Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Seminary and Covid vaccine
Previous  1  2  3

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 5:11 pm
So my daughter has antibodies but never tested for covid because back in the beginning it wasn't good to have a positive covid test.
A lot of her friends never had covid but are getting fake pcr positive letters which we will 100% not do. Not sure if they have antibodies.
She is the only one of her large group of friends who will probably not go because we are not comfortable taking the vaccine.
The way the world is headed she might need to take the vaccine but for right now to stay home she doesn't have to. Although several colleges even the ones on line are requiring the vaccine.
We are hoping that the seminary she wants to go to will let her come after the yom tovim and Israel will let students come in with only a antibodies positive test.
My son went after Pesach and got a student visa for the year so he was able to go in with only a positive antibody test but they changes the rules now.

OBnursemom

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 5:12 pm
amother [ Brickred ] wrote:
My child went within the past week.

Anyone who needs information or assistance can contact Chaim V’Chessed.

Well then your child is either an exception or s/he had an existing visa which was not subject to these rules. The Igud was very clear.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 5:14 pm
My child went within the past week.

Anyone who needs information or assistance can contact Chaim V’Chessed.

So did your child have a positive pcr?
Or vaccine?

amother
Charcoal

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 5:14 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So my daughter has antibodies but never tested for covid because back in the beginning it wasn't good to have a positive covid test.
A lot of her friends never had covid but are getting fake pcr positive letters which we will 100% not do. Not sure if they have antibodies.
She is the only one of her large group of friends who will probably not go because we are not comfortable taking the vaccine.
The way the world is headed she might need to take the vaccine but for right now to stay home she doesn't have to. Although several colleges even the ones on line are requiring the vaccine.
We are hoping that the seminary she wants to go to will let her come after the yom tovim and Israel will let students come in with only a antibodies positive test.
My son went after Pesach and got a student visa for the year so he was able to go in with only a positive antibody test but they changes the rules now.

I hope every one of those kids is turned away at the airport.

DH's college recommends the vaccine but of course it is not required for online classes.

amother
Brickred

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 5:15 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
https://embassies.gov.il/new-york/ConsularServices/Pages/COVID19PERMITS.aspx

Unlike in the US his antibodies were considered sufficient proof of having had COVID, although bc he didn’t have a recovery letter he had to quarantine extra.
He took a serological test upon entry to Israel.

OBnursemom

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 5:16 pm
Unlike in the US his antibodies were considered sufficient proof of having had COVID, although bc he didn’t have a recovery letter he had to quarantine extra.

You see, you weren’t being honest. The rules for US entry is the same for everyone. You didn’t say you weren’t American.

amother
Brickred

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 5:16 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So did your child have a positive pcr?
Or vaccine?

Positive for antibodies.
But I heard the seminaries are requiring the vaccine. Definitely contact Chaim V’Chessed.

OBnursemom

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 5:17 pm
Positive for antibodies.
But I heard the seminaries are requiring the vaccine. Definitely contact Chaim V’Chessed.

Again it is Israel that is requiring it. Not seminaries. Link from Chaim V’Chessed. https://chaimvchessed.com/stud.....oved/

amother
Brickred

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 5:19 pm
OBnursemom wrote:
You see, you weren’t being honest. The rules for US entry is the same for everyone. You didn’t say you weren’t American.

I am American. He came from America to Israel. He was entering Israel not the US.

OBnursemom

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 5:21 pm
I am American. He came from America to Israel. He was entering Israel not the US.

From Chaim V’Chessed
“The Igud will be exclusively responsible for student visa applications. Approved yeshivas and seminaries will need to submit lists of their new students during the second half of Av. Students must be between the ages of 17 and 25 years old and must be either vaccinated or recovered from Covid. Recovered Covid patients will be required to present positive PCR tests to prove that they had Covid.

amother
Lightcyan

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 5:24 pm

In which country had he done the antibody test? Israel accepts their own antibody test as proof of recovery, and he could have got a recovery later on the basis of it.

amother
Brickred

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 5:52 pm
amother [ Lightcyan ] wrote:
In which country had he done the antibody test? Israel accepts their own antibody test as proof of recovery, and he could have got a recovery later on the basis of it.

Has to be done upon arrival in Israel
But best bet is to contact them directly, they keep updating their website but rules change so frequently.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics