Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
It’s 1 week until school and.. UPDATE
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Fri, Aug 13 2021, 9:40 am
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
Have you reached out to the chabad school there? I know it's in Stamford Hill but many commute to there. They would most likely be able to help you out and aren't a mixed school.

I know this school. It's really excellent, and I wouldn't hesitate to put my child there.

amother
Aster

Post Fri, Aug 13 2021, 9:42 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
If children are being left out of schools, then the schools DESERVE to be bashed. Punch

OP, ask if you want. I'm sure that someone here can help you.

Many times it's not the schools problem. Schools can't accept an unlimited amount of kids.

Chayalle

Post Fri, Aug 13 2021, 9:43 am
I have cousins in Golders Green and some send their kids to BY, and some to Menorah Primer. And I'm not remembering the boy's school name, though I remember what it looks like from the outside. Pardes or something like that? So those are the schools I know. They are all equally very strong frum wonderful kids/families. Any of these options?

Last night at a Simcha I was shmoozing with my sister's SIL, whose DD is B"EH going to high school. I remember when this child was home for 3 months (!) because she didn't get into a school (and not in Lakewood BTW). She then got into a school that wasn't a good fit...and B"H ended up switching to a school that has worked wonderfully for her, and even has an affiliated high school so they didn't have to go thru this again. And B"H this girl is doing wonderfully, the pain is behind her.

OP I wish the very best for your child. Saying a quick Tefillah that Hashem should help you and guide you.

amother
Gold

Post Fri, Aug 13 2021, 9:43 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks, we’re not Chabad. Keep the ideas coming Wink

Firstly, you don't have to be Chabad to go to a Chabad School. Secondly if your choice is a mixed school or a chabad school and your hashkafa isn't a mixed school then Chabad is still a better option. Thirdly the Chabad school happens to be a pretty good school so you might want to reconsider your options.

amother
Rainbow

Post Fri, Aug 13 2021, 9:48 am
amother [ Aster ] wrote:
Many times it's not the schools problem. Schools can't accept an unlimited amount of kids.

It is a communal problem. Education is a necessity, there needs to be enough room for every child in the community. And every particular group needs to ensure there is enough space for every child that's part of their group. You don't tell someone who's hashkafah doesn't hold of mixed classes to send to mixed classes.

Fixing our school system should be the global priority instead of the hyperfocus on tznius and tech.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Fri, Aug 13 2021, 9:50 am
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
Firstly, you don't have to be Chabad to go to a Chabad School. Secondly if your choice is a mixed school or a chabad school and your hashkafa isn't a mixed school then Chabad is still a better option. Thirdly the Chabad school happens to be a pretty good school so you might want to reconsider your options.

It also has non chabad kids throughout primary and senior school, both boys and girls departments...sefardi kids, boys with payos behind their ears or longer payos (or girls with fathers like that), and those who are jpf. Your child would not be the only one who is not chabad.

amother
Aster

Post Fri, Aug 13 2021, 9:59 am
amother [ Rainbow ] wrote:
It is a communal problem. Education is a necessity, there needs to be enough room for every child in the community. And every particular group needs to ensure there is enough space for every child that's part of their group. You don't tell someone who's hashkafah doesn't hold of mixed classes to send to mixed classes.

Fixing our school system should be the global priority instead of the hyperfocus on tznius and tech.

The problem can't be fixed if parents are only blaming the schools and are not interested in helping to fix the problem.

amother
Peony

Post Fri, Aug 13 2021, 10:01 am
There is enough room for all children in London.
They make room for the people that fit their school.

Schools don’t accept if they feel you don’t fit their ethos.
If they are pushing for you to send to a mixed school, please think of your appearance matches your mindset.

amother
Rainbow

Post Fri, Aug 13 2021, 10:01 am
amother [ Aster ] wrote:
The problem can't be fixed if parents are only blaming the schools and are not interested in helping to fix the problem.

How can parents fix the logistical problem of not having enough schools in their community?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 13 2021, 11:13 am
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
As I said before, take your second and third best options. Chabad school is better than mixed.

I applied to four different options. I wanted option 1, maybe 2. I applied to options 3 and 4 as well and was rejected from all due to space constraints.

For many reasons I can’t get in here chabad is not an option.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 13 2021, 11:14 am
Chayalle wrote:
I have cousins in Golders Green and some send their kids to BY, and some to Menorah Primer. And I'm not remembering the boy's school name, though I remember what it looks like from the outside. Pardes or something like that? So those are the schools I know. They are all equally very strong frum wonderful kids/families. Any of these options?

Last night at a Simcha I was shmoozing with my sister's SIL, whose DD is B"EH going to high school. I remember when this child was home for 3 months (!) because she didn't get into a school (and not in Lakewood BTW). She then got into a school that wasn't a good fit...and B"H ended up switching to a school that has worked wonderfully for her, and even has an affiliated high school so they didn't have to go thru this again. And B"H this girl is doing wonderfully, the pain is behind her.

OP I wish the very best for your child. Saying a quick Tefillah that Hashem should help you and guide you.

Thanks. I applied to all schools mentioned here and more.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 13 2021, 11:18 am
amother [ Peony ] wrote:
There is enough room for all children in London.
They make room for the people that fit their school.

Schools don’t accept if they feel you don’t fit their ethos.
If they are pushing for you to send to a mixed school, please think of your appearance matches your mindset.

Delete

There are three sweet boys left that need a space and because the classes are full are being strongly encouraged to go to a more modern school.

My son is so excited to go to a “big boys school” and I can’t even buy him uniform, because what uniform does a homeschooled boy wear?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 13 2021, 11:23 am
I don’t need to hear rebuke now. I’m purely venting since I know nothing will come out of this thread anyway.

Thank you and good Shabbos.

amother
Aster

Post Fri, Aug 13 2021, 11:26 am
amother [ Rainbow ] wrote:
How can parents fix the logistical problem of not having enough schools in their community?

By donating money to existing schools to enable them to expand, which many parents refuse to do.
Also, in many communities there are newer schools & people don't want to send there. They only want to send to certain schools. It's part of the problem.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Fri, Aug 13 2021, 11:26 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’m nervous, I’m blaming my husband and another family member who accused me my child whiny have a problem getting into school in London like so many people love to tell me.

I don’t need to hear rebuke now. I’m purely venting since I know nothing will come out of this thread anyway.

Thank you and good Shabbos.

It’s such a tough situation and so many people are in your boat. Btdt! So painful!!

Chayalle

Post Fri, Aug 13 2021, 11:27 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks. I applied to all schools mentioned here and more.

HUGS. Yeshuas Hashem K'heref Ayin. I will B"N have you and your child in mind when I bentch licht tonight.

English3

Post Fri, Aug 13 2021, 11:57 am
Have you tried the London boys cheder in Stamford hill?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 13 2021, 11:58 am
Chayalle wrote:
HUGS. Yeshuas Hashem K'heref Ayin. I will B"N have you and your child in mind when I bentch licht tonight.

Thank you so much, Chayalle.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 13 2021, 11:58 am
English3 wrote:
Have you tried the London boys cheder in Stamford hill?

I never heard of it, but is it Chasidish or Heimish?

English3

Post Fri, Aug 13 2021, 12:01 pm
It opened BC of children not being accepted, I think it's very neutral quite a mix.
Page 2 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics