Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Help me get rid of the (unknown) stench In my room

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 03 2021, 5:10 pm
It really reeks. My plumbing system is fine I have new carpets. My bedding gets changed once a wk. I clean my toilet area daily and I vacume all the time. I have 2 diffusers to block the smell but it has this smell that is revolting. I can’t get rid of it no matter what. My house is 10 years old and very new condition bh.
I also just washed the blinds and gave my entire room a scrub from top to bottom. I’m stuck!!!!!

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Aug 03 2021, 5:23 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
It really reeks. My plumbing system is fine I have new carpets. My bedding gets changed once a wk. I clean my toilet area daily and I vacume all the time. I have 2 diffusers to block the smell but it has this smell that is revolting. I can’t get rid of it no matter what. My house is 10 years old and very new condition bh.
I also just washed the blinds and gave my entire room a scrub from top to bottom. I’m stuck!!!!!

Might be a dead mouse behind your heat or somewhere else you don’t see

causemommysaid

Post Tue, Aug 03 2021, 5:25 pm
It's probably a dead animal in the vents.

amother
Blushpink

Post Tue, Aug 03 2021, 5:41 pm
once I was in a similar situation I was hunting and cleaning the room all day till I found what I was looking for- it was milk that had spilled on a blanket! good luck

amother
Cinnamon

Post Tue, Aug 03 2021, 5:52 pm
Dead animal in the walls. Or behind a dresser. Or a piece of fruit or mill behind a dresser or the like. I assume the smell isn't worse in the bathroom- if it is, there can be build up inside drains that can do this too.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Aug 03 2021, 5:58 pm
You need to investigate. Get down on your hands and knees, get up on a step stool. Sniff sniff sniff until you can figure out where it is coming from. I wish there was an easier way.
Once you get the area, you can figure out what it's coming from or if you need an HVAC guy, contractor, etc.

amother
Mintcream

Post Tue, Aug 03 2021, 6:39 pm
ra_mom wrote:
You need to investigate. Get down on your hands and knees, get up on a step stool. Sniff sniff sniff until you can figure out where it is coming from. I wish there was an easier way.
Once you get the area, you can figure out what it's coming from or if you need an HVAC guy, contractor, etc.

Yup sniff every inch on your hands and knees. I did this and found a dead mouse in the wall thatb was open for construction

luckymom1

Post Tue, Aug 03 2021, 6:40 pm
If it smells similar to urine, it may be mold- particularly in the roof

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Aug 03 2021, 6:41 pm
There are amazing odor neutralizing products on amazon. Look for pet odor remover

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 03 2021, 7:00 pm
It’s not a moldy smell. It’s like a strong strong stench that I can smell through my COVID blocked nose. I have been investigating the past two months literally hands and knees. I hope I don’t have to break apart any walls
I have central heat and ac so it’s not behind that.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Aug 03 2021, 7:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
It’s not a moldy smell. It’s like a strong strong stench that I can smell through my COVID blocked nose. I have been investigating the past two months literally hands and knees. I hope I don’t have to break apart any walls
I have central heat and ac so it’s not behind that.

Does anyone else smell it, or just you? (Asking because covid can cause a stench to come up in your nose about 2.5 - 3 months post covid that only the sufferer smells.)

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 03 2021, 7:47 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Does anyone else smell it, or just you? (Asking because covid can cause a stench to come up in your nose about 2.5 - 3 months post covid that only the sufferer smells.)

Good question! I know that my sense of smell can be off sometimes but when it’s really bad aka dirty diaper I smell it oh my !
I had COVID months and months back

snowflake1

Post Tue, Aug 03 2021, 8:23 pm
Is it a fishy smell? We had this from light fixtures and light bulbs that were eroding it was a new house or something weird that exterminator said sometimes happens
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics