Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Delivery to the Old City?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 1:24 pm
I have a relative staying at the Heritage House in the Old City and I want to send them some sort of care package. Are there any grocery stores, restaurants, small businesses etc etc that would deliver to there?

amother
Anemone

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 3:13 pm
Maybe one of the places in Mamilla, which isn't far from the Old City.

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 3:21 pm
There is a local makolet in the old city. See if they deliver within the old city.

amother
Wheat

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 3:40 pm
I think this guy does deliveries. He will collect from wherever you order and deliver it
Effie 058-501-2791

Elfrida

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 4:02 pm
I've never been very impressed by the makolets in the Old City. I don't know if they do any kind of delivery service, but they would have a pretty limited range of care package type supplies.

As far as delivery from outside the Old City goes, the best you can hope for is a delivery to the parking lot, and you have to meet them there to collect it.

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 4:36 pm
Elfrida wrote:
I've never been very impressed by the makolets in the Old City. I don't know if they do any kind of delivery service, but they would have a pretty limited range of care package type supplies.

As far as delivery from outside the Old City goes, the best you can hope for is a delivery to the parking lot, and you have to meet them there to collect it.
And its not even that easy. For a car to be allowed into the old city, of a non resident of the old city, there is a whole song and dance you have to do first. Someone in the old city has to call the security of the old city with the car type and license number of the car that needs to get in. And to also know between what hours. I worked in the old city a while ago. It was not fun. Forget about parking at all.

amother
Anemone

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 4:49 pm
OP, could your relative go to collect a prepaid gift from somewhere? Does it actually need to be delivered?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions