taking more out of me than it should.

imaima

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 11:32 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I had a baby about 2 months ago. I told my work I was going to take about 6-8 weeks. I was going to start a week or two ago, but had guests come visit so I pushed it off. Financially I cannot take more time, already things happened that put us in a worse place financially than we thought we would be right now.
I have yet to notify my company that I am restarting. I don't like my job too much (boredom, some people I work with, mid life crisis?).
I am looking for new work..no idea what it is I want to do.
Help..what do I do? I know most people will say just start it'll be fine, but I know it won't be at this place (some more details I didn't share as don't want to be identified)
This is taking more out of me than it should.

Go back to your old work and look for the new one at the same time. You need money now.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 11:47 pm
I know I need to. Have been looking around.
I wish I knew what it was I wanted to do.

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Aug 02 2021, 5:01 am
This happened to me 7 years ago. I never went back. At the time we suddenly came across some unexpected money. It’s long gone and I still didn’t go back to work. Not saying you should do that as it’s not a responsible decision. I’m just saying that I understand you. At this point I’m so out of it and insecure that I wouldn’t even be able to get a job easily. Don’t let that happen to you.

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Aug 02 2021, 5:06 am
When you take a break it's hard to go back. Just go back and then look for work.

ora_43

Post Mon, Aug 02 2021, 5:35 am
Restarting work after having a baby is so so hard, even when you like your work. You have to fit the same amount of work into a schedule that now includes hours of baby care.

So I'm not going to say "start it'll be fine." But I will say, start, you'll get through it. It will be hard but you'll make it work. Just try not to let it slow you down too much in the search for another job. Let all the difficulty and irritation of restarting be your motivation to work on your escape.

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Aug 02 2021, 6:42 am
Could you start working at your old place on a part time basis with a promise to transition into full time within a month or so? Then you could earn some money, have tome to look for a new job, and not be overwhelmed by starting back into full time work at once.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 02 2021, 10:48 am
I really appreciate the helpful replies and the sensitivity you are having when replying.
I never had this before with my other kids. I knew it would be hard, but I went and I was fine. This time I just kept opening my email and closing as I was stressing out.
I did start back today and told them I am starting to work, but only starting with catching up which may be a day or two, BH they are fine with that.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics