Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Cleaning help out. 2 FT working parents. How do people do it

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 7:53 am
I have a lady who comes to my house to watch my baby. She cleans for me when the baby naps and is able to fold laundry on the couch while he plays. She’s out for the week and I sent the baby out to someone to had an open slot for the week cuz another family went away.
I have a decent size house and 3 kids under 6. I work 5 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the evening. DH also works FT and his strength isn’t cleaning (he’s rather deal with the kids so I can do it)
After work I go straight to pickup my kids and then we come home I prepare dinner, feed them, we’ll play for an hr or so and then the bedtime rush begins and then work. I’ve read on ima that moms do this without any help. How do you manage?!? This entire week I haven’t sat down for a min! When I have my help, I don’t do a good clean up after breakfast or the bedrooms in the morning and after dinner I do the minimum amount and try to have everyone asleep in a timely manner so I can work in peace. My week bh hasn’t been stressful but it’s incredibly physically taxing to not have so much as a 15 min break in a 15 hour long day! If this is your norm, pls break it down for me! How do u do it?!

amother
Broom

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 8:09 am
For me?
I change adjust my standards/expectations accordingly!

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 8:13 am
1)we have lower expectations of what a clean home is
2)both spouses do their share of household duties. While I grocery shop, menu plan, and cook my husband does the laundry, ironing and most of the cleaning. All is done on weekends and evenings.

If finances are tight (as they are for me) couples figure out a system that works for them. Ours is finely honed and we actually never argue about household duties. We have a divide and conquer method based on each of our strengths. Given that you usually have a bit of help you’ve never had to come up with a system (of being proactive rather than reactive) and that’s why you feel the way you do. I’m not saying it’s easy or perfect by any means. And around big transitions like back to school or yomim tovim we are all taxed, but for regular weeks we make it work

amother
Black

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 8:42 am
It’s really hard. My dh is working most of the day and doesn’t help too much. The house doesn’t stay as clean I would like. In the summer I work less hours and am much more on top of things. It bothers me that things can’t be so neat during the year.
But it is what it is. I’m quite resentful about it but trying hard not to be

tichellady

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 9:39 am
Sounds like a lot and I don’t think you are doing anything wrong. It’s good to have help if you can afford it!

amother
Snow

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 9:46 am
We have pretty low standards.
Floor is washed and rugs vaccumed Friday afternoon. It's either swept or robovaccum every night. Dishes go in the dishwasher or wait a day or two till I get to them. Playroom is cleaned before shabbos and Sunday afternoon. Laudnry is folded Sunday as a family activity. Bathrooms get cleaned on a vacation day whenever there is one. And that's about it.

amother
Moccasin

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 9:50 am
Me and my DH both work full time and no cleaning help. This is what works for us:

-I am always straightening up/putting things away/wiping down counters so things don't build up
-roomba vacuums floors on main floor so I come home to clean floors. I bring it upstairs and basement once weekly
-heavy cleaning my husband does on Friday
-Kids choose something to clean on Friday and are in charge of their rooms. They are all under 10 but are all capable of helping
-laundry/linen done randomly throughout week and as needed
-house isn't sparkling clean but it's definitely more than acceptable
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics