Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Bugaboo fox/and verse doona

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 5:19 pm
Hi,

I have been waiting a long time to get pregnant, bh due in 6 weeks and trying to finalize what stroller to buy.

I know the bugaboo is expensive but I want to treat myself to it as I have been waiting a long time to have children.

I am thinking about getting the ant carseat as its convenient.

Do I then need the doona as well?

We will do a lot of travelling by plane as we live out of town and in laws live in town.
If I bring the ant carseat on the plane, can I put the bassinet under the plane?

Thanks so much

amother
Lotus

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 5:26 pm
The bugaboo ant is a travel stroller. Bugaboo carseat is called bugaboo turtle. I personally found it more convenient to click the carseat on the bugaboo frame. I don't like the position of the doona and I wanted the basket space of the bugaboo.

scintilla

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 5:29 pm
I'm not sure if this answers your question, but I traveled earlier in the summer with the doona and it was the most convenient thing ever. Carseat in the uber, stroller in the airport, back to carseat in the plane and stroller in my long stopover. But we also didn't check bags; if you're checking in luggage it may not be such a difference.

HonesttoGod

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 6:26 pm
If you’re flying with a car seat you have to either buy a seat for it or hope for a spare one next to you. If not you have to check it, which isn’t the safest thing for the car seat.

That said I also prefer a stroller with a car seat to attach over the doona.

amother
Steelblue

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 6:46 pm
If you travel a lot and you plan to buy they baby a seat
- the Donna till 1 years old
- the Britax plus the wheels after a year (I can post a link)

If you don’t want to buy the baby a seat (until 2 years old) then buy either the yo-yo which can go In the overhead compartment or any other travel stroller. Wheel the baby in the airport and then baby will sit on ur lap on the flight

Britax Car Seat Travel Cart | Adjustable Handle + Compact Fold + Fits in Airplane Overhead Bin https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005.....SVS7J

The bugaboo fox is really nice. NOT for travel.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 7:31 pm
Thanks all

Cookin4days

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 8:08 pm
Have the doona thought I would HATE it but surprisingly soo convenient for running errands and traveling. It can be heavy and annoying getting in and out of car but other then that it’s quick 1 2 3

Cookin4days

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 8:09 pm
Also I want to add for the doona it’s really best for travel since you can easily slip it in and out of other cars/Uber’s without needing to attach to its base.

Window

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 11:38 pm
You can really travel with either.
It’s nice to have your good stroller at your destination. Though, they sometimes get ruined on flights.
In my experience, they never let me bring my travel stroller onto the plane, even though it fits into the thing. So I always gate check it. It’s pretty simple to do that. And then you just carry the car seat from the entrance of the plane to your seat.
I’d pick a car seat based on car seat features/compatibility with your car as opposed to focusing on its stroller abilities.
It’s very possible to fly without a doona. Not a necessity at all.

Window

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 11:39 pm
Cookin4days wrote:
Also I want to add for the doona it’s really best for travel since you can easily slip it in and out of other cars/Uber’s without needing to attach to its base.

All infant seats can be installed without the base. I believe there’s only one exception on the market that requires the base.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 11:46 pm
scintilla wrote:
I'm not sure if this answers your question, but I traveled earlier in the summer with the doona and it was the most convenient thing ever. Carseat in the uber, stroller in the airport, back to carseat in the plane and stroller in my long stopover. But we also didn't check bags; if you're checking in luggage it may not be such a difference.

You travelled with an infant and didnt Check bags? How did you manage that?

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 11:48 pm
I’d never travel with a stroller that cost more than $200. BH am well travelled and babies have been to many countries, but our heavy sturdy $500 citi select stays home; not worth the risk of damage.

scintilla

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 11:59 pm
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
You travelled with an infant and didnt Check bags? How did you manage that?

I wasn't bringing any food for the time there and we bought diapers and wipes at our destination, so it was just a matter of packing light & doing laundry there! We each brought a carry on and a big backpack as our personal item.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Fri, Aug 06 2021, 12:09 am
scintilla wrote:
I wasn't bringing any food for the time there and we bought diapers and wipes at our destination, so it was just a matter of packing light & doing laundry there! We each brought a carry on and a big backpack as our personal item.

That is absolutely incredible to me! We pack more for a day trip lol
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics