Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
It’s 1 week until school and.. UPDATE
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

doodlesmom

Post Fri, Aug 13 2021, 12:06 pm
Is Hasmonean mixed?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 13 2021, 12:09 pm
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
I had this one year. I needed to change and noone wanted to accept. She ended up home till after Succoss, until they finally did.

Call them every day. Twice. Call whomever u know in that school to intervene. Keep going and dont stop....

Thanks for this. I got the courage again to “bother” an Askan and called him. He promised to make some calls and called me back with a bit of hope.

Hashem, only You can help me. I’m leaving this in your hands.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 13 2021, 12:10 pm
English3 wrote:
It opened BC of children not being accepted, I think it's very neutral quite a mix.

Interesting. I will look into it.

English3

Post Fri, Aug 13 2021, 12:12 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Interesting. I will look into it.

It's an excellent school

amother
Blue

Post Fri, Aug 13 2021, 12:42 pm
OP, I'm going to say sth not to blame you at all, just think it might explain a bit
I know in some places it's the done thing to apply to many schools, but I've found here that families who apply to many schools end up not getting in anywhere. Possibly because the schools then think they can let another school accept, or they arent sure if the parents know where they fit. I'm not sure. The families I know who apply only to one school almost always get in. This is also in case you need to apply for another child down the line. Most families apply to maximum 2 schools.
Have you spoken to najos? I'm not sure if they still exist.
I can really hear your pain, and hope you will hear back really soon. It must hurt so much, especially since it sounds like you just moved here recently.

amother
Rainbow

Post Fri, Aug 13 2021, 12:47 pm
amother [ Aster ] wrote:
By donating money to existing schools to enable them to expand, which many parents refuse to do.
Also, in many communities there are newer schools & people don't want to send there. They only want to send to certain schools. It's part of the problem.

I've already donated more than my share to the building funds. Unfortunately, I don't have that much money to spare. Instead of continuing to build million dollar shuls on every second street and mikvahs with marble and ceramics, the energy and resources should be focused on building schools.

New schools always have growing pains. They need to start off with the same resources as the old schools to provide an equal footing. This is again linked to money. It should be the community responsibility that there is enough funds and space for schools.

amother
Gardenia

Post Fri, Aug 13 2021, 12:57 pm
amother [ Rainbow ] wrote:
I've already donated more than my share to the building funds. Unfortunately, I don't have that much money to spare. Instead of continuing to build million dollar shuls on every second street and mikvahs with marble and ceramics, the energy and resources should be focused on building schools.

New schools always have growing pains. They need to start off with the same resources as the old schools to provide an equal footing. This is again linked to money. It should be the community responsibility that there is enough funds and space for schools.

OMG I can't like this enough!!!!

Chayalle

Post Fri, Aug 13 2021, 1:10 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks for this. I got the courage again to “bother” an Askan and called him. He promised to make some calls and called me back with a bit of hope.

Hashem, only You can help me. I’m leaving this in your hands.

Please hold on to that courage and keep bothering those Askanim. If human nature is the same in the UK as it is here in Lakewood, then this is the path you must take. I know more than one child who got into school when the persons in charge felt "bothered" enough.....

Chayalle

Post Fri, Aug 13 2021, 1:12 pm
doodlesmom wrote:
Is Hasmonean mixed?

One of my cousins went to Hasma for high school (and so did her father - my uncle!). So for sure the high school is not mixed. Separate divisions.

nicole81

Post Fri, Aug 13 2021, 4:54 pm
Chayalle wrote:
One of my cousins went to Hasma for high school (and so did her father - my uncle!). So for sure the high school is not mixed. Separate divisions.

Hasmo is mixed for primary general studies, separated for limudei kodesh. They split completely when the kids are 11... or at least that's how it was when my husband went there back in the stone age Smile

amother
Royalblue

Post Fri, Aug 13 2021, 5:16 pm
amother [ Aster ] wrote:
By donating money to existing schools to enable them to expand, which many parents refuse to do.
Also, in many communities there are newer schools & people don't want to send there. They only want to send to certain schools. It's part of the problem.

Why would I donate money to a school that refuses to take my child? My first grader has no school and I’m beside myself.

naturalmom5

Post Fri, Aug 13 2021, 5:25 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
London (Golders Green area). Everyone who claims they can help, tried already. They are pushing us to send to a mixed school. I’m so angry! I don’t want to send to a mixed very modern school!! We applied on time and did everything right.

Thanks all.

I really dont want to make you feel bad, sincerely

But you need to speakto BIG DAAS TORAH , before ruling anything out

Unfortunately, I know over 20 girls , whose parents didnt want a "modern" school

They are all OTD now.
One girl is cutting herself
One is married to a nonJ..

Lcovod Shabbos, I will stop here....

I will think about you by candle lighting....

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Fri, Aug 13 2021, 6:02 pm
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
Firstly, you don't have to be Chabad to go to a Chabad School. Secondly if your choice is a mixed school or a chabad school and your hashkafa isn't a mixed school then Chabad is still a better option. Thirdly the Chabad school happens to be a pretty good school so you might want to reconsider your options.

This was what happened to us. My boys are going to chabad next year (we couldn't get in anywhere else and even tho were not chabad, we're making it work.) My daughter, at this point, still doesn't have a school. After so, so, so much pushing by everyone we know, we just got an interview for her for this coming Monday. I'm afraid to hope but we console ourselves that we were prepared to homeschool her so worst case scenario, we have a game plan. We've been rejected so many times, it's hard to hope. Sending you hugs, OP. It's so hard.

amother
NeonBlue

Post Fri, Aug 13 2021, 6:15 pm
amother [ Rainbow ] wrote:
How can parents fix the logistical problem of not having enough schools in their community?

Pay money to open more schools. Lol. It’s basically comes down to not having enough money

tree of life

Post Sat, Aug 14 2021, 5:49 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
London (Golders Green area). Everyone who claims they can help, tried already. They are pushing us to send to a mixed school. I’m so angry! I don’t want to send to a mixed very modern school!! We applied on time and did everything right.

Thanks all.

Have you tried lubavutich in Stamford hill or hasmoneum
I no it's not beis yakov I'm so so sorry wishing you hatzlacha

amother
OP

Post Sat, Aug 14 2021, 6:42 pm
tree of life wrote:
Have you tried lubavutich in Stamford hill or hasmoneum
I no it's not beis yakov I'm so so sorry wishing you hatzlacha

Thanks. Neither are options.

amother
Carnation

Post Sat, Aug 14 2021, 8:33 pm
Isn't Hasmonean just a high school?

What about Menorah Primary?

amother
Blue

Post Sat, Aug 14 2021, 8:40 pm
amother [ Carnation ] wrote:
Isn't Hasmonean just a high school?

What about Menorah Primary?

No also a primary school.
Menorah isnt easy to get in, they take only 1 class of boys and 1 of girls.
OP, have you tried pushing for pardes? I don't know what other schools you've tried but of all the boys primaries in gg, they are the usually most likely to accept .
Also is this for nursery or reception?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Aug 14 2021, 8:51 pm
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
No also a primary school.
Menorah isnt easy to get in, they take only 1 class of boys and 1 of girls.
OP, have you tried pushing for pardes? I don't know what other schools you've tried but of all the boys primaries in gg, they are the usually most likely to accept .
Also is this for nursery or reception?

We tried for both. Thank you.

Reception.

amother
Snow

Post Sat, Aug 14 2021, 9:40 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
We tried for both. Thank you.

Reception.

I assume you've tried Torah Temima.

But it may be worth taking the mixed school for reception and then keep on calling all the other schools for Year 1. Kids leave (families mange aliyah, or move to Manchester or aren't happy etc).
Page 3 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics