Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Lakewood Covid Infections?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 02 2021, 8:46 pm
Need to go into Lakewood for shopping this week. I live in an area with extremely low infection rate b"H. I am vaccinated and will wear a good quality mask...my question is if the infection rate there is high? I will try to avoid crowded stores if there are currently outbreaks...do you know of infected people right now? Tia

amother
DarkGray

Post Mon, Aug 02 2021, 8:55 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Need to go into Lakewood for shopping this week. I live in an area with extremely low infection rate b"H. I am vaccinated and will wear a good quality mask...my question is if the infection rate there is high? I will try to avoid crowded stores if there are currently outbreaks...do you know of infected people right now? Tia

I live here and haven't heard much lately bh

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Aug 02 2021, 9:22 pm
The only people who I heard recently that have Covid do not live in Lakewood.

checkbefore

Post Mon, Aug 02 2021, 9:33 pm
Someone posted earlier that a few people tested positive at chemed. Just keep your mask on.

wiki

Post Tue, Aug 03 2021, 1:02 pm
The Lakewood Voice said on Friday that the city was averaging five new cases per day in the previous week.

But based on the poster here who heard about three positives while she was at Chemed on Sunday, it has probably gone up a lot since then.

Perrys

Post Tue, Aug 03 2021, 1:23 pm
wiki wrote:
The Lakewood Voice said on Friday that the city was averaging five new cases per day in the previous week.

But based on the poster here who heard about three positives while she was at Chemed on Sunday, it has probably gone up a lot since then.

Or a false positive

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Aug 03 2021, 1:24 pm
Ocean County is supposedly one of the higher number counties- along with like 7 others. I’m not worried yet, but I’m vaccinated. I have ears in several different health sources, so I’m paying attention.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Aug 03 2021, 1:25 pm
checkbefore wrote:
Someone posted earlier that a few people tested positive at chemed. Just keep your mask on.

I think the ratio of unmasked to masked people in Lakewood is 500 to 1.

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Aug 03 2021, 1:26 pm
Everything is normal here.
We’re not hearing of sick people although I’m sure it’s not completely wiped out since it’s still going around in the world.
No one is really even wearing masks aside for doctors offices.

flowerpower

Post Tue, Aug 03 2021, 1:46 pm
If you are vaxxed then no need to be scared.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Aug 03 2021, 1:48 pm
flowerpower wrote:

Listen- please leave the health recommendations to an actual professional. Thanks.

flowerpower

Post Tue, Aug 03 2021, 1:52 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
Listen- please leave the health recommendations to an actual professional. Thanks.

I thought that they said that if you vaxx you’ll
Be fine. If people are masking and nervous to go on with life then what is the point?

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Aug 03 2021, 1:54 pm
flowerpower wrote:
Be fine. If people are masking and nervous to go on with life then what is the point?

I didn’t say anything about being nervous. I just said that recommendations at this point should come from actual health care professionals and not the village experts in Brooklyn and Monsey. Lakewood has enough of its own, we don’t need to import experts.

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Aug 03 2021, 1:55 pm
flowerpower wrote:

Basically, you can be vaccinated and still carry a virus to people who are immune. Go figure
Which is why we are carrying on as normal.

amother
Celeste

Post Tue, Aug 03 2021, 2:30 pm
flowerpower wrote:

Huh? Haven’t you heard about all the breakthrough cases? Lindsay Graham just announced he has it and he was fully vaccinated.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics