Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Ques about vaccines in general
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10

amother
Natural

Post Fri, Aug 06 2021, 6:38 pm
exaustedmom wrote:
Publicly. Google it. You won't be sorry! LOL

Just did Smile - oh my goodness!

amother
Cadetblue

Post Fri, Aug 06 2021, 6:39 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
Guys, you are arguing over nothing. The white house (biden) just announced that 350 Americans have been vaccinated. Since the US population is only 328 million, it seems that at this point everyone is vaxxed and then some.

True. Let's keep trusting Biden and since 350 million Americans were fully vaccinated we should be covid free in no time. I guess unless people come in from the Southern border with it and spread it.

southernbubby

Post Fri, Aug 06 2021, 6:43 pm
I looked it up and she is right that pharmaceutical companies are profiteering to the point that poor countries can't buy it. Each dose cost $1.20 to make and Israel paid $24 per dose.
They have to lower the cost because whole poor countries will catch the virus and spread mutations to vaccinated countries and eventually other means will have to be developed if the vaccines become ineffective. If pharmaceutical companies don't lower their prices, eventually countries will be forced to find another solution and the pharmaceutical companies will lose as a result.

tryinghard

Post Fri, Aug 06 2021, 7:55 pm
For those who are adamant that everyone must get vaxxed:
1) what do you think now that CDC director Rochelle Walensky said “what the vaccines can’t do anymore is prevent transmission”. Why should it make a difference whether someone is vaccinated or not, if it comes down to personal protection?

2) I have been advised by two doctors NOT to take it. I don’t have any major medical conditions, thank God. But I have natural immunity and the risk of adverse effects is higher for me than risks of Covid. But they cannot issue medical exemptions for me, because they are not permitted to use their professional and medical judgement to say so. Doctors are under massive scrutiny for exemptions and they can’t issue more than a tiny handful, no matter how many patients they think should not be taking it.
Do you think I should be forced to take it anyway?

southernbubby

Post Sat, Aug 07 2021, 11:09 pm
tryinghard wrote:
1) what do you think now that CDC director Rochelle Walensky said “what the vaccines can’t do anymore is prevent transmission”. Why should it make a difference whether someone is vaccinated or not, if it comes down to personal protection?

2) I have been advised by two doctors NOT to take it. I don’t have any major medical conditions, thank God. But I have natural immunity and the risk of adverse effects is higher for me than risks of Covid. But they cannot issue medical exemptions for me, because they are not permitted to use their professional and medical judgement to say so. Doctors are under massive scrutiny for exemptions and they can’t issue more than a tiny handful, no matter how many patients they think should not be taking it.

To be clear, the vaccine does seem to make the virus milder and even though it spreads, it may be less apt to rapidly mutate like what is happening in countries with rampant disease.

amother
Smokey

Post Sat, Aug 07 2021, 11:09 pm
tryinghard wrote:

Of course you shouldn’t be forced. People are losing their right to choose what happens to their bodies. Doctors are being heavily censored and under extreme pressure to advise patients to do that which goes against their professional medical assessments. The science is 100% behind the fact that recovery from Covid provides the same or even greater immunity to Covid than the vaccine. And yet millions of people who have recovered from Covid are being forced to vaccinate with a non-FDA approved vaccine.

mommy3b2c

Post Sat, Aug 07 2021, 11:21 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
I'm sure that YOU are fully vaccinated, as your parents were less likely to fall prey to anti-science drivel and conspiracy theories. That tells me nothing at all about YOUR beliefs.

You are dismissing very legitimate and science-based concerns out of hand, while falling prey to conspiracy theories with no basis.

We all know that vaccines are not 100% effective. Some people can be vaccinated and not develop immunity. Some people are or become immunocompromised due to medication or medical treatment (eg, chemo). And for some people, vaccination is contraindicated due to allergies or other medical issues. It is out of a real concern for these people, as well as maintaining herd immunity, that vaccinations are mandated in schools. We look out for our most vulnerable, as a society, and as Jews.

As to autism, I genuinely daven that Andrew Wakefield burns in h3ll for all eternity. Even if that's not a Jewish concept. The anti-vax conspiracy theorists worship him and spew contempt at "Big Pharma" because of financial interests, ignoring the fact that Wakefield was paid by attorneys to find a link between autism and MMR. Wakefield's associates admit that several elements in their paper were incorrect. That they conducted invasive investigations on the children without obtaining the necessary ethical clearances. That they engaged in scientific misrepresentation by reporting that their sampling was consecutive when, in fact, it was selective. They picked and chose data that suited their case, and when that wasn't enough; they falsified facts. There is absolutely nothing valid in that piece of fiction that masqueraded as a report.

And, indeed, no one has ever been able to repeat it. Not for lack of trying.

Still, it created a group of fanatics searching for something to pin on MMR. ITS THE THIMEROSAL, they claimed. Until autism rates continued to rise after thimerosal was removed. Then it HAD to be something else. Because they just could not admit that they were wrong.

All that time, all that money, spent on a fraud, instead of something that might be useful.

I don’t disagree with anything you wrote, but don’t you see the difference between the Covid vaccine and all the rest ?

I don’t really care if anyone takes it or doesn’t take it (my husband took it back in February) but I don’t want to take it because I had Covid and there’s really not enough research to prove that it’s safe.

amother
Cerise

Post Sat, Aug 07 2021, 11:31 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
I don’t disagree with anything you wrote, but don’t you see the difference between the Covid vaccine and all the rest ?

I don’t really care if anyone takes it or doesn’t take it (my husband took it back in February) but I don’t want to take it because I had Covid and there’s really not enough research to prove that it’s safe.

Same here

Most of the unvaccinated people I know are pro vaccinations in general.

And everyone's children are fully vaxxed. These are not anti vaxxers. Just not comfortable with the covid vaccine.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Aug 08 2021, 12:04 am
Not everyone agrees that natural immunity is as protective as that immunity plus the vaccine:

CLARKSTOWN
Daily Voice
Search
MENU
SATURDAY, AUG 7Fair 77°

NEWS
COVID-19: Unvaccinated Are More Than Twice As Likely To Get Virus A Second Time, CDC Says
Zak Failla 08/07/2021 4:00 p.m.

coronavirus
coronavirus Photo Credit: Pixabay
A new study by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) found that COVID-19 vaccines offer better and more protection against reinfection of the virus than just natural immunity among those who already have been infected.

On Friday, Aug. 6, the CDC released the findings of a new study of nearly 1,000 Americans who previously tested positive for COVID-19 but remained unvaccinated.

According to the study, those who were unvaccinated proved to be more than twice as likely to become infected for a second time than those who were fully vaccinated against the virus.

ADVERTISING

Researchers said that the test subjects were all 18 or older and had previous COVID-19 infections in 2020 before experiencing a second infection between May and June 2021, which aligns with the emergence and spread of the delta variant.

SPONSORED CONTENT
If You Cope with OAB Symptoms, it’s Time to Talk to...
By Urovant
The findings found that the vaccination serves as an extra layer of protection against reinfection, even among those who had already contracted COVID-19. The study comes as the country contends with the more transmissible Delta strain, which has caused the number of new cases to surge in recent weeks.

In all, those involved in the study who were not vaccinated had 2.34 times the odds of reinfection compared to those who were fully vaccinated, according to the report.

"If you have had COVID-19 before, please still get vaccinated,” CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky said in a statement. “Getting the vaccine is the best way to protect yourself and others around you, especially as the more contagious delta variant spreads around the country.”

In the study, researchers also made note that the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are 96 percent effective in adults between the ages of 65 and 74, and more than 90 percent in the elderly over the age of 75.

Johnson & Johnson’s vaccine has shown to be 85 percent effective in both of those age groups.

The new study adds to existing evidence that found vaccinated people who get infected are more likely to have milder and shorter illnesses compared to the unvaccinated.

“People should be reassured that if they are fully vaccinated that they are very likely, highly likely, to be protected against severe or critical illness, the kind of illness that would cause them to be hospitalized or killed by this virus,” Dr. Paul Offit, a vaccine expert at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, told The Washington Post. “Vaccines save your life.”

Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.

Share this story

COMMENT0
Follow Zak Failla on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and Instagram

LIFESTYLE CONTENT PARTNERSHIP
Most Strokes Are Preventable
by Dr. Serulle, Interventional Neuroradiology and Neuroendovascular Surgery, Phelps Hospital Northwell Health
Content Partner:
Phelps Hospital

#BestBubby

Post Sun, Aug 08 2021, 12:09 am
tryinghard wrote:

This is Tyranny!

Doctors are threatened that they cannot give their true medical opinion to patients!!!

southernbubby

Post Sun, Aug 08 2021, 12:09 am
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
Of course you shouldn’t be forced. People are losing their right to choose what happens to their bodies. Doctors are being heavily censored and under extreme pressure to advise patients to do that which goes against their professional medical assessments. The science is 100% behind the fact that recovery from Covid provides the same or even greater immunity to Covid than the vaccine. And yet millions of people who have recovered from Covid are being forced to vaccinate with a non-FDA approved vaccine.

I see people being persuaded, pressured and coerced but at least in America, millions are not being forced. A lot of people want the vaccine and don't trust natural immunity the same way that people get several colds every year or get a new flu shot yearly.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Aug 08 2021, 12:17 am
#BestBubby wrote:
This is Tyranny!

Doctors are threatened that they cannot give their true medical opinion to patients!!!

There was a guy in the news recently, who spent lots of time trying to dissuade people from taking the vaccine and when he first got coronavirus, he made light of it but then his body was wracked with pain and his wife also got it and went to the hospital. He died at home alone in his own bed and his wife is now a vaccine advocate. At least the hospital didn't kill him.
Maybe the doctors really believe that the vaccine saves lives.

amother
Anemone

Post Sun, Aug 08 2021, 12:33 am
southernbubby wrote:
There was a guy in the news recently, who spent lots of time trying to dissuade people from taking the vaccine an d when he first got coronavirus, he made light of it but then his body was wracked with pain and his wife also got it and went to the hospital. He died at home alone in his own bed and his wife is now a vaccine advocate. At least the hospital didn't kill him.

Reba McEntire is fully vaccinated and got covid anyway. The covid vaccine doesnt prevent you from getting covid. It also doesnt prevent you from having symptoms and/or being hospitalized.
So how do you know that the covid vaccine works when many people never had symptoms and were never hospitalized before the vaccines came out?

And for the record, there are no studies proving that recovered people need vaccines nor are there studies that 3 shots are required. But somehow that doesnt prevent the govt and the media from pushing the vaccine regardless. And of course, the regular studies were unblinded so there is no way to see if the vaccine is safe and effective and for how long since there is no control group to compare it to which is what usually happens in real scientific studies (and btw, many of us have no problem being in the control group if you would only stop pushing us to take a vaccine that lacks scientific data that its safe and effective). So as of right now, nothing about this vaccine is scientific and the vaccine companies and their stockholders are laughing all the way to the bank as they are raking in billions without any liability whatsoever (like people wont even buy clothing without being able to return it and get their money back but have to inject themselves with drugs and not have a way to sue if something goes wrong).
And there are cheap life saving medications that work and can save lives but that has been banned or is not being given at the right time when the person is first diagnosed. I dont think I have seen anything this sad and pathetic and yet people keep defending it because around 4 million people died (many from hospital neglect and govt mismanagement ) while over 190 million recovered. Makes you want to wonder why vaccinated people push so hard for everyone else to take drugs instead of just relaxing and living life because they are protected. But the more they push, the more they prove that the vaccine doesnt work so not sure why anyone would want to take it. Let those who dont want to take it be in the control group and then we will compare them in a couple of years to those who took the vaccine and we will see if its safe and effective. That is the only way to complete this study to ensure that the vaccine is safe and effective before more people take it.

#BestBubby

Post Sun, Aug 08 2021, 12:42 am
southernbubby wrote:
There was a guy in the news recently, who spent lots of time trying to dissuade people from taking the vaccine and when he first got coronavirus, he made light of it but then his body was wracked with pain and his wife also got it and went to the hospital. He died at home alone in his own bed and his wife is now a vaccine advocate. At least the hospital didn't kill him.

And I can quote you stories about pro-vaxxers who died from the vaccine.

My point was that doctors who really believe that the vaccine is really dangerous
for their patient are not allowed to give them a medical exemption!
Page 10 of 10   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 Recent Topics