Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Have you heard of a push present?
1  2  3  Next

fbc

Post Tue, Aug 10 2021, 1:37 pm
Kinda just wondering how many of you have heard of a "push present". I heard of it recently! And I'm expecting, so I like the idea Wink

amother
NeonPink

Post Tue, Aug 10 2021, 1:38 pm
Yup and I got one! Nothing fancy though.

fbc

Post Tue, Aug 10 2021, 1:39 pm
I don't think my husband has ever heard of it. So I just sent him pics of a few things I want and told him I'd like them as a push present, waiting to hear his reaction πŸ˜„

chanatron1000

Post Tue, Aug 10 2021, 1:42 pm
I think the practice is much more popular than the term "push present," a term I consider a bit crude.

fbc

Post Tue, Aug 10 2021, 1:44 pm
chanatron1000 wrote:
I think the practice is much more popular than the term "push present," a term I consider a bit crude.

I hear that. I definitely didn't make up the term Wink but even before I heard the term, I don't think I knew it was a thing for the husband to give a wife a gift after birth. And just for the record, I think the hubby deserves something too!!

amother
Chambray

Post Tue, Aug 10 2021, 1:47 pm
Yes definitely!

BrisketBoss

Post Tue, Aug 10 2021, 1:48 pm
I learned about it from my OB/GYN. She was doing something uncomfortable to me and remarked to my husband that he should get me a push present for all this stuff I had to endure. Lol.

groovy1224

Post Tue, Aug 10 2021, 1:49 pm
Allow me sum up every push present thread ever:

Amother #1: my push present was my baby. I don't need anything else

Amother #2: I've never heard of a push present till imamother. Who comes up with these things?

Amother #3: I think push presents are sweet! It's s nice way for my dh to show his appreciation for 9 months of nausea and back pain Smile

Amother #4: Amother #3, my husband appreciates me too but a healthy baby is all I need/want. Who needs another reason to spend money when you have a new baby anyway?

Repeat endlessly till the next thread.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Aug 10 2021, 1:49 pm
I've only heard the term in Imamother. I always wonder if you still get one if you have a caesarean.

BrisketBoss

Post Tue, Aug 10 2021, 1:50 pm
groovy1224 wrote:

Amother #2: I've never heard of a push present till imamother. Who comes up with these things?

Amother #3: I think push presents are sweet! It's s nice way for my dh to show his appreciation for 9 months of nausea and back pain Smile

Amother #4: Amother #3, my husband appreciates me too but a healthy baby is all I need/want. Who needs another reason to spend money when you have a new baby anyway?

This is excellent! I rescind my comment. This is really all we need.

Except you forgot #5 who complains about the term and how it isn't classy enough.

fbc

Post Tue, Aug 10 2021, 1:50 pm
groovy1224 wrote:

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I haven't seen other posts about this, but based on other threads I've read, this seems so on point!!

amother
Birch

Post Tue, Aug 10 2021, 2:13 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
I've only heard the term in Imamother. I always wonder if you still get one if you have a caesarean.

Then you call it a "cut it out" present. And needs to be way more valuable.
I heard of the concept from my sister about 20 years ago but never told my husband about it. I'm the type of person that would rather get a heartfelt letter than a gift.

hodeez

Post Tue, Aug 10 2021, 2:14 pm
Never got one, my sisters in law get jewelry. Bh I'm not lacking anything 😊

Crookshanks

Post Tue, Aug 10 2021, 2:15 pm
I love that summary!

imaima

Post Tue, Aug 10 2021, 2:17 pm
fbc wrote:
Kinda just wondering how many of you have heard of a "push present". I heard of it recently! And I'm expecting, so I like the idea Wink

Why don't you just use a search engine to find dozens of such threads?

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Aug 10 2021, 2:20 pm
groovy1224 wrote:

You forgot:

Amother #4 : the term is so vulger and non jewish. How did it ever infiltrate our circles??

challahchallah

Post Tue, Aug 10 2021, 2:21 pm
imaima wrote:
Why don't you just use a search engine to find dozens of such threads?

Here’s a couple to get everyone started, but groovy’s summary is really all you need:
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....30816

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....41094

BrisketBoss

Post Tue, Aug 10 2021, 2:22 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:

Yes, you do. 'Push present' is a simple, memorable alliteration that is supposed to cover the whole process of being pregnant and laboring (if you even get so far as laboring) and getting the baby out.

Reminds me a bit of how I understand bottle and pacifier shaped cookies or decorations to be symbols of a new baby even though I personally never use bottles or pacifiers.

saralem

Post Tue, Aug 10 2021, 2:24 pm
I first heard of a push present more than 30 years ago. From secular Jewish (also wealthy) people. They actually got real jewelry worth a fortune.

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Aug 10 2021, 2:25 pm
I heard of it and it bothers me.
Why do I get a present for being blessed by Hashem with the greatest blessing?

Should I get a present for eating healthy and exercising? Or for working hard to make parnossah?

All the best things in life require hard work as well as tremendous siyata dishmaya.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics