Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
What’s in a standard Vachnacht pekela?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 11 2021, 12:40 pm
Hi,
Does anyone know what’s typically put in a vachnacht pekela in the heimish crowd? Is it still standard to tape a lollipop on a chips bag? Are freeze pops also acceptable? Thanks..

Einikel

Post Wed, Aug 11 2021, 12:43 pm
Anything goes.

love vegetables

Post Wed, Aug 11 2021, 12:45 pm
Today's day there is ready vach nacht pekelech with a mix of nosh and plus a lolly included inside

ecs

Post Wed, Aug 11 2021, 1:12 pm
love vegetables wrote:
Today's day there is ready vach nacht pekelech with a mix of nosh and plus a lolly included inside

The pop-a-nosh pekelach are very popular lately, but anything goes really.

Emunah13

Post Wed, Aug 11 2021, 1:25 pm
Anything goes

amother
Dimgray

Post Wed, Jul 20 2022, 12:00 pm
Where can I order the pop a nosh pekalach?

amother
Nemesia

Post Sat, Jul 08 2023, 9:36 pm
I'm also looking for ideas, I'm sure anything is fine, but bH with so much to be busy with, any guidance would be appreciated!

imasinger

Post Sat, Jul 08 2023, 10:05 pm
Anyone upping the ante from lolly and chips is going to see the Wrath of Imasinger. Why up the ante, and why worry if anyone else has been crazy enough to do so?

Look what happened to the simple chickpeas and beer shalom zachar.

The world has gone crazy enough already. Keep it simple (and that goes for the bris, too).

And mazel tov!

naomi2

Post Sat, Jul 08 2023, 10:26 pm
Any simple pekela is fine. I would put 3 or 4 things in a generic plastic party bag with a twisty tie and call it a day.

asmileaday

Post Sat, Jul 08 2023, 10:30 pm
naomi2 wrote:
Any simple pekela is fine. I would put 3 or 4 things in a generic plastic party bag with a twisty tie and call it a day.

That's work. Just buy a case of chips and you're good to go. If you wanna be fancy tape a lolly to it but not necessary. It's still acceptable.

amother
Bluebell

Post Sat, Jul 08 2023, 10:39 pm
The last few I went to...they put out 2/3 different nosh / individual wrapped cookies/ snacks and e/o helped themselves. I think it's a great idea. No need to package things when you have a newborn

B'Syata D'Shmya

Post Sat, Jul 08 2023, 10:45 pm
imasinger wrote:
Anyone upping the ante from lolly and chips is going to see the Wrath of Imasinger. Why up the ante, and why worry if anyone else has been crazy enough to do so?

The world has gone crazy enough already. Keep it simple (and that goes for the bris, too).

And mazel tov!

Thank you.
I heard one overwhelmed Mother of her 5th boy tell her husband that for the bris he can invite 6 friends (they had 4 minyan-worthy men from immediate family) and they all get a challah roll and a chocolate milk to go. Isnt our sanity worth something?

WhatFor

Post Sat, Jul 08 2023, 10:45 pm
I'm curious if in certain circles the pekelach are for anyone older than the very young children? If not, then unless you care because it makes you personally happy, don't worry about it. Little kids are just happy with free nosh, whatever it is. If everyone gets a pekala, they just want a pekala and are happy when they get one.

amother
Nemesia

Post Sat, Jul 08 2023, 10:46 pm
I think it's going to be chips with a lolly : )

YounginBP

Post Sat, Jul 08 2023, 10:47 pm
imasinger wrote:

And mazel tov!

Lol. Shalom zacher is still one thing that didn't get upgraded by chasidim..... In Boro Park at least....

WhatFor

Post Sat, Jul 08 2023, 10:47 pm
B'Siyata DiShamaya wrote:
Thank you.
I heard one overwhelmed Mother of her 5th boy tell her husband that for the bris he can invite 6 friends (they had 4 minyan-worthy men from immediate family) and they all get a challah roll and a chocolate milk to go. Isnt our sanity worth something?

I thought technically you weren't supposed to invite anyone to the bris - to just let people know where it is? But maybe that's what you meant- just tell six people. Good for her lol. I know there's something about letting people get the mitzvah but yes, a mother's sanity should count.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries