Home

I dont want to betray my baby but I feel like I am!
Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


SuperWify




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 3:50 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
it works for months and then ranomly for 2 weeks ill spot
ob said its normal ... Sad


Well, that just means it’s time for you to stop taking and get your period. Are you taking back to back packs?
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 3:52 am
SuperWify wrote:
Well, that just means it’s time for you to stop taking and get your period. Are you taking back to back packs?


ya I dont take placebo week
but when I start spotting like I am now, I take placebo week to get my period and start all over
my ob said I didnt have to take placebo for 6 months
Back to top

amother




Geranium
 

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 4:25 am
Quote:
Accordingto the Torah a child is weaned at two, and I think that’s a great guideline regarding spacing for the parents sanity and the child’s time to be a baby.


I think that's a bit of an oversimplification. As I understand it, halacha does not encourage weaning before 2, but as long as there is no break of 72 hours after reaching 24 months, the child can continue nursing (I think till 4 or if weak 5).

That said, our kids are less than 18 months apart, and like pp said, my oldest didn't miss being the Singleton since there was a sibling by the time #1 was really forming memories and whatnot. My kids with larger gaps didn't adjust as well.

Still, I did experience mom guilt, feeling I didn't give #1 the full experience, since my thoughts were already on my next pregnancy, but I'm sure #1 didn't detect it.
Back to top

amother




Geranium
 

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 4:25 am
Duplicate post
Back to top

SuperWify




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 4:34 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
ya I dont take placebo week
but when I start spotting like I am now, I take placebo week to get my period and start all over
my ob said I didnt have to take placebo for 6 months


Right medically it can be ok. but if your staining it’s your body’s message that you are going too long. So I don’t get why it’s annoying, you start staining, you stop and get a period. That’s life.

If you went off birth control you’d be getting your period every month until you get pregnant….
Back to top

SuperWify




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 4:37 am
amother [ Geranium ] wrote:
Quote:
Accordingto the Torah a child is weaned at two, and I think that’s a great guideline regarding spacing for the parents sanity and the child’s time to be a baby.


I think that's a bit of an oversimplification. As I understand it, halacha does not encourage weaning before 2, but as long as there is no break of 72 hours after reaching 24 months, the child can continue nursing (I think till 4 or if weak 5).

That said, our kids are less than 18 months apart, and like pp said, my oldest didn't miss being the Singleton since there was a sibling by the time #1 was really forming memories and whatnot. My kids with larger gaps didn't adjust as well.

Still, I did experience mom guilt, feeling I didn't give #1 the full experience, since my thoughts were already on my next pregnancy, but I'm sure #1 didn't detect it.


It’s not an over simplification. It’s a Torah suggestion. You can do you, and I know many people that did you are the kids are just fine. But many people can’t handle getting pregnant right after birth (for them- medically and emotionally and for the baby’s emotional attachment as well) and it’s very normal and ok to take a break.
Back to top

amother




Geranium
 

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 8:20 am
SuperWify wrote:
It’s not an over simplification. It’s a Torah suggestion. You can do you, and I know many people that did you are the kids are just fine. But many people can’t handle getting pregnant right after birth (for them- medically and emotionally and for the baby’s emotional attachment as well) and it’s very normal and ok to take a break.


I didn't mean in regards to spacing children. I meant in terms of weaning. But definitely everyone has to do what's best for them.
Back to top

amother




Burgundy
 

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 8:52 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
ya I dont take placebo week
but when I start spotting like I am now, I take placebo week to get my period and start all over
my ob said I didnt have to take placebo for 6 months


Getting two months is good, that’s around what I always got.

I would say a baby is a baby until at least a year.
Back to top

amother




Brunette
 

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 10:13 am
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
Getting two months is good, that’s around what I always got.

I would say a baby is a baby until at least a year.


What? A baby is a baby until at least 3 I think. Really. And I'm saying this as someone who has children 12 months apart and my biggest gap is 22 months. They are all still babies. Many times I feel like my 5 year old is still a baby even though he has 3 children (babies) under him. My kids older than 5 I don't feel are babies
I also never tried to get pregnant. Everything was just natural so I don't understand the idea of "let's have baby now." So I'm not commenting on that.
Back to top
Previous  1, 2 Recent Topics

Page 2 of 2 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Baby food
by amother
4 Yesterday at 10:04 am View last post
Weirdest Baby Names 79 Tue, Oct 19 2021, 9:32 pm View last post
Parents mispronouncing baby name
by amother
43 Tue, Oct 19 2021, 6:01 pm View last post
Baby not herself after shots today
by amother
57 Mon, Oct 18 2021, 4:21 pm View last post
First Baby Teething
by amother
3 Sun, Oct 17 2021, 3:52 pm View last post