Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Mountain buggy duet vs valco snap duo

Which one?
Mountain buggy duet  
 52%  [ 9 ]
Valco snap duo  
 47%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 17

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 08 2021, 9:20 am
Looking for a double stroller for twins; I live in an elevator building and do a lot of walking and shopping in narrow Brooklyn stores so I've been leaning towards the duet, but I've also heard it's just too narrow as they get older? They're 5 months now, on the smaller side. I really value maneuverability and push; I would get the donkey but we can't afford it (have the fox for my singleton). We don't have a car and my building doesn't have steps so I don't know how much of a concern weight is, since I don't see myself needing to lift the stroller much.

Advice please:) thanks in advance!

amother
Stoneblue

Post Sun, Aug 08 2021, 10:13 am
I'll be honest that I haven't really used the valco but I do know it's wider than the duet. I had the duet and for the most part I loved it. It's narrower than your bugaboo single (honestly I checked it) and has a really neat turning circle which is useful in narrow stores. Yes the seats are narrower than some other side by sides but I never found my kids minded. My well sized 5yo would sometimes sit in it and she was fine. And if you're saying your kids aren't big I wouldn't worry about that.
What I disliked about the duet was it was very large folded and heavy to lift in and out of the car. But since we didn't have a car and I walked everywhere it wasn't an issue for me most of the time. I could fit my weekly shop in the basket underneath and the kids were really comfortable in the seats. And you really don't feel the weight of the duet when pushing-it's a really smooth push and great on rough terrain- offroad or uneven sidewalks. The only time you feel the weight is when lifting it up (like in and out a car)

#Happymom

Post Sun, Aug 08 2021, 12:53 pm
I have the duet and I love it! my kids are big, three years and one and a half and they fit in fine. it's amazingly narrow, you'll be surprised how many spaces you'll be able to get into! also, it's big when folding in the car, but for walking around and shopping, it's fantastic

monkeyland

Post Sun, Aug 08 2021, 12:59 pm
Bump! What about the baby monster double stroller?

amother
Eggshell

Post Sun, Aug 08 2021, 2:03 pm
LOVE LOVE LOVE my duet!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 08 2021, 7:34 pm
Thank you all!! Now just have to see if I can find a duet lightly used for a good price:) if not, I will buy it new.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics