Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Vacation Destination in Old Southern USA

voiceofreason

Post Sun, Aug 15 2021, 2:49 pm
Hi-
Would like to get away somewhere in the American South- looking for something with a classic southern, Gone With The Wind feel. Would need 1 or 2 kosher restaurants and a minyan. Any recommendations? Thinking possibly Atlanta. Any suggestions or advice?

amother
Wandflower

Post Sun, Aug 15 2021, 3:36 pm
New Orleans

doctorima

Post Sun, Aug 22 2021, 4:40 pm
Charleston and Savannah could both work, though I don't think Savannah has a restaurant. In New Orleans there are a couple restaurants under a hasgacha run by a Rabbi from Chovavei that are not universally-accepted.

amother
Burntblack

Post Sun, Aug 22 2021, 5:25 pm
doctorima wrote:
Charleston and Savannah could both work, though I don't think Savannah has a restaurant. In New Orleans there are a couple restaurants under a hasgacha run by a Rabbi from Chovavei that are not universally-accepted.

I understand that Charleston has a non kosher restaurant (called, I think, Heyman’s or Hyman’s) that heats & serves wrapped frozen Kosher meals from the local Chabad, if you're comfortable with that.
I think that there’s also a local Kosher caterer who will prepare meals for travelers. I don’t have the details, but if you’re on Facebook, you can ask on the Great Kosher Restaurant Foodies group.

voiceofreason

Post Sun, Aug 22 2021, 5:31 pm
Thank you!
Yes, charleston also has a few hotels near shul. It looks lovely. My vacation got delayed, but I'm saving it as a potential destination.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics