Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Please suggest a good robo vaccum
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 10:12 am
I don’t want to spend a lot. I really have a great vacuum cleaner. It’s just that my cleaning lady left and I’m having a hard time finding a new one. I thought having a robo vacuum would help me now.
And does anyone have a robo mop? Does it do a good job?
Any suggestions welcome.

BrisketBoss

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 12:10 pm
We just got a Eufy. We're happy with it.

amother
Lightblue

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 12:16 pm
We've had the eufy for almost a year now and am really happy with it.
Fits under quite a lot of our furniture and is a bit quieter than the roomba (we had both at one point).

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 12:18 pm
I have the Roomba 675. It's a cheaper I guess older version of the Roomba. Can work without WiFi. No mapping. Still I'm so happy with it. I don't have young children so not too many things lying around on the floor. Paid a year ago only $180.

I wish I can find such 'miracle' mopping machine.

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 1:03 pm
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
I have the Roomba 675. It's a cheaper I guess older version of the Roomba. Can work without WiFi. No mapping. Still I'm so happy with it. I don't have young children so not too many things lying around on the floor. Paid a year ago only $180.

I wish I can find such 'miracle' mopping machine.

Is it good for wood floors?

amother
Alyssum

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 1:12 pm
I have the Roborock S5 max. Was jsut on sale a few days ago for under $400 Sad

Its aboslutely amazing; best purchase I ever made. Haven't touched a broom or vacuum or mop since I bought it.
(Except maybe my small handhled vacuum)

Rappel

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 1:13 pm
I love my Roborock

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 1:21 pm
Tell me about your home, and I can respond more intelligently. Do you have a lot of stairs/drop off points? What color is your carpet?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 1:27 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Tell me about your home, and I can respond more intelligently. Do you have a lot of stairs/drop off points? What color is your carpet?

Light color carpets including the steps
Some hardwood floor
Some tiled floor

daagahminayin

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 1:29 pm
I have the roborock. Here’s why I like it:

She comes in pink! - well, a rose gold trim.

You can control it manually or by an app.

Firmware updates so it gets smarter over time.

Good customer service and warranty. We had some problems with it by the end of the year and they replaced the machine for us.

I don’t find the mop part so helpful and use it mainly for the vacuum.

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 1:43 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Light color carpets including the steps
Some hardwood floor
Some tiled floor

The Eufy or Roborock will be fine.

I preferred the Eufy, to be honest. It picked up a lot better than the Roborock. But it doesn't work on dark floors and carpets. Only the Roomba I-series does.

I love my I-series Roomba. It vacuums every day before I wake up (and while I'm showering before Shabbat), and gets under most of the furniture. It maps my space. I can tell it to only do certain areas, or to vacuum more problematic areas twice. When its full, it goes to its base and empties itself; it can also recharge mid job if it needs to. But it was expensive. I needed it because I have dark floors and carpets. But for that, the Eufy was fine.

amother
Heather

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 1:55 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
The Eufy or Roborock will be fine.

I preferred the Eufy, to be honest. It picked up a lot better than the Roborock. But it doesn't work on dark floors and carpets. Only the Roomba I-series does.

I love my I-series Roomba. It vacuums every day before I wake up (and while I'm showering before Shabbat), and gets under most of the furniture. It maps my space. I can tell it to only do certain areas, or to vacuum more problematic areas twice. When its full, it goes to its base and empties itself; it can also recharge mid job if it needs to. But it was expensive. I needed it because I have dark floors and carpets. But for that, the Eufy was fine.
Why doesn't it work on dark floors or carpets?

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 2:11 pm
amother [ Heather ] wrote:
Why doesn't it work on dark floors or carpets?

Every (or at least almost every) robot vacuum uses sensors to detect stairs or other drops, so they don't fall into the abyss, breaking into a million pieces. The sensors currently used on every robot vacuum other than the Roomba I-series registers dark floors and carpets as an abyss.

BrisketBoss

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 2:26 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Every (or at least almost every) robot vacuum uses sensors to detect stairs or other drops, so they don't fall into the abyss, breaking into a million pieces. The sensors currently used on every robot vacuum other than the Roomba I-series registers dark floors and carpets as an abyss.

My Eufy does not seem fearful of carpeting or dark floors.

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 2:28 pm
BrisketBoss wrote:
My Eufy does not seem fearful of carpeting or dark floors.

And mine offered a pithy "Error 6, cliff warning" before refusing to budge. Or maybe Error 6 if Roborck, and Eufy was a different error. Neither worked.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 3:07 pm
amother [ DarkKhaki ] wrote:
Is it good for wood floors?

Yes same model and I have mostly wood floors (tiles in kitchen and bathrooms). Great vaccum! Paid $250 and also bought the virtual wall add on.

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 9:40 am
BrisketBoss wrote:
We just got a Eufy. We're happy with it.

There's a Eufy on sale on Amazon for around $150. Would that one be ok, or does it need to be a better version? Which one do you have?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 9:44 am
Can someone post a link to a robot vacuum you know is good? When I search the recommended ones there are a few options.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 9:48 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Can someone post a link to a robot vacuum you know is good? When I search the recommended ones there are a few options.

This is my model. Wifi enabled. Can be used without wifi too. Very good vacuum, we love it. But only when it runs when we're not around.
https://store.irobot.com/defau.....aw.ds
There's no mapping. We bought the add on virtual wall.
https://store.irobot.com/defau......html

cupcake123

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 10:47 am
SixOfWands wrote:

This is so interesting! I have roomba and love it! Though in all fairness never tried any other brand
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics