Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Having/creating easy going children
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

banana123

Post Wed, Aug 11 2021, 11:28 am
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
Isn’t personality a pattern of behavior?

No. Personality is inborn. Behavior is learned. They overlap and can disguise each other, but are not the same.

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Aug 11 2021, 11:31 am
banana123 wrote:
No. Personality is inborn. Behavior is learned. They overlap and can disguise each other, but are not the same.
”changes in personality” is considered a neurological symptom. Personality really isn’t a scientific construct.

When you watch your child’s personality change overnight, and then see it coming back slowly with neurobiological treatment, you know.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 11 2021, 11:41 am
Any specific factor or just in general environment in utero affecting neurobiology of children?

I’d really love to learn about healing the mothers body to help babies in utero. I sent you a private message on this site. When you get a chance can you privately message me to explain more about what could be done?

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Aug 11 2021, 1:09 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’d really love to learn about healing the mothers body to help babies in utero. I sent you a private message on this site. When you get a chance can you privately message me to explain more about what could be done?
The message didn’t go through because I’m amother.
I will say that this is a lifetime of work, entails total lifestyle changes some of which are very unrealistic for frum families, and results are hardly guaranteed, being that there are so many variables and we live in such a toxic world. However, there are small things you can do that can give you better chances. And also, it’s not to late to heal the children you already have. Yes, the odd are probably stacked against them, it’s like climbing uphill, but even small gains can be celebrated.

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Aug 12 2021, 7:16 pm
Sure, the data is there, but it’s far from pristine. Ritalin has been linked to heart failure, among other nasty side effects, but no dr is going to tell you that unless you probe. But cbds the devil. Sigh. I also don’t know for how long it’s been studied on very young children, and following them far into adulthood. What’s more, lots of kids don’t qualify for for a diagnosis but can still use help regulating, gentle supplements can be the perfect solution for such kids. Cbd is a plant extract. I know it sounds tinfoil to some people, but it’s hard for me to believe that plant extracts can have worse effects than drugs. About dosing, Clark’s rule is used in pharmacology all the time, it’s not considered a crude estimate.

Chemo is also a plant extract. And it’s extremely toxic to the body. I had to chime in. You’re taking this too far. And your opinion is so skewed to one side. I beleive in medication and have tried and still try supplements but to make these claims is not ok.
-oncology NP

amother
Tanzanite

Post Thu, Aug 12 2021, 8:45 pm
”changes in personality” is considered a neurological symptom. Personality really isn’t a scientific construct.

When you watch your child’s personality change overnight, and then see it coming back slowly with neurobiological treatment, you know.

As a frum Jew, I believe that personality is the neshama, but I suppose one can say it's the brain (I also think the brain has to be closely related to the neshama). So yes, a change in personality might signify some sort of brain damage. I don't see that as disproving personality being inborn.

amother
Tanzanite

Post Thu, Aug 12 2021, 8:47 pm
Sure, the data is there, but it’s far from pristine. Ritalin has been linked to heart failure, among other nasty side effects, but no dr is going to tell you that unless you probe. But cbds the devil. Sigh. I also don’t know for how long it’s been studied on very young children, and following them far into adulthood. What’s more, lots of kids don’t qualify for for a diagnosis but can still use help regulating, gentle supplements can be the perfect solution for such kids. Cbd is a plant extract. I know it sounds tinfoil to some people, but it’s hard for me to believe that plant extracts can have worse effects than drugs. About dosing, Clark’s rule is used in pharmacology all the time, it’s not considered a crude estimate.

I'm not an advocate of Ritalin, but it's been around for many decades so I certainly hope they are following children taking it into adulthood.

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Sep 05 2021, 1:21 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
Chemo is also a plant extract. And it’s extremely toxic to the body. I had to chime in. You’re taking this too far. And your opinion is so skewed to one side. I beleive in medication and have tried and still try supplements but to make these claims is not ok.
-oncology NP
Not sure which claims I’m making that you think I’m taking too far, But you think cbd is toxic like chemo? Not sure why everyone got hung up on the cbd... I happen not to be anti medication, and not so pro cbd, but find it sad that people aren’t even aware that there are other options.

For what it’s worth, a month ago my 6yo son was throwing his clothes on the floor every morning, refusing to get dressed, whichever breakfast I prepared was the wrong one and he would spill it intentionally on the table, whichever snack I gave him was all wrong, he would take it out of his backpack and fling it across the room (dw, we tried letting him choose, he would just scream that he wanted something that we didn’t have and that I was a crazy mommy because I never bought it), he was impulsive and wild and picked fights with his siblings, and threw things hard around the house just for fun. Completely irrational, unreasonable and yes, difficult. I started him on a herbal protocol that targets anxiety, inflammation and pathogens. This morning he got himself dressed without a word of complaint, whined about his breakfast but still ate half, said what did you give me for snack, looked in his backpack, saw (it wasn’t the most exciting snack ever), shrugged and said “whatever” and skipped outside to wait for his van, grabbing his LEGO creation on the way out. In case anyone is worried, I am not tranquilizing him to make my life easier, he is not a zombie or just a deflated version of himself. He is his best, sweet, sunny self when we address the demons that steal his brain every now and then.

I did not change anything about the way I parent, about his clothes, about the foods I serve him, or implement any kind of behavioral modification. I know it’s the herbs because I’ve witnessed this change many times over.

This is not a plug for herbs vs medication. This is a plug for “not easygoing” children having brain based differences that can be mitigated on a brain based level.

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Sep 05 2021, 1:48 pm
amother [ Tanzanite ] wrote:
As a frum Jew, I believe that personality is the neshama, but I suppose one can say it's the brain (I also think the brain has to be closely related to the neshama). So yes, a change in personality might signify some sort of brain damage. I don't see that as disproving personality being inborn.
It does mean that something that we view as intangible and separate from the body is actually a function of our brain structure and neurotransmitters. How that relates to the neshama is really a different conversation.

amother
Seablue

Post Sun, Sep 05 2021, 1:50 pm
I was just reading in “You Reveaed” that the body and the Neshama are separate from “I”

Proof: neshama shenosato be

The soul that You gave me

Who is “me”? It’s obviously not the soul.

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Sep 05 2021, 5:25 pm
amother [ Seablue ] wrote:
I was just reading in “You Reveaed” that the body and the Neshama are separate from “I”

Proof: neshama shenosato be

The soul that You gave me

Who is “me”? It’s obviously not the soul.

Very interesting!

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Sep 05 2021, 6:14 pm
I didnt really read everyones answers, but just want to go back to ops original question. Most of my kids are strong willed and were quite difficult as infants/toddlers, but somehow they also grew into easy going kids/teens. I was discussing it with my sil, whose kids were as challenging as mine as babies but still are as teens (especially her girls). Her conclusion is that I am not on top of my kids as much as she is. It doesnt mean that I let them do whatever they want, but I give them a lot of leeway. Ex: lets them pick their clothes from a young age (I trust them to make weather appropriate choices and they dont have to match unless they want to), I always let them feed themselves even when they made a mess, I dont interogate them about their day.... These were all my sils observations, and to tell you the truth, I always felt bad about myself and thought I was being a bad mother and not enough emotionally involved with the kids. But the reality is that my kids and even my teens are really all so pleasant and easy going.

alrl13

Post Mon, Sep 06 2021, 7:49 am
Not sure which claims I’m making that you think I’m taking too far, But you think cbd is toxic like chemo? Not sure why everyone got hung up on the cbd... I happen not to be anti medication, and not so pro cbd, but find it sad that people aren’t even aware that there are other options.

For what it’s worth, a month ago my 6yo son was throwing his clothes on the floor every morning, refusing to get dressed, whichever breakfast I prepared was the wrong one and he would spill it intentionally on the table, whichever snack I gave him was all wrong, he would take it out of his backpack and fling it across the room (dw, we tried letting him choose, he would just scream that he wanted something that we didn’t have and that I was a crazy mommy because I never bought it), he was impulsive and wild and picked fights with his siblings, and threw things hard around the house just for fun. Completely irrational, unreasonable and yes, difficult. I started him on a herbal protocol that targets anxiety, inflammation and pathogens. This morning he got himself dressed without a word of complaint, whined about his breakfast but still ate half, said what did you give me for snack, looked in his backpack, saw (it wasn’t the most exciting snack ever), shrugged and said “whatever” and skipped outside to wait for his van, grabbing his LEGO creation on the way out. In case anyone is worried, I am not tranquilizing him to make my life easier, he is not a zombie or just a deflated version of himself. He is his best, sweet, sunny self when we address the demons that steal his brain every now and then.

I did not change anything about the way I parent, about his clothes, about the foods I serve him, or implement any kind of behavioral modification. I know it’s the herbs because I’ve witnessed this change many times over.

This is not a plug for herbs vs medication. This is a plug for “not easygoing” children having brain based differences that can be mitigated on a brain based level.

My son sounds similar. I don’t want you to get bashed but I’m so curious what herbal protocol you use and/or if you have someone you can suggest we see to get him help. Personally, my son has been trying different medications with a top pediatric neurologist since January and nothing is helping him. The neurologist says his brain chemistry is different then most and he’s really struggling to find any medication that can help. My son also has been seeing different therapists for years and nothing seems to be helping. We’ve also tried craniosacral therapy with three different doctors. Homeopathy with a Rita something who’s known world wide and a whole host of other healers. Nothing is helping. He just seems to be getting worst and my husband and I have reached exhaustion.

So really we could use your advice. We’re definitely interested in trying an herbal protocol or anything else that can help him. I wish there was a way I could message you privately.

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Sep 06 2021, 2:44 pm
alrl13 wrote:
My son sounds similar. I don’t want you to get bashed but I’m so curious what herbal protocol you use and/or if you have someone you can suggest we see to get him help. Personally, my son has been trying different medications with a top pediatric neurologist since January and nothing is helping him. The neurologist says his brain chemistry is different then most and he’s really struggling to find any medication that can help. My son also has been seeing different therapists for years and nothing seems to be helping. We’ve also tried craniosacral therapy with three different doctors. Homeopathy with a Rita something who’s known world wide and a whole host of other healers. Nothing is helping. He just seems to be getting worst and my husband and I have reached exhaustion.

So really we could use your advice. We’re definitely interested in trying an herbal protocol or anything else that can help him. I wish there was a way I could message you privately.
I messaged you.

amother
Hibiscus

Post Mon, Sep 06 2021, 5:12 pm
davening and thats it.
and I believe firmly that letting a baby cry it out leads to anxiety, hyperactivity, poor middos.
my neighbor who is a sleep coach told me this. cant remember which maamar chazal she used.

amother
Indigo

Post Mon, Sep 06 2021, 7:00 pm
amother [ Hibiscus ] wrote:
davening and thats it.
and I believe firmly that letting a baby cry it out leads to anxiety, hyperactivity, poor middos.
my neighbor who is a sleep coach told me this. cant remember which maamar chazal she used.

Brain science 101 you don't need a mammar chazal

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Sep 08 2021, 9:20 pm
davening and thats it.
Except it’s so much more complicated than that.

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Sep 08 2021, 10:35 pm
davening and thats it.

Well everyone in my family does cry it out and no hyperactive loud poor middos here. Literally old fashioned chinuch takes care of that. Quite, meek children who know when and how to behave.

Newcastle

Post Wed, Sep 08 2021, 10:43 pm
Amother Yellow, could I ask you to pm me with the herbal protocol you are using, as well? I’ve just started something similar, still too soon to tell; but it would be great to know what you’ve actually had success with. Thanks a lot.

Zehava

Post Wed, Sep 08 2021, 10:47 pm
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
Well everyone in my family does cry it out and no hyperactive loud poor middos here. Literally old fashioned chinuch takes care of that. Quite, meek children who know when and how to behave.

Yes I would think old fashioned chinuch AKA abuse would do that
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics