Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Ques about vaccines in general
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 9:33 am
So with all the Covid vax arguments here, it got me thinking.
Why is any vaccine( not Covid, rather all other vax) at all required to get into schools? Why isn’t it a choice always, your health, your choice.
Anyone who wants to be safe, takes the vaccines. Anyone who takes a risk, will not vaccinate. But they aren’t putting anyone into danger by not vaccinating. They are just choosing to take a risk for themselves.
So why did it become normal for everyone to vaccinate against many diseases in the last few decades or so?

Disclaimer: I am completely pro vax and am fully vaccinated, myself and my children. This is something I was just wondering about.

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 9:38 am
It the oldest question any anti vaxxer has asked. It remains unanswered. The vunerable kids....

#BestBubby

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 9:50 am
Because pharmaceutical industry paid politicians millions to make vaccine mandates for schools.

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 9:52 am
I didn't want to vaccinate. But I live in NY and was forced.

Read dissolving illusions by Dr. Susan Humphries and you'll be enlightened about the garbage pharmaceutical company

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 9:54 am
Because vaccines don't work on 100% of people (immunocompromised, young babies and a handful of just becauses). If we all do our part and get vaccinated, it protects the people who are doing their best and need our help.

True story time. For some reason I lose my measles immunity with every pregnancy. I've gotten more MMRs than anyone should need, but the fact is that for 9 months every 2 years or so I'm not immune to the measles, and then for the next year I have an infant not immune. So for 75% of the time, someone in my household isn't immune. I was pregnant during the last measles outbreak. The MMR is absolutely not safe during pregnancy. So for 7 months (I was already 2 months pregnant when the outbreak started) I was a sitting duck. With a child with antivax parents in my classroom. So now I had a choice every day of giving up my job or risking my unborn child. I had coworkers with unvaccinated infants at home who also weren't comfortable being near this kid. Fortunately the school told the parents the kid couldn't be in school without the vaccine so she did distance learning before it was a thing.

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 9:58 am
What about protecting all the kids who may be genetically sensitive to a bunch of shots that are not needed? There are so many instances nowadays of autism, autoimmune disorders etc. I don't believe at all they are not related. When we were kids we got 1/3 of the amount of shots and we all feel protected so why do out kids need so many?

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 9:59 am
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
What about protecting all the kids who may be genetically sensitive to a bunch of shots that are not needed? There are so many instances nowadays of autism, autoimmune disorders etc. I don't believe at all they are not related. When we were kids we got 1/3 of the amount of shots and we all feel protected so why do out kids need so many?

Money
Thats it

amother
Tomato

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 10:48 am
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
Because vaccines don't work on 100% of people (immunocompromised, young babies and a handful of just becauses). If we all do our part and get vaccinated, it protects the people who are doing their best and need our help.

True story time. For some reason I lose my measles immunity with every pregnancy. I've gotten more MMRs than anyone should need, but the fact is that for 9 months every 2 years or so I'm not immune to the measles, and then for the next year I have an infant not immune. So for 75% of the time, someone in my household isn't immune. I was pregnant during the last measles outbreak. The MMR is absolutely not safe during pregnancy. So for 7 months (I was already 2 months pregnant when the outbreak started) I was a sitting duck. With a child with antivax parents in my classroom. So now I had a choice every day of giving up my job or risking my unborn child. I had coworkers with unvaccinated infants at home who also weren't comfortable being near this kid. Fortunately the school told the parents the kid couldn't be in school without the vaccine so she did distance learning before it was a thing.
Pregnancy is a natural state of immunosuppression. That being said it’s entirely possible you remain immune despite low or negligible circulating antibodies. Also, natural measles infection confers more robust immunity than vaccines. You’re making a perfect case for natural infection during childhood.

amother
Grape

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 10:52 am
Finally this covid vaccine scam is making ppl open their eyes to the general vaccine scam

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 11:09 am
Wow, I’m actually shocked that there’s no good answer to this question. Then why all the pushback for anti-vaxers, I can totally understand them, although I don’t agree with them because I want to protect myself.

To say that it protects those vulnerable ones is not a good enough reason, because we never know what diseases vaccines brought upon us in the last few decades. Possible cancers, etc. So you can’t protect the vulnerable by vaxing, but make vaccinated people sick in the process, and just pretend it doesn’t happen.

hcrbg

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 11:17 am
Why do you think there is no more small pox or polio. It’s because there are vaccines for them. We have a vaccine for Covid to protect people. Those who have the vaccine protects them and others those who don’t vaccinate can c’v hurt the ones who can’t get vaccines. There is science and there is also hishtadlus. Yes they produced this vaccine in a hurry but when it helps and there are rabbanim behind it why wouldn’t you take it to help you and others around you.

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 11:17 am
amother [ Tomato ] wrote:
Pregnancy is a natural state of immunosuppression. That being said it’s entirely possible you remain immune despite low or negligible circulating antibodies. Also, natural measles infection confers more robust immunity than vaccines. You’re making a perfect case for natural infection during childhood.

Yes, pregnancy leaves women immunocompromised. In our community where we value big families and need mother's to work to pay tuition, that leaves a lot of immunocompromised people in the general population.

No harm in natural infection... Tell that to my grandmother who lost 2 pregnancies from viruses we immunize for today. (one when she got rubella and the other when she got regular measles). She never got them as a kid, so when her kids brought them home from school she caught them.

amother
Anemone

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 11:20 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Wow, I’m actually shocked that there’s no good answer to this question. Then why all the pushback for anti-vaxers, I can totally understand them, although I don’t agree with them because I want to protect myself.

To say that it protects those vulnerable ones is not a good enough reason, because we never know what diseases vaccines brought upon us in the last few decades. Possible cancers, etc. So you can’t protect the vulnerable by vaxing, but make vaccinated people sick in the process, and just pretend it doesn’t happen.

The covid vaccine doesnt have long term studies and is not fda approved (nor should it be approved without the long term studies). No one knows what will happen to covid vaccinated people in two years from now but we do know that its not working in the short term either. Israel is talking about more lockdowns even though most of those eligible for the vaccine are vaccinated. So to continue pushing a vaccine that doesnt have studies and isnt working is abusive and unethical.

Cant talk for any other vaccine because I am not an anti-vaxxer even if some people try to claim that I am when its clear that I am not and even take the flu shot every year even if its not mandatory.

Either way, if the covid vaccine protects you and provides you with immunity then you shouldnt be afraid what anyone else does. So why all the fuss from vaccinated people demanding that everyone else get vaccinated? Either it works and you are immune so go live your life or it doesnt work so stop forcing everyone else to take it. You cant have it both ways.

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 11:21 am
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
Yes, pregnancy leaves women immunocompromised. In our community where we value big families and need mother's to work to pay tuition, that leaves a lot of immunocompromised people in the general population.

No harm in natural infection... Tell that to my grandmother who lost 2 pregnancies from viruses we immunize for today. (one when she got rubella and the other when she got regular measles). She never got them as a kid, so when her kids brought them home from school she caught them.

And I lost a pregnancy because of an immunization.

amother
Thistle

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 11:24 am
hcrbg wrote:
Why do you think there is no more small pox or polio. It’s because there are vaccines for them. We have a vaccine for Covid to protect people. Those who have the vaccine protects them and others those who don’t vaccinate can c’v hurt the ones who can’t get vaccines. There is science and there is also hishtadlus. Yes they produced this vaccine in a hurry but when it helps and there are rabbanim behind it why wouldn’t you take it to help you and others around you.

The conspiracy theorists out there claim the delta variant is the vaccine.
For the past year and half I’ve been watching “conspiracies” come true one by one.
The narrative is failing. Most of the hospitalizations over the last month we’re fully vaccinated.
They’re pushing vaccines on everyone all the while saying that further studies are showing immunity for approx 4 months.
Is that ok? Does anyone think it’s ok to have to take this vaccine twice a year?
Does anyone else hear the double talk?

LovesHashem

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 11:25 am
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:

Mental health and developmental disorders are more widely diagnosed nowadays due to more information that's accessible to more people, not shoving children in the basement, more access to medical care and mental health, and for many other reasons as well.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 11:27 am
hcrbg wrote:

You're still not answering the question as to why vaxxers are so concerned about the anti vaxxers. The vaxxers are protected, why are they so concerned about those who don't vax? Is it really because of the miniscule percentage of people who would like to but can't vax? That seems unlikely as that number is tiny. What's more is that we keep hearing the contradiction: The vaccine works! But person "A" needs to vax or person "B" is at risk even though she's already vaxxed.

FWIW I am fully vaccinated.

fleetwood

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 11:35 am
Thisisnotmyreal wrote:
And I lost a pregnancy because of an immunization.

Sorry to hear. Which vaccine was it?

fleetwood

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 11:40 am
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
You're still not answering the question as to why vaxxers are so concerned about the anti vaxxers. The vaxxers are protected, why are they so concerned about those who don't vax? Is it really because of the miniscule percentage of people who would like to but can't vax? That seems unlikely as that number is tiny. What's more is that we keep hearing the contradiction: The vaccine works! But person "A" needs to vax or person "B" is at risk even though she's already vaxxed.

FWIW I am fully vaccinated.

Vaxxers aren't concerned about the antivaxxers. We don't constantly start threads about vaccines. It's the other way around. The antivaxxers are way more vocal,and I don't know why. Why do they care if we are vaccinated?

#BestBubby

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 11:45 am
If vaxxers were not concerned about anti-vaxxers there would not be any coerced (mandated) vaccines!
Page 1 of 10   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Recent Topics