Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Lakewood high school comparable to TCS
Previous  1  2

amother
Charcoal

Post Thu, Sep 22 2022, 11:52 am
amother Molasses wrote:
Thank you! I never heard of bnos basya. BBY sounds Ideal so far.

Bnos Basya is Rabbi Bender’s school I think. It opened last September in response to a bunch of girls not getting into school at all.

amother
Peru

Post Thu, Sep 22 2022, 12:05 pm
amother Molasses wrote:
Thank you! I never heard of bnos basya. BBY sounds Ideal so far.

Check into the education level for Bnos Basya - not saying it’s not up to par, I’m just not sure.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Sep 22 2022, 12:15 pm
amother Molasses wrote:
Where do the girls from bnos bracha go for high school if most don't go to chedvas ?

This thread is from a year ago. It could be that initially many BB girls went where their older sisters went, when BB didn't have a high school. At this point I'm pretty sure that most BB girls go to Chedvas, though some still go wherever their older sisters went. My DD in BK said there are some girls from BB in her grade (not many).

amother
Phlox

Post Thu, Sep 22 2022, 12:57 pm
Chayalle wrote:
This thread is from a year ago. It could be that initially many BB girls went where their older sisters went, when BB didn't have a high school. At this point I'm pretty sure that most BB girls go to Chedvas, though some still go wherever their older sisters went. My DD in BK said there are some girls from BB in her grade (not many).

It might be that most BB girls go to Chedvas (although from what I’ve heard from family in BB that is not necessarily the case), but my dd still says that most of the girls in Chedvas (even the younger grades) are not from BB. She might be mistaken (she is in 12th), but she definitely knows lots of 9th & 10th graders who did not go to BB. Maybe Chedvas has more girls per grade than BB, but the BB girls definitely don’t seem to be the majority (which was the question that was asked and I answered recently).

Chayalle

Post Thu, Sep 22 2022, 1:16 pm
amother Phlox wrote:
It might be that most BB girls go to Chedvas (although from what I’ve heard from family in BB that is not necessarily the case), but my dd still says that most of the girls in Chedvas (even the younger grades) are not from BB. She might be mistaken (she is in 12th), but she definitely knows lots of 9th & 10th graders who did not go to BB. Maybe Chedvas has more girls per grade than BB, but the BB girls definitely don’t seem to be the majority (which was the question that was asked and I answered recently).

It could be that Chedvas takes alot of girls from other schools, but I have nieces in two grades in Chedvas who came from BB, and they came with most of their friends (which influenced their decision to go. They could have gone to another high school in Lakewood as a sibling.) The question was asked where do must BB go, and I think most do go to Chedvas, even if they don't end up being a majority there because girls come from all over.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics