Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
I need help losing weight… update
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 5:11 am
…But I hate dieting. I can’t be deprived from things I like, I don’t have that self control.

I usually lose weight after I stop nursing without much effort. This time, I’m working hard but I’m not seeing any results.

My baby is six months. I lost 25 pounds right away. Then, after a month I gained back ten pounds. I gain weight while nursing, so I wasn’t concerned.

I weaned when he was five months. Stopped eating so much. Started intermittent fasting, started walking a lot, exercising, cut out a lot of carbs, switched to whole wheat, drank a lot of water….

I still have my treats in moderation.

It’s been a whole month and while I lost inches I only lost one pound! I still look 6 months pregnant, my tighs are huge, my face is round as a tomato. I feel fat. I’m resentful.

I’m not on hormones. I’m watching what I eat more then I’ve ever watched. I’m not 30 yet. What’s going on?

dinglehopper

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 5:17 am
The only way to lose weight and kept it off is to change how you eat. Start tracking what you are eating and make small changes. Rice cakes instead of bread, vegetables instead of cheese, etc....

amother
Grape

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 5:50 am
I’m trying Noom at a friends recommendation .

amother
Strawberry

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 5:57 am
I did weight watchers because it’s not a diet. You can still have a slice of pizza, macaroni and cheese, a pastry… and as long as you measure and track all your food you will actually loose weight! I don’t feel deprived which was a big concern I had as I feel deprived about too much in my life already. Once you understand the program it’s easy to follow. I don’t walk around hungry. I recommend weight watchers and I’m actually pretty sure in 6 months from now you will be back here thanking me that you lost 25 pounds!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 6:00 am
dinglehopper wrote:
The only way to lose weight and kept it off is to change how you eat. Start tracking what you are eating and make small changes. Rice cakes instead of bread, vegetables instead of cheese, etc....

So I made changes. Lifestyle changes. I started working out. Instead of white bread I switched to whole wheat. Instead of snacking on cookies, I’ll eat fruit. I cut it sugary drinks, I only drink water. I walk a lot more, do Pilates.

Nothing doing Sad

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 6:01 am
amother [ Strawberry ] wrote:
I did weight watchers because it’s not a diet. You can still have a slice of pizza, macaroni and cheese, a pastry… and as long as you measure and track all your food you will actually loose weight! I don’t feel deprived which was a big concern I had as I feel deprived about too much in my life already. Once you understand the program it’s easy to follow. I don’t walk around hungry. I recommend weight watchers and I’m actually pretty sure in 6 months from now you will be back here thanking me that you lost 25 pounds!

Sounds like a diet to me…

I tried it once but it was very hard to keep track.

Thanks though Smile

amother
Feverfew

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 6:02 am
One time I Really lost weight but when I really tracked calories and realized what I was eating. Maybe even just do it for a week so that you know how many calories you're having and how many less you'd have to put in your body to lose weight.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 6:10 am
I’m really not a tracking Carlos person. I’m not a nice person when I’m hungry or deprived either.

I’m really really frustrated how far back having a baby sets me in every.single.area.

And the men go Scott free Surprised Banging head

amother
Strawberry

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 7:47 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Sounds like a diet to me…

I tried it once but it was very hard to keep track.

Thanks though Smile

It’s really easy these days. If you have an iPhone you just scan the barcode of the food you eat and it tracks for you. I never heard of a diet that allows pizza, pasta, ice cream etc… this is more of a way of life rather than a diet.
I also tried it once before and claimed it didn’t work. It’s because I didn’t want to figure out how to work it. It’s easy to say “oh, I tried this and it didn’t work for me”. It’s impossible that it wouldn’t work. Millions of people have lost weight over the years because it does work if you take a few days to figure out what you can eat.
If you’re not up to it emotionally that’s another story but it works very well without making a person feel deprived and like they are on a diet.
As a matter of fact, I’m about to eat a danish with a cup of coffee.
Later I will eat a weight watchers snack bag with a slice of cheese and some fruit.
For lunch I will have a cheese sandwich with lettuce and tomatoes. I will also have yogurt and a piece of chocolate.
Dinner I’m not sure about yet but there are so many options…

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 12:28 pm
amother [ Strawberry ] wrote:
It’s really easy these days. If you have an iPhone you just scan the barcode of the food you eat and it tracks for you. I never heard of a diet that allows pizza, pasta, ice cream etc… this is more of a way of life rather than a diet.
I also tried it once before and claimed it didn’t work. It’s because I didn’t want to figure out how to work it. It’s easy to say “oh, I tried this and it didn’t work for me”. It’s impossible that it wouldn’t work. Millions of people have lost weight over the years because it does work if you take a few days to figure out what you can eat.
If you’re not up to it emotionally that’s another story but it works very well without making a person feel deprived and like they are on a diet.
As a matter of fact, I’m about to eat a danish with a cup of coffee.
Later I will eat a weight watchers snack bag with a slice of cheese and some fruit.
For lunch I will have a cheese sandwich with lettuce and tomatoes. I will also have yogurt and a piece of chocolate.
Dinner I’m not sure about yet but there are so many options…

I’m happy it works for you but I have no patience. I tried it with a smartphone once before. I have an emotional blockage against anything to do with diets.

I’m asking for ideas on healthy habits that I can change that are manageable and make a difference.

amother
Narcissus

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 12:53 pm
I second weight watchers. I tried so many diets in the past, and I just don't have self control. Was so hard not being able to eat what I wanted. But WW is so different. It's amazing
Don't dismiss it so fast.

notshanarishona

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 12:58 pm
Start with adding a salad (preferably romaine) to every meal. It can help speed up your metabolism and fill you up

amother
Buttercup

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 1:17 pm
Check your thyroid
When I had this it was postpartum Thyroiditis
Check if you have thyroid antibodies

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 1:36 pm
I too was "doing the right things" with no change to the scale.

keep an honest food log for awhile then meet with a registered dietitian. your dietary proportions and nutrients may need some adjusting and a pro will know where to adjust. your body might need more actual nutrients than "diet food" so it will agree to let some weight go, but a pro can assess for sure and help you learn portions which might not be as you think. I was pissed the day I learned one bun is 2 for my plan, but later on I learned how to make a pizza and ice cream day work out with no issues. dietitians are not meanies. they want you to succeed at your weight loss goals while eating like a normal person with your family. I honestly told mine I was having a burger and beer with my dh for dinner and she helped me practice counting and logging it correctly and said: enjoy!

(and the scale is still trending downward!)

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 2:23 pm
notshanarishona wrote:
Start with adding a salad (preferably romaine) to every meal. It can help speed up your metabolism and fill you up

I do that already.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 2:25 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
I too was "doing the right things" with no change to the scale.

keep an honest food log for awhile then meet with a registered dietitian. your dietary proportions and nutrients may need some adjusting and a pro will know where to adjust. your body might need more actual nutrients than "diet food" so it will agree to let some weight go, but a pro can assess for sure and help you learn portions which might not be as you think. I was pissed the day I learned one bun is 2 for my plan, but later on I learned how to make a pizza and ice cream day work out with no issues. dietitians are not meanies. they want you to succeed at your weight loss goals while eating like a normal person with your family. I honestly told mine I was having a burger and beer with my dh for dinner and she helped me practice counting and logging it correctly and said: enjoy!

(and the scale is still trending downward!)

Thanks for the responding. I said upthread that I’m not looking for a diet. I’m looking for a healthy lifestyle. At this point I should be losing weight effortlessly. I’m working extra hard with no results. It’s depressing.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 2:27 pm
amother [ Buttercup ] wrote:
Check your thyroid
When I had this it was postpartum Thyroiditis
Check if you have thyroid antibodies

What does that mean?

I’m in a country that work very slowly. It will take me 2 months to see blood test results unfortunately.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 2:32 pm
amother [ Narcissus ] wrote:
I second weight watchers. I tried so many diets in the past, and I just don't have self control. Was so hard not being able to eat what I wanted. But WW is so different. It's amazing
Don't dismiss it so fast.

I third weight watchers. They have a few different plans now, and IIRC one of them lets you eat however/whatever you want from a preapproved list of foods (so lots of veggies, fruits, whole grains, proteins, etc). I wonder if that one would work for you since it feels like less of a diet.

Other things that worked for me: drink a glass of water before each meal. Have soup (not cream based) for lunch. Drink lots of tea, water, sparkling water during the day. Brush your teeth after every meal. Use small plates.

lamplighter

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 2:38 pm
Why do you think you should be losing weight effortlessly????

Losing weight takes effort.

The easiest and first place to look is at your portion sizes.

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 3:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks for the responding. I said upthread that I’m not looking for a diet. I’m looking for a healthy lifestyle. At this point I should be losing weight effortlessly. I’m working extra hard with no results. It’s depressing.

it isn't a "diet", I actually eat *more* than I was before, but do have to plan a little to hit my nutritional targets. just like you do worksheets in school to learn how to do skills, there's a bit of "plan"ning to learn a healthier lifestyle (and deprivation of key elements can hinder your progress, as you are observing)
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise