Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Ques about vaccines in general
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next

amother
Natural

Post Fri, Aug 06 2021, 5:21 pm
southernbubby wrote:
But what are we looking for that we don't already know regarding unvaccinated people? We know death rates for every age. We have an idea of how many people each infected person spreads the virus to. I am not sure what a control group of unvaccinated people can tell us that we don't already know.

Why are you so sensible? You're messing with the propaganda and faulty science!

Isn't it much better for people who have little scientific knowledge to make demands what kind of studies would be considered acceptable? Even more so, doesn't it make sense that people who say we have the science all wrong, are the ones clamoring for the science's long term studies!?

Don't ruin it for them!

amother
Anemone

Post Fri, Aug 06 2021, 5:22 pm
fleetwood wrote:
Let's be honest... whoever won't get the vaccine now will never get it,no matter what. Like those who refuse to get the flu vaccine even though it's been available for 20 years.

I take the yearly flu vaccine. But I wont take the covid vaccine at least not right now. But I'll tell you what, since you want me to take the covid vaccine so badly then lets make a deal. If the vaccine company and all their stockholders agree to forgo the billions of dollars they are making (and give up the billions they already made) and give all those money to people facing eviction or homelessness AND accept for liability for any adverse reactions to the covid vaccine then I will take the covid vaccine. Do you think for one minute that the vaccine companies or their stockholders would agree to such a deal if getting people vaccinated with a safe and effective drug is more important to them than money?

fleetwood

Post Fri, Aug 06 2021, 5:25 pm
amother [ Anemone ] wrote:
I take the yearly flu vaccine. But I wont take the covid vaccine at least not right now. But I'll tell you what, since you want me to take the covid vaccine so badly then lets make a deal. If the vaccine company and all their stockholders agree to forgo the billions of dollars they are making (and already made) and give all those money to people facing eviction or homelessness AND accept for liability for any adverse reactions to the covid vaccine then I will take the covid vaccine. Do you think for one minute that the vaccine companies or their stockholders would agree to such a deal if getting people vaccinated with a safe and effective drug is more important to them than money?

I always post under my screen name..feel free to look up all my posts where I state that I don't care if you don't take the vaccine. I've never pushed the vaccine and honestly could care less what you do . DO WHAT YOU WANT, all you anonymous amothers...we don't care!!

amother
Cadetblue

Post Fri, Aug 06 2021, 5:25 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
Why are you so sensible? You're messing with the propaganda and faulty science!

Isn't it much better for people who have little scientific knowledge to make demands what kind of studies would be considered acceptable? Even more so, doesn't it make sense that people who say we have the science all wrong, are the ones clamoring for the science's long term studies!?

Don't ruin it for them!

Studies were created in a certain way to get objective data. It has been used in the medical field for years to prove efficacy and to demonstrate side effects. All of a sudden, we should be forgoing studies? Do you think we don't need studies anymore in general or just for the covid vaccine?

amother
Natural

Post Fri, Aug 06 2021, 5:27 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Again, there have been STUDIES. The studies have not been conducted over many years because the phases were collapsed, occurring simultaneously instead of seriatim.

Researchers have been studying and working with mRNA vaccines for decades. mRNA vaccines have been studied before for influenza, Zika and rabies. Beyond vaccines, cancer research has used mRNA to trigger the immune system to target specific cancer cells.

Also remember that vaccines are just designed to deliver a payload and then are quickly eliminated by the body. That's particularly true of the mRNA vaccines, as mRNA degrades incredibly rapidly. All that's left is the body's defense against covid.

With mass vaccination, we are seeing the rare side effects. Eg, there are about 100 reports out of 12.8 million shots given in the United States associating the J&J vaccine is associated with Guillan-Barré syndrome. But its within a short period, as you would expect.

So what is there to cause a long-term side effect that doesn't show up for years, as anti-vaxxers posit?

Real question, by the way. What's the science of a side effect in 5 years, or 10, as that's your concern?

Again with the facts and the scientific knowledge!! Do you understand that the truth is not wanted, only stuff to confirm their biases is what is being asked for?

Smile - but I'll add to your post anyways. There have been so many medical advances, that the studies today can quickly accomplish what took years to do so previously. Nowadays, with can quickly detect minute changes in the body microscopically, and we don't need to wait for the macroscopic changes to appear. Also, never before in history has the worldwide focused en-masse on one thing. The information collected by now rivals any other vaccine by far.

amother
Anemone

Post Fri, Aug 06 2021, 5:30 pm
fleetwood wrote:
I always post under my screen name..feel free to look up all my posts where I state that I don't care if you don't take the vaccine. I've never pushed the vaccine and honestly could care less what you do . DO WHAT YOU WANT, all you anonymous amothers...we don't care!!

So why are you on this thread? LOL
The question or deal still applies to other posters who are pushing this covid vaccine. I hope the vaccine companies or govt is paying them good money for all the time they put in trying to convince people to take a drug that doesnt have real scientific studies to ensure that its safe and effective especially in the long run.

amother
Natural

Post Fri, Aug 06 2021, 5:31 pm
amother [ Cadetblue ] wrote:
Studies were created in a certain way to get objective data. It has been used in the medical field for years to prove efficacy and to demonstrate side effects. All of a sudden, we should be forgoing studies? Do you think we don't need studies anymore in general or just for the covid vaccine?

Where did I say you should forgo studies. I just mentioned that its so very interesting that the ones who are saying the science is all wrong, are demanding the very same science to do the long term studies. You can't pick and choose. If you don't trust the results of the science now, what will make you trust the science then? People are just using the long term studies as an excuse for their anti-vax stance. And once the long-term studies come out, they'll just say the science is all wrong and come up with another excuse.

amother
Cadetblue

Post Fri, Aug 06 2021, 5:33 pm
The question or deal still applies to other posters who are pushing this covid vaccine. I hope the vaccine companies or govt is paying them good money for all the time they put in trying to convince people to take a drug that doesnt have real scientific studies to ensure that its safe and effective especially in the long run.

Because they obviously do care. If you didn't care, why would you say you think vaccines should be mandated? If you don't care what others do, why do you think everyone should be forced to get it in certain settings?

amother
Anemone

Post Fri, Aug 06 2021, 5:33 pm
Again with the facts and the scientific knowledge!! Do you understand that the truth is not wanted, only stuff to confirm their biases is what is being asked for?

Smile - but I'll add to your post anyways. There have been so many medical advances, that the studies today can quickly accomplish what took years to do so previously. Nowadays, with can quickly detect minute changes in the body microscopically, and we don't need to wait for the macroscopic changes to appear. Also, never before in history has the worldwide focused en-masse on one thing. The information collected by now rivals any other vaccine by far.

I guess you never did research before but I did and this is not how scientific studies are conducted. But you are free to keep mocking posters who want to wait for the longer term studies to come out before they run and take a new drug that hasnt been tested long term on people before being distributed to the public.

amother
Natural

Post Fri, Aug 06 2021, 5:36 pm
I take the yearly flu vaccine. But I wont take the covid vaccine at least not right now. But I'll tell you what, since you want me to take the covid vaccine so badly then lets make a deal. If the vaccine company and all their stockholders agree to forgo the billions of dollars they are making (and give up the billions they already made) and give all those money to people facing eviction or homelessness AND accept for liability for any adverse reactions to the covid vaccine then I will take the covid vaccine. Do you think for one minute that the vaccine companies or their stockholders would agree to such a deal if getting people vaccinated with a safe and effective drug is more important to them than money?

Hmm. I'll give you one better. Not only should the pharmaceuticals work around the clock and expend all kinds of resources over many months for free, the doctors should work for free. The nurses should work for free. The hospitals should give all their services for free. The manufacturers should manufacture supplies and vents for free. After all, health is more important than money.

amother
Natural

Post Fri, Aug 06 2021, 5:38 pm
I guess you never did research before but I did and this is not how scientific studies are conducted. But you are free to keep mocking posters who want to wait for the longer term studies to come out before they run and take a new drug that hasnt been tested long term on people before being distributed to the public.

That's the funniest line yet. I AM in research. That's what I do for a living. But thank you for informing me how research should be done. It's always good to hear advice from self-proclaimed experts.

fleetwood

Post Fri, Aug 06 2021, 5:38 pm

Im on this thread Bec it is entertaining..

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Aug 06 2021, 5:39 pm
Hmm. I'll give you one better. Not only should the pharmaceuticals work around the clock and expend all kinds of resources over many months for free, the doctors should work for free. The nurses should work for free. The hospitals should give all their services for free. The manufacturers should manufacture supplies and vents for free. After all, health is more important than money.

Better yet. I don't know what Anemone does for a living, but not only should she do it for free, she should put millions of dollars into her business with no hope of ever recovering it, just to prove she's serious. Otherwise, no one should use her services. Because once you have to pay, you know its no good.

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Aug 06 2021, 5:41 pm
That's the funniest line yet. I AM in research. That's what I do for a living. But thank you for informing me how research should be done. It's always good to hear advice from self-proclaimed experts.

So you don't get paid for your work, demonstrating that its real?

amother
Natural

Post Fri, Aug 06 2021, 5:42 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Better yet. I don't know what Anemone does for a living, but not only should she do it for free, she should put millions of dollars into her business with no hope of ever recovering it, just to prove she's serious. Otherwise, no one should use her services. Because once you have to pay, you know its no good.

You're right. This is even better! Amenone, it's time to put your money where your mouth is. What kind of business/work do you have/do? I'd love to get some free goods or services.

amother
Anemone

Post Fri, Aug 06 2021, 5:43 pm

Hospitals, doctors and nurses can generally be held liable for things (also known as medical malpractice which they are usually insured for). They also dont generally have investors who are making billions of dollars off of them either. And you can always go to a different doctor or hospital for a second opinion if need be. All this differs from the vaccine companies who have no liabilities and cant be held accountable for anything while they and their stockholders (why is something in the medical field in the stock market?) are making billions of taxdollars. Which is where the deal comes in, let them not make any of these billions of dollars (even if you pay $1 dollar for every vaccine they would still make millions so maybe that would be an option as well) and let them be liable for any adverse reactions people have from the covid vaccine then I will take the covid vaccine. Do you think for one minute that the vaccine companies or their stockholders would agree to this deal?

amother
Natural

Post Fri, Aug 06 2021, 5:43 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
So you don't get paid for your work, demonstrating that its real?

Please don't give my bosses any ideas. I do need to feed my kids! I'll be very altruistic and say, that I can forgo feeding myself. But I can't put that on my kids too.

amother
Natural

Post Fri, Aug 06 2021, 5:47 pm
Hospitals, doctors and nurses can generally be held liable for things (also known as medical malpractice which they are usually insured for). They also dont generally have investors who are making billions of dollars off of them either. And you can always go to a different doctor or hospital for a second opinion if need be. All this differs from the vaccine companies who have no liabilities and cant be held accountable for anything while they and their stockholders (why is something in the medical field in the stock market?) are making billions of taxdollars. Which is where the deal comes in, let them not make any of these billions of dollars (even if you pay $1 dollar for every vaccine they would still make millions so maybe that would be an option as well) and let them be liable for any adverse reactions people have from the covid vaccine then I will take the covid vaccine. Do you think for one minute that the vaccine companies or their stockholders would agree to this deal?

Um.. you do realize that all that was waived for the Covid response? If you want people to go all out and above and beyond when an emergency situation like this occurs, you have to relax the rules. Otherwise, it would be impossible to come up with an emergency response to tackle the emergency. Emergency situations call for emergency response, and you have to make exceptions.

Furthermore, more resources and money was dumped into the medical system so that they can tackle the pandemic. Should those billions not have been offered to them, and have left them struggling to provide the extra care?

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Aug 06 2021, 5:49 pm
Please don't give my bosses any ideas. I do need to feed my kids! I'll be very altruistic and say, that I can forgo feeding myself. But I can't put that on my kids too.

And yet you demand that vaccine makers do so.

amother
Natural

Post Fri, Aug 06 2021, 5:50 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
And yet you demand that vaccine makers do so.

I'm thinking you didn't mean me, and meant the other amothers?
Page 8 of 10   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Recent Topics