Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Leftover pastries

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 12 2021, 6:33 pm
We got a lot of assorted Stern's pastries - cinnamon, whoopie pie, brownie bars, etc - for the summer. I have about 10 left, smashed and broken but sealed. Can I make something like a trifle? If so, any easy recipes? I assume it still tastes fine but too messy and unattractive to get anyone to eat them.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Aug 12 2021, 6:45 pm
Pulse in the food processor and use as a dessert pie crust.

Scotty

Post Thu, Aug 12 2021, 10:56 pm
This recipe wins the award for most unhealthy dessert ever, but for a special occasion it’s ridiculously decadent.

Crumble well. If u want crumble by type - bowl of cookie crumbs, bowl of cake crumbs, etc.

Shake up some instant chocolate pudding with soy milk (or almond etc etc), refrigerate to set.

Whip up a whip. If you want to be extravagant whip a second pareve whip with an instant pudding and a splash of chocolate or coffee vodka.

Layer all the components in trifle bowl
crumbs #1
Pudding (pudding always goes on top of crumbs to soften them)
Whip (either one)
Crumbs #2
Pudding

Etc etc

It’s super rich but looks awesome and tastes epic. If you can make it dairy with heavy cream and dairy pudding it would probably even taste better but at a certain point you really just gilding the lily :-))
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics