Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
My husband is making the toilet training take longer

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 08 2021, 5:02 pm
When I'm home I insist my 2.5 year old go with panties. The minute he is with her he puts her nappy back on.
She is completely ok with going number 1s. Number 2s she still won't do it on the toilet but finally tells us and asks for a nappy.

Tomorrow she is going to camp and he refuses to send her with panties.
I warned the counselors that she is in the process of training and they said it was ok that she wasn't fully trained.
She's gone the whole weekend managing to stay dry and clean. Actually was fine last week also
I feel that if she goes back to nappies it will just take even longer to ever train her.

We've been trying on and off since rosh hashana.
Mainly on for the last 2 weeks.

I'm just so frustrated
I said to try it one day and see how she fairs.

He just screamed himself blue at me for daring to suggest it.
I feel she's finally motivated and ready to go it properly especially now that her best friend is toilet trained.

If I had the luxury of staying at home with her or being the one to take her to camp I would. But I have to work. Can't Believe It

amother
Lotus

Post Sun, Aug 08 2021, 5:15 pm
As someone who falls apart from accidents, I sympathize with your DH although I hear your side too.

Can you have him put her in panties RIGHT before she goes to camp? Or teach him how to handle accidents in a way that isn't too traumatic for him? ("just get her clothes off and rinse her in the shower, I'll take care of all the dirty clothes and mess when I get home")

Just One

Post Sun, Aug 08 2021, 5:22 pm
Since Rosh Hashana? That's almost an entire year! You may be feeling incredibly frustrated.

What happens if she has an accident in daycamp? Will her counselors change her? Will your husband need to go down to change her?

amother
Eggshell

Post Sun, Aug 08 2021, 5:32 pm
Have the counselors switch her to panties as soon as she arrives.

You can't control what your husband decides to do, but you can still be on top of the situation when she's at school.

(Additionally it is very common to take off from work for a week or two when training. It needs complete dedication.)

Last edited by amother on Tue, Dec 21 2021, 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Lily

Post Sun, Aug 08 2021, 5:34 pm
Since Rosh Hashana? When she was 1.5 years old??
Sounds like both of you are on VERY different pages when it comes to this. You really need to get it sorted out between the two of you.

Success10

Post Sun, Aug 08 2021, 5:35 pm
Rosh Hashana? You started when she was 1.5?

amother
Pear

Post Sun, Aug 08 2021, 5:36 pm
Can you go late for a day or two so you can send her in underwear? I’m also concerned that he yells and refuses to parent as a team.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training