Home

[Yenta Alert] Principal/Menahel Salary
1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Finances


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP
 

Post Fri, Aug 13 2021, 5:06 pm
Copy paste from the other thread:
In the NYCDOE, even first year 10-month assistant principals start at 125k . Those that work year round start at 140k. Principals start around 170k. Guidance counselors hit 100k after 8 years, earlier if they even overtime. Teachers, too, if they complete extra college credits, or after 10 years if not. Then we have school psychologist, education administrators, and a whole host of other job titles that can earn 10k a month. It's a pretty good gig if you can handle the challenges of inner city schools

Now I'm curious
Do heimish schools also pay this much?
Back to top

amother




Orange
 

Post Fri, Aug 13 2021, 5:07 pm
No. And they also don't offer the great benefits DOE does.
Back to top

amother




Springgreen
 

Post Fri, Aug 13 2021, 5:09 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Copy paste from the other thread:
In the NYCDOE, even first year 10-month assistant principals start at 125k . Those that work year round start at 140k. Principals start around 170k. Guidance counselors hit 100k after 8 years, earlier if they even overtime. Teachers, too, if they complete extra college credits, or after 10 years if not. Then we have school psychologist, education administrators, and a whole host of other job titles that can earn 10k a month. It's a pretty good gig if you can handle the challenges of inner city schools

Now I'm curious
Do heimish schools also pay this much?


Teachers in heimish schools typically work a half day. They also don't deal with even half the nonsense that public school teachers deal with. Many of them don't have degrees that they now need to pay off their loans for. Therapists are usually paid through the agency they work for. But in any case. I don't think those numbers are accurate...they are on higher end.

Working in the doe also typically requires staff to be there at 8 am. They work erev yom tov and chol hamoed. No half days for every fast day and Friday. There is very little flexibility.
Back to top

gibberish




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Aug 13 2021, 5:14 pm
And what is the value that our principals get for free tuition?
Back to top

amother




Pink
 

Post Fri, Aug 13 2021, 5:18 pm
I'm a principal of an oot high school.
My salary is 4000/month. We pay tuition.
Back to top

amother




Gray
 

Post Fri, Aug 13 2021, 5:24 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
I'm a principal of an oot high school.
My salary is 4000/month. We pay tuition.
do u work part time?
Back to top

amother




Stoneblue
 

Post Fri, Aug 13 2021, 5:32 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Copy paste from the other thread:
In the NYCDOE, even first year 10-month assistant principals start at 125k . Those that work year round start at 140k. Principals start around 170k. Guidance counselors hit 100k after 8 years, earlier if they even overtime. Teachers, too, if they complete extra college credits, or after 10 years if not. Then we have school psychologist, education administrators, and a whole host of other job titles that can earn 10k a month. It's a pretty good gig if you can handle the challenges of inner city schools

Now I'm curious
Do heimish schools also pay this much?


The menahel of my boys yeshiva makes in the six figures. I think the mashgiach does too. Large boys elementary school in the midwest. Its a huge huge job with so many hours and responsibility.
Back to top

amother




Milk
 

Post Fri, Aug 13 2021, 5:35 pm
I’m a therapist in a Jewish school in NY and I make around 15000 more than my counterparts in the DOE, but I don’t have the same benefits.
Back to top

amother




Orange
 

Post Fri, Aug 13 2021, 5:35 pm
The DOE salaries are completely transparent and google-able:

https://www.uft.org/your-right.....-2021

You really need to work your way up in these types of positions, in addition to having all the right degrees, certifications for being an administrator, experience.... I work for a DOE in another state- it is not all peaches and cream. Not much to be jealous of, I can guarantee that🙈
Back to top

amother




Aubergine
 

Post Fri, Aug 13 2021, 5:37 pm
Im a limudei kodesh teacher in lakewood. My salary is 34k for 10 months (morning hours.) The huge plus is free tuition for my girls worth about 12k (including fees I dont have to pay and pretax calculations.)
Back to top

amother




Springgreen
 

Post Fri, Aug 13 2021, 5:45 pm
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
Im a limudei kodesh teacher in lakewood. My salary is 34k for 10 months (morning hours.) The huge plus is free tuition for my girls worth about 12k (including fees I dont have to pay and pretax calculations.)


34k would be close to 70k if you worked full time. Add in the free tuition and that's a pretty nice package. Plus you work in a frum environment, and have all the holidays off, and are on the same schedule as your kids. That's a huge benefit too. People who work for doe typically have to pay a lot in childcare for all the time their kids are off and they are not.
Back to top

amother




Peachpuff
 

Post Fri, Aug 13 2021, 5:58 pm
So I worked in a frum NJ high school. My job was to process payroll and handle HR matters. From my experience, I can tell you that female teachers were paid 1/3 what the male teachers were, for the same hours. I actually brought this up to my boss, the head of the school and the outside investor who helped supplement the school budget. Their response was that the male teachers are simply more qualified and they provide additional services, like recess supervision. Honestly, that was nonsense. I saw what the male teachers did versus the women and it wasn't different at all. Some of the rabbeim were getting 110k-115k and they taught 3 hours a day. Most female teachers were teaching 3 hours a day for 35k-45k. It was really a shocking difference.
Back to top

amother




Marigold
 

Post Fri, Aug 13 2021, 6:38 pm
If this is how much rebbeim make why do we need simcha funds for them and tips throughout the year and coupons and yom tov food packages for them. Forget about the reduced tuition.
Back to top

amother




Khaki
 

Post Fri, Aug 13 2021, 6:47 pm
amother [ Peachpuff ] wrote:
So I worked in a frum NJ high school. My job was to process payroll and handle HR matters. From my experience, I can tell you that female teachers were paid 1/3 what the male teachers were, for the same hours. I actually brought this up to my boss, the head of the school and the outside investor who helped supplement the school budget. Their response was that the male teachers are simply more qualified and they provide additional services, like recess supervision. Honestly, that was nonsense. I saw what the male teachers did versus the women and it wasn't different at all. Some of the rabbeim were getting 110k-115k and they taught 3 hours a day. Most female teachers were teaching 3 hours a day for 35k-45k. It was really a shocking difference.
Surprised
Back to top

amother




Pistachio
 

Post Fri, Aug 13 2021, 6:57 pm
amother [ Springgreen ] wrote:
34k would be close to 70k if you worked full time. Add in the free tuition and that's a pretty nice package. Plus you work in a frum environment, and have all the holidays off, and are on the same schedule as your kids. That's a huge benefit too. People who work for doe typically have to pay a lot in childcare for all the time their kids are off and they are not.


She might be working full time. I work two part time jobs as a Judaics specialist/limudei kodesh teacher and I make almost 35k (working from 9 am to 4 pm). Employee discount on tuition for my kids but it's not free. I get dental and a flexible maternity leave, so there's that I guess
Back to top

Bleemee




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Aug 13 2021, 6:58 pm
amother [ Marigold ] wrote:
If this is how much rebbeim make why do we need simcha funds for them and tips throughout the year and coupons and yom tov food packages for them. Forget about the reduced tuition.

That’s not standard pay.
Back to top

amother




Springgreen
 

Post Fri, Aug 13 2021, 7:04 pm
amother [ Pistachio ] wrote:
She might be working full time. I work two part time jobs as a Judaics specialist/limudei kodesh teacher and I make almost 35k (working from 9 am to 4 pm). Employee discount on tuition for my kids but it's not free. I get dental and a flexible maternity leave, so there's that I guess


She said she only works morning hours.
Back to top

amother




Feverfew
 

Post Sat, Aug 14 2021, 9:49 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
I'm a principal of an oot high school.
My salary is 4000/month. We pay tuition.


You annual salary is 48K and you’re a high school principal?? How many students are in this high school??
Back to top

amother




Feverfew
 

Post Sat, Aug 14 2021, 9:49 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Copy paste from the other thread:
In the NYCDOE, even first year 10-month assistant principals start at 125k . Those that work year round start at 140k. Principals start around 170k. Guidance counselors hit 100k after 8 years, earlier if they even overtime. Teachers, too, if they complete extra college credits, or after 10 years if not. Then we have school psychologist, education administrators, and a whole host of other job titles that can earn 10k a month. It's a pretty good gig if you can handle the challenges of inner city schools

Now I'm curious
Do heimish schools also pay this much?


What thread is this from?
Back to top

amother




Aubergine
 

Post Sat, Aug 14 2021, 10:20 pm
amother [ Springgreen ] wrote:
34k would be close to 70k if you worked full time. Add in the free tuition and that's a pretty nice package. Plus you work in a frum environment, and have all the holidays off, and are on the same schedule as your kids. That's a huge benefit too. People who work for doe typically have to pay a lot in childcare for all the time their kids are off and they are not.


Totally agree and appreciate all of the benefits especially as my family grows bH.
Back to top
1, 2  Next Recent Topics

Page 1 of 2 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Finances

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Frum magazines salary
by amother
1 Yesterday at 10:12 am View last post
How does annual salary vs hourly work?
by amother
34 Sun, Oct 17 2021, 12:25 am View last post
Lakewood office manager salary
by amother
36 Thu, Oct 14 2021, 8:25 am View last post
Clinical director salary?
by amother
0 Mon, Oct 11 2021, 2:32 pm View last post
Office salary
by amother
5 Mon, Oct 11 2021, 12:40 pm View last post